J Tuk Somtam Highly Recommended ***** by ATB, The Best Chicken & Tomset In Surin

Little India

Forum Sponsor
Today me & the family went to eat at a place that ATB had recommended, (he should do a food guide, as everywhere I have been that he has recommended has been top notch)

So I wanted to share with others some of these hidden secrets over the next few weeks,, as ATB is flat out busy & just doesn’t have the time at the moment, so after you have been to the ones ATB has recommended tip your hat to him as I’m just passing on brilliant recommendations.

I have a few myself that I will be sharing, obviously many members may have been to some of the venues Little India recommends but some may not.

10867183_10152672877563507_2050767045_n.jpg

10921953_10152672877503507_767794416_n.jpg

10904076_10152672876173507_105743839_n.jpg

10913081_10152672876083507_942331747_n.jpg

Sorry no pictures of food available due to me getting to excited before I started eating
:)

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions: Past the water company on your left hand side, straight through the first set of traffic lights[/FONT][FONT=&quot], carry on to next set of traffic lights & straight through again & it’s on the left hand side about 300 meters up[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Alternative Directions: behind the big market turn right at the set of traffic lights down the road about 800 meters the restaurant is on your right.[/FONT]

Last edited:

[FONT=&quot]Alternative Directions: behind the big market turn right at the set of traffic lights down the road about 800 meters the restaurant is on your right.[/FONT]

Are you facing west or east from where you start? Or north or south?

If I were you I wouldn't start from there T.I.C.

Today me & the family went to eat at a place that ATB had recommended, (he should do a food guide, as everywhere I have been that he has recommended has been top notch)

So I wanted to share with others some of these hidden secrets over the next few weeks,, as ATB is flat out busy & just doesn’t have the time at the moment, so after you have been to the ones ATB has recommended tip your hat to him, as I’m just passing on brilliant recommendations.

I have a few myself that I will be sharing, obviously many members may have been to some of the venues Little India recommends but some may not.

Sorry no pictures of food available due to me getting to excited before I started eating

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions: Past the water company on your left hand side, straight through the first set of traffic lights carry on to next set of traffic lights & straight through again & it’s on the left hand side about 300 meters up[/FONT]

HELP
No doubt excellent directions if one knew where the water company was. I am often in Surin and expect to be in Surin a lot, later this year when my son hopefully goes to school there, but I am not familiar all of the landmarks.

I suggest you recommend the food and the restaurants, Little India, and get someone else to write the directions for us!

Glad you liked it mate , it might be a little to Thai for some of our members but we love it .
Tom yam and the som tam salt egg ,noodles,fried and BBQ chicken , and the chilly dips .
Great beer leo about 50B a bottle .
No French fries
Or frozen
Foods all fresh :smile:

So I wanted to share with others some of these hidden secrets over the next few weeks,, as ATB is flat out busy & just doesn’t have the time at the moment, so after you have been to the ones ATB has recommended tip your hat to him, as I’m just passing on brilliant recommendations.

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Directions: Past the water company on your left hand side, straight through the first set of traffic lights carry on to next set of traffic lights & straight through again & it’s on the left hand side about 300 meters up[/FONT]

Or heading out of town towards Burriram , last set of lights as you leave town , take a right about 100 yards on your left , you will see BBQ pots and fish outside .
Closed Monday's ,

Or heading out of town towards Burriram , last set of lights as you leave town , take a right about 100 yards on your left , you will see BBQ pots and fish outside .
Closed Monday's ,

With those instructions and adding a comma or two, I reckon I might find the restaurant.

If there are no French fries, I gather they don't do pizza either.

It never ceases to amaze me how you find all these places. AtB!

Closed Monday's ,

Last set of lights leaving Surin towards Buriram would be the ring road intersection..chai mai? Straight over at the lights or turn left? take a right about 100 yards on your left ..what does that mean? Cry3.

Last set of lights leaving Surin towards Buriram would be the ring road intersection..chai mai? Straight over at the lights or turn left? take a right about 100 yards on your left ..what does that mean? Cry3.

