Life certificate

B

billp

For the first time in 4 years , I have been asked to complete a certificate proving I am still alive - which is no problem except that it has to be signed by a magistrate, lawyer, policeman etc who has seen my passport and witness my signature . That sounds like trip to BKK . Anybody else asked for one ?

What was the purpose of needing the Life Certificate? Visa? Insurance?

That's terribly reassuring to note that I only exist under the controlled apices of institutional authority......

I bet there is a few Bargirls around that can confirm that, Bill.

Who sent to form to you Bill??

I bet there is a few Bargirls around that can confirm that, Bill.

Who sent to form to you Bill??

Well , I know I am alive but its the Pension Service who need re-assuring and if I don't return the completed form within the next few weeks, they will stop my pension

Trip down the cop shop then for you Bill with a few 100 Baht notes

Have to go to Pattaya on Saturday to sort out some lawn bowling so might see what I can do there - the cop shop here is too
useless when it comes to Farangs .

Have to go to Pattaya on Saturday to sort out some lawn bowling so might see what I can do there - the cop shop here is too
useless when it comes to Farangs .

About time there was a lawn bowls and bar, of course, in Surin. A business opportunity for someone?

For the first time in 4 years , I have been asked to complete a certificate proving I am still alive - which is no problem except that it has to be signed by a magistrate, lawyer, policeman etc who has seen my passport and witness my signature . That sounds like trip to BKK . Anybody else asked for one ?

Hi! I am familiar with this kind of thing although I have not been asked to prove that I am still alive for at least a couple of years. I was, still am, a Squadron Leader in the Royal Air Force - would that title be of sufficient rank to certify your letter? If so, I will be pleased to sign your certificate.

Hi! I am familiar with this kind of thing although I have not been asked to prove that I am still alive for at least a couple of years. I was, still am, a Squadron Leader in the Royal Air Force - would that title be of sufficient rank to certify your letter? If so, I will be pleased to sign your certificate.

Thank you , nomad97 -Yes , you would be qualified but you are probably unaware that I live in Klaeng which is in Rayong province .
My son , who lives in Pattaya , has offered to take the form to Bkk next week , and as we both have a friend who is a solicitor . he will
sign the form and my son will post it off . But thank you for your kind offer

great idea mate, Im quite partial to a spot of bowls myself.
Let me know when you are paying Pattaya a visit and I will arrange a game out at the Retreat - Best bowling green in Thailand . We have just formed the Pattaya Lawn Bowling Association which is now recognized by the Thai Lawn Bowling

Let me know when you are paying Pattaya a visit and I will arrange a game out at the Retreat - Best bowling green in Thailand . We have just formed the Pattaya Lawn Bowling Association which is now recognized by the Thai Lawn Bowling

Returning to Pattaya tomorrow (Friday). Will be there for a couple of weeks.

Bill -My mobile number is 0848636844 - give me a bell if you are interested - i have to go to the Retreat Bowling Green in the afternoon (Saturday, that is)
billp

Last edited by a moderator:
Slightly off topic which I appogise for in advance but I used to live in a small East Sussex village called Polegate, near to Eastbourne. Now Eastbourne has a reputation for being full of pensioners. The tags "Gateway to the Incontinent" and "Gods Waiting Room" spring to mind. I found it extreemly depressing because I could count on one hand the number of times I met an older Gent or Lady who was happy (my 'ol mum included). It a nice place with beautiful countryside and great pubs too but it sort off rubs off on you and turn you(me) just as miserable.
What I'm trying to say is that its so refreshing to be in the company of bloody funny,happy guys who are more alive than some people back home half their age.

Thank you and I'm off to Pattaya

In the end it was quite painless - took the form signed and dated to my son who was going to BKK to see our family solicitor . He signed and stamped it , then my son posted it - done & dusted . So I am now officially alive - Hooray . Lets go to Pattaya quick .

Slightly off topic which I appogise for in advance but I used to live in a small East Sussex village called Polegate, near to Eastbourne. Now Eastbourne has a reputation for being full of pensioners. The tags "Gateway to the Incontinent" and "Gods Waiting Room" spring to mind. I found it extreemly depressing because I could count on one hand the number of times I met an older Gent or Lady who was happy (my 'ol mum included). It a nice place with beautiful countryside and great pubs too but it sort off rubs off on you and turn you(me) just as miserable.
What I'm trying to say is that its so refreshing to be in the company of bloody funny,happy guys who are more alive than some people back home half their age.

Thank you and I'm off to Pattaya

Dave - I am familiar with Polegate and Eastbourne but I think Herne Bay has the largest per capita of pensioners . Everywhere you walk you have to dodge flying wheelchairs . Must be the local oysters from Whitstable .

5th December is the (ammended)opening of Alcatraz GoGo in Walking Street. If you would like an invite, Bill I can sort it!

Dave

Wander past Alcatraz (Walking Street) every day and night. Would have to be a lot of good work done between now and 5th December to have it ready for you blokes.

Back