Infinity See Sun Resort.

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
Whist visiting some of my Wifes friends in Prakhonchai yesterday, I was informed that we would be stopping to visit another friend of a friend who had rececently opened a new resort on the 226 Buriram Surin road. It had a restaurant, and we would eat there I was told. Half heartedly I agreed, as I was hungry, but had been to these "so called resorts" before and had always been underwhelmed to say the least. Well I was in for a very pleasant surprise, this place is immaculate with a capital Imm. The place would seem to have been built on a money no object principle.
The Thai lady owner was not only beautiful, but also charming, with no hint of the usual Hi so, dripping with Gold, attitude that seems to effect the "new money" Thai's. This despite her obvious wealth. She showed us around the different rooms avaialble, the Restaurant, pool, fishing lake, and fuction room.
I have a penchant for old Ox cart's, and have three in my garden. They are bloody difficult to get hold of, this lady has fifty!! around the place sourced from Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia, these coupled with other old farm memorabilia were the icing on the cake for me. The Restaurant food was first class, and very reasonably priced. My photos are all taken after dark but will go back and get some daytime shots for sure. 20180226_205946.jpg
20180226_205756.jpg

20180226_205119.jpg
20180226_205202.jpg
20180226_204004.jpg 20180226_205529.jpg
Private seating area's next to the pool.
20180226_194950.jpg
Lady owner at the top of the table. Upholstered chairs! and faux marble table tops.

Attachments

• 20180226_205043.jpg
    20180226_205043.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
19466298_1544779175561656_9041529712033856033_o.jpg

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/seesunresort/

Looks great, but with it on nearly everyones doorstep, nobody is likely to stay there.
Afraid so. If I were to ask my wife and daughters would they like to stay halfway between Krasang and Buriram I am pretty sure I would be told, "You must be kidding". The other problem is a lack of convenience stores in and around the vincinity. That said, for anyone visiting Buriram or Surin this could be a very attractive place for them to stay.

We have stayed a couple of nights in Buriram when we have been meeting friends for dinner and a few drinks and didn't want to drive back to Surin.
Both times we stayed in the Best Western which is handily located for the City Centre.
This resort would have been a great option but unfortunately it would not meet our needs as we would still have to drive into Buriram.

We have stayed a couple of nights in Buriram when we have been meeting friends for dinner and a few drinks and didn't want to drive back to Surin.
Both times we stayed in the Best Western which is handily located for the City Centre.
This resort would have been a great option but unfortunately it would not meet our needs as we would still have to drive into Buriram.

Agree entirely.

Whenever I visit Surin or Buriram, and drink, I too stay overnight. Obviously I look for accommodation as close as possible to where I will be imbibing, so as to be able to either walk/stagger back to the room, or take a short taxi/tuk-tuk ride. Long gone are my days of drinking and driving.

Huai Sawai is a pleasant reservoir close to the SeeSun Resort - nice drive around the lake, lots of birdlife, and with nearby Wat Bang Son Chan and Mongkol Buddha Memorial too. Good change of scenery for 24 hours.

A good place to bring the Mia Noi's I expect. From Buriram and from Surin. The local places are too well known these days I suspect. :)

Nice looking place, and with good food and a pool, etc would be a nice little hideaway.

How much did they say the rooms were per day?

A good place to bring the Mia Noi's I expect. From Buriram and from Surin. The local places are too well known these days I suspect. :)

Nice looking place, and with good food and a pool, etc would be a nice little hideaway.

How much did they say the rooms were per day?

The double,and twin rooms where 690 bht per night, breakfast extra.
The larger double room with seperate lounge/kitchen area, and two balconys was 1,190 bht per night, breakfast included.
All rooms had a covered car space.

Certainly I'm not the only cynical fellow (or *******) who would've thought that.

Hi-class. The drawing on the website would never show a curtain to keep the strong UV rays off of the vehicle (particularly after dark). :D

Why spend extra money? Park up after dark next to the aforesaid lake, jump in the back of the car and do the deed.

Bring back memories of times gone by ;););)

Back