Kap Choeng Immigration Suppression unit.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
For those that need glasses..

The Suppression Unit is to the extreme left of this photo and entrance of KCI.

11960069_882796645101215_2531842849920986263_n.jpg

Notice the signs and what they say.

11933434_882796668434546_5101908419469647924_n.jpg

11954779_882796688434544_2458986422150312904_n.jpg

11935576_882796721767874_3146688160021103231_n.jpg

Interesting choice of words. The Wikipedia defines suppression as:

Suppression may refer to:

• Oppression, the exercise of authority or power in a burdensome, cruel, or unjust manner, also an act or instance of oppressing
I guess that explains all.

Immigration suppression !

To suppress immigration. I see it is all clear now.

While we are on this subject. What is it with the recent persecution of persons that have proper visas to remain in the country by Thai Police. Does the police want to take over responsibility's of The Thai Immigration section.

Yes ! , before I get this question. I do believe the unwarranted questioning and visiting your abode for no good reason is harassment and persecution, no matter how friendly and benign it may appear.

PS Seems great minds think alike NM .Banged out at the same time.

Immigration suppression !

To suppress immigration. I see it is all clear now.

While we are on this subject. What is it with the recent persecution of persons that have proper visas to remain in the country by Thai Police. Does the police want to take over responsibility's of The Thai Immigration section.

Yes ! , before I get this question. I do believe the unwarranted questioning and visiting your abode for no good reason is harassment and persecution, no matter how friendly and benign it may appear.

PS Seems great minds think alike NM .Banged out at the same time.

Ask them.shrug1

Oxford Dictionary gives one definition of suppress as "Forcibly put an end to". And another as "Prevent the dissemination of (information)".

I visited that particular office 90 days ago and in all fairness they were very friendly and helpful. They sat me down at their computer terminal and showed me how to do the 90-day report on-line. They even gave me a print out of my own address on headed notepaper to faciliate the issue of a Yellow Tabien Baan by the appropriate council offices. Furthermore, there was absolutely no charge for this service. In the end the big boss in the council offices did not require this print out and issued the Yellow Book without any additional paperwork (and another free service).

Mind you, I fail to see the connection between invading a Farang's living space with enforced home visits and the Unit's stated aim of the Prevention and Suppression of Human Trafficking.

Ask them.shrug1

You know what happened last time "I asked them GL"

How does the old song go. "I fought the law and the law won."
I did win that battle though, but indeed did lose the war.

He did insult me, while I was OK with that ! When he insulted my wife, that was enough.

You know what happened last time "I asked them GL"

How does the old song go. "I fought the law and the law won."
I did win that battle though, but indeed did lose the war.

He did insult me, while I was OK with that ! When he insulted my wife, that was enough.

Just remember your the one that that did not have the proper documents that are required.Oops5

Just remember your the one that that did not have the proper documents that are required.Oops5

Also remember the Rules of the House.

1. The Immigration Office holds the Royal Flush and is always right

2. If they make a mistake or do something wrong - refer to Rule 1.

Yes I know that GL but there was no need for insults on his behalf. He resulted to that when he could not answer my questions. His staff all thought he deserved it for being so rude. I only gave him a stern but polite dressing down in Thai in front of his staff.
That is what you get when you assume all farangs cannot understand and speak Thai.

I asked the same question at Immi 1 and I received a concise direct answer and it was very polite as well. Full marks to the officers there.

It was not documents it was one bloody document. My flowery Kor Sor 3. Had everything else.

Yes I know that GL but there was no need for insults on his behalf. He resulted to that when he could not answer my questions. His staff all thought he deserved it for being so rude. I only gave him a stern but polite dressing down in Thai in front of his staff.
That is what you get when you assume all farangs cannot understand and speak Thai.

I asked the same question at Immi 1 and I received a concise direct answer and it was very polite as well. Full marks to the officers there.

It was not documents it was one bloody document. My flowery Kor Sor 3. Had everything else.

I was being nice. You did not have the original and that is a must on the first go around. Nobody to blame but...Chokdee5 We live and learn.Hug1

This suppression unit wrote 800 thb fine to my wife. Happened 8.8.2015
Yesterday I got the proof of residence letter from Kap Choeng immigration. They gave us receipt of 800 Thb. Or I taught it was receipt for the letter. In the evening I looked receipt better. Actually it is fine receipt for my wife, same what you get when speeding. Reason of the fine is written in Thai. In English it is something like "foreigner accommodation, not reported to the police". Period of time was marked 9.7.2015-7.8.2015. My last arriving to Thailand was 9.7. from Laos. So one months crime cost 800 Thb... year 12x800 and so on

So every wife, who owns the house and accomodates husband in her house should tell this to police or be fined.
Also if you rent the house, your landlady should tell the police.

I am now somewhat confused.

I have lived in the same house for 15 years and for the last 12 have had a 30 year lease on said house. The house is owned by my wife. Every 90 days or so, I report my address to KCI (my wife has always been with me). Every 12 months I report to extend my 2002 visa (because I am retired) at KCI and my wife is with me.

Is it now a requirement that my wife is to report to KCI (or the police) that I am living here? And if so, how often is she required to do this?

I am now somewhat confused.

I have lived in the same house for 15 years and for the last 12 have had a 30 year lease on said house. The house is owned by my wife. Every 90 days or so, I report my address to KCI (my wife has always been with me). Every 12 months I report to extend my 2002 visa (because I am retired) at KCI and my wife is with me.

Is it now a requirement that my wife is to report to KCI (or the police) that I am living here? And if so, how often is she required to do this?

Your land lord, in this case your wife has to report you living in her house within 24 hours to her local cop shop of you returning from say a trip back home.

Another scenario:

Last month we spent two nights in Khon Kaen. The hotel made a copy of my passport so one would believe that they complied with the law and reported it to the police/immigration. When we returned, should my wife have reported that I was back?

Another scenario:

Last month we spent two nights in Khon Kaen. The hotel made a copy of my passport so one would believe that they complied with the law and reported it to the police/immigration. When we returned, should my wife have reported that I was back?

Technically yes. But I don't think they will push that.

Another scenario:

I need to spend a few nights in hospital. Is the hospital required to report to the police/immigration that I am staying there? And when I am discharged, does my wife again have to report that I have then returned home.

The whole thing is like a Brian Rix farce. No-one who is responsible has thought it through.

But why does that not surprise me?

Your land lord, in this case your wife has to report you living in her house within 24 hours to her local cop shop of you returning from say a trip back home.

Actually my home is Surin, but that's irrelevant. So is it an overseas thing? If I went to Singapore for a few days, she would have to report upon my return, but if I went to Bangkok, it would be OK if she didn't?

Back