Lots of great places to eat in Surin

None of the other Robinson Lifestyle Centers have MacDonalds, Sizzler, or Subway. The only restaurants they have that we don't already have in Surin is Jeffer Steak, Auntie Annes, and
S&P so we will probably get those. We will most likely be getting a Tops Market also.
http://www.jeffersteak.com/menu/index.php

Hmmmmmm, never ate at a Jeffer's Steak restaurant. Seeing the menu I now see why. Some things look okay, the beef steaks though are pretty dear as our Brit members say. I'd try out a few things maybe. Might be a place to refuel when shopping if they do end up having one. Really want a Sizzlers and a McD's though. :)

Mike

Hmmmmmm, never ate at a Jeffer's Steak restaurant. Seeing the menu I now see why. Some things look okay, the beef steaks though are pretty dear as our Brit members say. I'd try out a few things maybe. Might be a place to refuel when shopping if they do end up having one. Really want a Sizzlers and a McD's though. :)

Mike

I've eaten at Jeffer a few times and it's nothing to get excited about. What I'm hoping for is a good deli in the Tops Market.

I've eaten at Jeffer a few times and it's nothing to get excited about. What I'm hoping for is a good deli in the Tops Market.

Yeah, same here, and a good bakery with some decent choices of breads, rolls and such.

Mike

Two weeks back a brought a load back from Yamazaki and now its gone..Cry3.

I used to get that Rye bread myself. Lovely stuff. Was a pain in the neck though having to go all the way to Korat to get it. It does freeze up well and thaws fine. This is one reason I hope they make a Tops Market here that has a decent bakery with some good choices of breads and rolls and such. Yamazaki is an excellent bakery with lots of choice though. I love it.

Mike

Have any of you tried the bread at Lorenzinos Guys? His croissants are very good.

Have any of you tried the bread at Lorenzinos Guys? His croissants are very good.

What's the cost? I find the croissants at Big C passable for the price. I just wish they were bigger. You can use them for a good sandwich if they are large enough.

Like I said, I do hope the new market at the Robinson's has a better bakery than what is available around here now. The place in Korat Mall is great, but too far away.

Mike

I think they are 20 bt each. I know its exspensive, but I would rather pay the extra in knowing that the ingredients were not akin to plastic and sh1t and they never flew off a conveyer belt.
Your best bet would be to find out what time/day makes his bread and get there pronto. It is very nice.

I think they are 20 bt each. I know its exspensive, but I would rather pay the extra in knowing that the ingredients were not akin to plastic and sh1t and they never flew off a conveyer belt.
Your best bet would be to find out what time/day makes his bread and get there pronto. It is very nice.

So I've heard. So I've heard. From quite a few people.

Mike

I regularly buy bread from Lorenzos, in my opinion it's easily the best bread in Surin.
I have never been in when he had baked individual croissants but I once bought a croissant style loaf which I enjoyed for a change

I regularly buy bread from Lorenzos, in my opinion it's easily the best bread in Surin.
I have never been in when he had baked individual croissants but I once bought a croissant style loaf which I enjoyed for a change

Where is Lorenzos, i miss not having good bread in thailand..:rolleyes:

I believe he requested that a long time ago and (personally) I do not know if it was ever followed up?
Maybe a customer could enquire???

Without a doubt, Willi is the best baker in all of Issan. I can't get enough of his fresh baked breads. The man knows his stuff. At one point back three or four years ago he did bake fresh croissants and what a treat that was to go there for his outstanding coffee and a just out of the oven croissant.

I believe he requested that a long time ago and (personally) I do not know if it was ever followed up?
Maybe a customer could enquire???

Apparently not as his banner is not on our site. Someone in town needs to have a chat with him.

Back