Kevin Lawlor

Emma

Hi it's been nearly six years since my father passed away in Thailand. I am still non the wiser as to what happened to him. I received phone calls in broken English which made no sense. I'm trying to trace any of his farang friends that may be able to help me. I have no details for his wife so I decided to start with this website. Can anyone help me?

Kevin died in hospital in Ubon Ratchantani (about 150 km east of here). I cannot remember the specific circumstances if I even knew but I shall endeavour to find out. I understand that his widow now lives in Petchaburi province south of Bangkok.

Kevin died in hospital in Ubon Ratchantani (about 150 km east of here). I cannot remember the specific circumstances if I even knew but I shall endeavour to find out. I understand that his widow now lives in Petchaburi province south of Bangkok.
Yorky, was that the 'Kevin' who used to drink with a few of us near to the Uni dorms?
Lived towards Sangka.

If so, I think I saw a old photo of him up in Nobby's bar last week?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi it's been nearly six years since my father passed away in Thailand. I am still non the wiser as to what happened to him. I received phone calls in broken English which made no sense. I'm trying to trace any of his farang friends that may be able to help me. I have no details for his wife so I decided to start with this website. Can anyone help me?
Might be best to contact the OP by way of 'personal message' (PM) if anyone can help her with info about Kevin.

Might be best to contact the OP by way of 'personal message' (PM) if anyone can help her with info about Kevin.

Why? Unfortunately this forum is in desperate need of new topics as, I believe, it is getting rather stagnant and boring. I have tried to post new and interesting topics but only a few members, well make that 3, seem interested in keeping things moving along. A good mystery is what this forum needs. The man's daughter did post her original post on this Forum so why should it not stay on the Forum. The Mods seem to be quick in taking any "juicy" or interesting posts down. I'm a little sick of reading about the British pound.

Emma, sorry for your loss and I hope you get some new information about your Dad.

BYE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Unfortunately this forum is in desperate need of new topics as, I believe, it is getting rather stagnant and boring. I have tried to post new and interesting topics but only a few members, well make that 3, seem interested in keeping things moving along. A good mystery is what this forum needs. The man's daughter did post her original post on this Forum so why should it not stay on the Forum. The Mods seem to be quick in taking any "juicy" or interesting posts down. I'm a little sick of reading about the British pound.

Emma, sorry for your loss and I hope you get some new information about your Dad.

BYE.

Fair comment.

Although it wasn't for the British Pound (and Yorkers tucker) you have bugger all to read.

Sadly, Wombat, in recent weeks, we have lost some interesting members either having jumped ship...or been pushed overboard.. As a result the forum is becoming boring and somewhat stale.

Make that 4 Co Co, I forgot about you.
Wombat, I am sorry I did not say anything but I did not know Kevin, honest. His face does look familiar but I never frequent the Farang Connection where that picture seems to have been taken. Lets hope someone like Yorky can find the information Emma seeks.

Wombat, I am sorry I did not say anything but I did not know Kevin, honest. His face does look familiar but I never frequent the Farang Connection where that picture seems to have been taken. Lets hope someone like Yorky can find the information Emma seeks.

Nomad, you were in my original 3 so no need for your sincere apology.

@Emma : I have found out more now. Kevin initially went into hospital with a neck problem and they discovered that his neck was broken possibly as a result of the car accident that he had a few years earlier. Whilst in the hospital he developed lung problems. He died of respiratory failure possibly together with other complications.

@Emma : I have found out more now. Kevin initially went into hospital with a neck problem and they discovered that his neck was broken possibly as a result of the car accident that he had a few years earlier. Whilst in the hospital he developed lung problems. He died of respiratory failure possibly together with other complications.

Sad that his broken neck was not realised immediately after his accident..

I do not want to take this thread off topic, but Ron Saunders the Villa manger who won the league in 81, had a broken neck diagnosed some 20 years after it had apparently happened. So not always obvious I guess.

Emma, I too am sorry for your loss.

As far as I am aware Nick, he didn't attend a hospital following the accident. That was how Kevin was.
I also think your right Y. I seem to remember him talking about it (the accident) at a 'Staffords' Sunday roast meet-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BYE.
Did you know him?
I was concerned only that comments might upset his daughter. Nothing more.
If you call that 'juicy', sorry we will have to agree to disagree.

PM sent to her.

Back