KAP CHOENG GETS DOUCHED.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Surin reservoir dyke breached, floods downstream

By The Nation

4683230693fcd8795ffebae5acde5875.jpeg

A reservoir breach in Surin has caused widespread flooding in Kap Choeng District and damaged the local road.

Surin Provincial Royal Irrigation Office chief Prateung Wandee said that water broke through the Ban Sawangniyom Reservoir on Wednesday evening, causing a flash flood downstream.

The office has issued a warning for people in Tambon Nongyai to prepare for a flood.

An inspection of the scene found that water had cut a 20-metre wide by four-metre deep swath through the reservoir’s earth dyke and destroyed the local concrete road on the dyke.

Prateung said officers were working hard to fix the dam and it was expected to resolve the problem within five days.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329675

-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-19

I 'll be very surprised if they can repair that dam in 5 days. If the earth dam has gone in one part the whole dam must be considered suspect. Looks like they need to go back to the drawing board and start again from the beginning.

I 'll be very surprised if they can repair that dam in 5 days. If the earth dam has gone in one part the whole dam must be considered suspect. Looks like they need to go back to the drawing board and start again from the beginning.

This is not by me. I thank its is to the west of 214 towards Ban Krut. By looks of it I can thank of two mud puddles that would be that size. As for the Kap Choeng METROPOLITAN AREA:rolleyes: all is well with no flooding.:D As for the repair I would venture to say that the highway project for the 214 has a new location for fill.:rolleyes:

Maybe in 5 days all the water would have drained away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten to 1 the only loss is some down stream rice crops. If they had brains they would let it drain as the wet seasons is over and that water is lost. Now dig out the reservoir (fill for the 214) and repair the break.

Now lay down and take a tablet GL. You have as much chance of them doing that,as you winning that damned US lottery.

Now lay down and take a tablet GL. You have as much chance of them doing that,as you winning that damned US lottery.

Hey I did win 11 USD but had to mail the ticket back to my sister so she could claim it. Told her to have breakfast at Bob Evans on me.:rolleyes::D

Hey big spender.

Got one better than that. :rolleyes:Our father was born in 1917, passed away in 2003, 14 years ago. In 1917 our grandparents took out a life insurance policy on our father when he was born, bet you can see where this is going:cool: . The premium was 1 cent per mont.:eek: Over many years this policy was passed amongst numerios companies. This pass month my sister was notified of this policy and listing her and I as beneficiaries. We both received a check at her address in the USA for the magnificent sum of 22.00 USD EACH.:D Total of 44.00 USD. I told my sis to forge the check and put it in her account, she did:D and go have a steak on me.:D:D BTW she did the deposit electronic so she still has physical check. She has it framed and hanging on the wall.:D:D:D

Back