Laugh or not

wildoates

Surin Legend
Was at immigrations yesterday getting a document, they are very good there. Anyway a far and was there needing to extend permission to stay, he was telling them he had no money, all tied up in rice 1 million baht that government has not paid him yet. I had to leave before I laughed like the immigration officers were.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Was at immigrations yesterday getting a document, they are very good there. Anyway a far and was there needing to extend permission to stay, he was telling them he had no money, all tied up in rice 1 million baht that government has not paid him yet. I had to leave before I laughed like the immigration officers were.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I was in there the other week. Some Austrian bloke wanted to renew his Non O visa, but the officer wouldn't do it because he still had 45 days left. The Austrian was not having any of it and started berating the bloke for not speaking good enough English, he could barely speak it himself. Wasting everyones time he was, they came to some sort of compromise in the end, though i don't know what it was.

I was in there the other week. Some Austrian bloke wanted to renew his Non O visa, but the officer wouldn't do it because he still had 45 days left. The Austrian was not having any of it and started berating the bloke for not speaking good enough English, he could barely speak it himself. Wasting everyones time he was, they came to some sort of compromise in the end, though i don't know what it was.

I do find it very strange how some 'visitors' (expats) here seem to expect the locals to speak English.
I met an old English guy at Xmas time who was most annoyed that a shop assistant couldn't understand him. His only argument was that if they wanted to sell goods, then they should speak English.

I just kept quiet and moved on!!!!!

The compromise probably went like this FB,,,"If you leave now without saying another word, I won't cancel your visa"!

The compromise probably went like this FB,,,"If you leave now without saying another word, I won't cancel your visa"!

He was very patient with the Guy mate, and distracted himself by chatting away with the Blokes little girl.
You gotta be patient doing that job, especially with some of the clowns they have to deal with.
Another good place to watch Expats blow a fuse over the language barrier is Ruampaet hospital or any of the pharmacies at the Supermarkets.

I saw this happen after a twat payed a 5000 baht fine for being 3 weeks pass his 90 day report, the BiB were on each side of him as the IO gave the twat a 7 day to get out of Thailand stamp after cancelling his retirement extension.

Back