Irish pub Buriram

I must be the exception to the rule, I have only ever drunk Chang beer in Thailand, with the exception of draft Singha from time to time. The old variety Chang beer that is when it was 3 large bottles for 90 baht and the alcohol by volume was 6.8%. Now 3 of the smaller bottles at 5% by volume cost the best part of 168 baht! That said, I hardly drink any beer these days and I have given up on the wine and spirits too. After 69 years I have reluctantly and begrudgingly come to the conclusion that I actually feel better without alcohol in my body.
Nomad I don't remember Chang ever being 6.8%.....The only one that was 6.8% was Red Horse......The Chang I'm drinking right now is 5.2%.

Nomad I don't remember Chang ever being 6.8%.....The only one that was 6.8% was Red Horse......The Chang I'm drinking right now is 5.2%.

Chang was "supposed" to be around 6.8% Abv back in early 2000's. Many said that it varied between 6.00% and 8.00% due to lack of quality control. I wouldn't have a clue because I was fishcaked on it most of the time!

Chang was "supposed" to be around 6.8% Abv back in early 2000's. Many said that it varied between 6.00% and 8.00% due to lack of quality control. I wouldn't have a clue because I was fishcaked on it most of the time!
When Chang was launched in 1995 its stated strength was 6.4 %

I think it came down, quite quickly, in two stages.... was it 5.8 then 5.2 ?

Whatever, Chang at 6.4 or 6.8 was strong beer and did not need too many bottles before bedtime. Seem to remember 3 large bottles shared with a friend was enouch for the pair of us.

.... compared to what, in Thailand ?

The new stronger Singha Light goes down well as does a drop of Leo. I've noticed over the years the Heineken I used to drink in Pattaya did not taste as good as in the UK or Amsterdam for example. God forbid the Heineken could have been a copy!

The new stronger Singha Light goes down well as does a drop of Leo. I've noticed over the years the Heineken I used to drink in Pattaya did not taste as good as in the UK or Amsterdam for example. God forbid the Heineken could have been a copy!

LEO was my beer of choice for years until Chang dropped the abv. Frankly, all Thai beers are cat's piss compared to UK and European brews.

Where have you been COCO...........6.4 to 6.0 t0 5.8 to 5.5 ,currently 5.2 with the rumour its going to 5.0 when the tax hikes come shortly

Unlike you a Slim, I didn't really imbibe CHANG until it dropped to 5.2

Back