Jomtien Immigration TM30 Rule Changes

CO-CO

Rather wrinkly & occasionally cantankerous member
For those dealing with Jomtien:-

It suggests that a new TM30 is required each time you return to Thailand; hopefully this will not extend to Buriram and Surin.

Screenshot_20231023_103437.jpg

So who gives you a TM30? At the border on reentry? Thai Immi on exit? I have a TM6 I believe. Says it is a departure card.

So who gives you a TM30? At the border on reentry? Thai Immi on exit? I have a TM6 I believe. Says it is a departure card.

A TM30 is registration of address of the foriegner. I saw a hosting a week ago about this change and as I have just recently returned from a short trip to Laos I stopped by immigration to make sure I was in compliance.

I was informed that in SSK the policy is that as long as I return to my registered address after I
re-enter Thailand I am kosher and if I change address without registering I am not.

This is a TM30.IMG_20231023_203829.jpg

That
A TM30 is registration of address of the foriegner. I saw a hosting a week ago about this change and as I have just recently returned from a short trip to Laos I stopped by immigration to make sure I was in compliance.

I was informed that in SSK the policy is that as long as I return to my registered address after I
re-enter Thailand I am kosher and if I change address without registering I am not.

This is a TM30.View attachment 69846
That is indeed how it has operated (except for a brief period when the housekeeper was supposed to report if you returned from a trip out of province - at that time returning from abroad was one of the exceptions to reporting).

Jomtien have now chosen to add a layer of bureaucracy to the system.

That

That is indeed how it has operated (except for a brief period when the housekeeper was supposed to report if you returned from a trip out of province - at that time returning from abroad was one of the exceptions to reporting).

OK, so my wife has been reporting my return to address by phone to Immi each time I go out and come back. No paperwork or slip in my passport.

That

So in Jomtien now they want to see your house papers? Yellow book/blue book?

So in Jomtien now they want to see your house papers? Yellow book/blue book?

Whatever they normally want to see when submitting a TM30.....I have a rental agreement and I believe that the resort will submit a new TM30 online.....I will need to prompt him when I return.

They need you to submit a TM30 after returning to Thailand because the old one (prior to leaving the country) is deemed to be out of date.

HOWEVER, you don't automatically need to do one on your return (you won't get fined) but you WILL need to submit a new TM30 if you have business to conduct with Immigration - that might be a certificate of residence (say, if buying a car), applying for a reentry permit or doing your annual extension of stay application.

As I said, let's hope it doesn't reach Surin/Buriram etc . In fact let's hope that at Jomtien it just fades away.

Back