I translated it as "take a right (and the restaurant is) about 95 metres on your left." Not sure, though.

I took the last set of lights as you leave Surin towards Buriram as being way out on the road to Buriram, far past the ring road.

So we might still get lost . . . .

Let me try to help...
You are coming into town from Prasat.
Go through the Elephant Roundabout and head down to the City Hall/Police Station traffic lights.
Turn left and you are on the Buriram road.
A right at the next set of lights would take you down to Bangkok Bank and the roundabout, go straight through.
A right at the next set of lights would take you down to the big market, go straight through.
At the next set of lights turn right. The restaurant is 100 metres down on the left...the only one with a light box outside. The owner and his son speak pretty good English.
As to the food and drink...I concur. Good place.

Let me try to help...
You are coming into town from Prasat.
Go through the Elephant Roundabout and head down to the City Hall/Police Station traffic lights.
Turn left and you are on the Buriram road.
A right at the next set of lights would take you down to Bangkok Bank and the roundabout, go straight through.
A right at the next set of lights would take you down to the big market, go straight through.
At the next set of lights turn right. The restaurant is 100 metres down on the left...the only one with a light box outside. The owner and his son speak pretty good English.
As to the food and drink...I concur. Good place.

That's probably a long way around for a short cut if driving there, but makes clear the location. Well done! Thanks.

Are you sure there is no pizza or chips (Belgian fries)?

I suggest you recommend the food and the restaurants, Little India, and get someone else to write the directions for us!

If you know where the water company is & it is on your left hand side, then these set of directions I have given an untrained chimp could follow.

Nick I understand you don’t know where the water company is so maybe a little more tricky.

Yorky if the water company is on your left you could only be possibly going one direction?

Honest to God at times it’s like being made to live in old people’s home with you lot, where every f*cker has lost their marbles except me.

Last edited:
I would have directed you lot differently.

Coming from Makro/Big C out of Surin on the main road through town towards Buriram, you pass the Memorial Hotel Soapy on the right. Go through the next lights and turn right at the 2nd set and the restaurant is 300metres down on the LHS.

Alternatively, if coming from Buriram go past the Nissan showroom on the left and turn left at the first set of lights (approx 1km). Restaurant 300metres on left.

I used to be a navigator in a large UK Motor Rally Club back in the old days! :smile:

FFS...I'm just happy that none of you are providing coordinates or directing air strikes against known combatant positions.

Now tell me again where the train station is located...T.I.C.

Offtopic2.

I bet you remember the 'herring bone' clues then. The 'reverse herring bone', the 'circular herring bone' and the 'reverse circular herring bone' too. It was the last one that cost me and my driver a top three finish in one of those RAC Rallies. As it was we were a DNF! I used to navigate too in Car Rallies in the late Sixties. Great fun.

One of the few things I miss out here. Our club progressed from a local one to an RAC accredited one. Still going strong.. Green Belt Motor Club.

What I learnt in rallying helps me find places in Thailand, especially J Tuk Somtam...NOT off topic

Place sounds good but with these directions I think aimlessly driving around town i will find it quicker....getting hungry,,,

Attachments

• 2014-12-12 07.31.53.jpeg
    2014-12-12 07.31.53.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-12-18 09.42.33.jpeg
    2014-12-18 09.42.33.jpeg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2014-10-26 06.35.15.jpeg
    2014-10-26 06.35.15.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
Place sounds good but with these directions I think aimlessly driving around town i will find it quicker....getting hungry,,,

How hard is it to pass the water company on your left hand side (where you can pay your bills) , follow the road through 2 sets of traffic lights & it’s on your left hand side, 350 meters on the left? you dont even have to turn left or right!!!!!

The funny thing is if I would have left the easiest direction possible off, then everybody would be bitching about there being no directions, if you can’t follow those directions. which my 9 year old daughter could, then I think those people should not be driving a car or a bike,

Unbelievable
WTF1

Back