Milky Mushroom Spawn bag 550g.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 0
  • Milky Mushroom Spawn bottle 200g.jpg
    Milky Mushroom Spawn bottle 200g.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 0
  • First spawn shipment.jpg
    First spawn shipment.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 0
A mate of mine as a small set up , once it gets going they get three crops a day ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366586673.408236.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366586696.917976.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366586719.174487.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366586738.025960.jpg
He's back in the UK now but it keeps his wife busy and she makes 1000b a day on a good day .

What a weekend! Spend two days coming up with a continuous substrate pasteurising method without spending any money. Tried bales of straw, I figure I could do one a year, no way I can generate enough steam. 200 litre drums are fine but you have to start again each time heating cold water. Using 50 litre (or whatever they are?) steel drums was the answer. I can get a happa net full of straw out of the drum when it is processed and pop in a new one. Good result.
Tomorrow the first grow bags get put together.

Check this out. Got a mushroom grow box at home? No? Well I will swap you. One carton of Leo for one Leo Grow box of mushrooms, Milky Mushrooms. Yes you have to grow them at home. When was the last time you had to dedicate 5 mins a day to growing the best steak size mushrooms you ever had.
Am I full of the necessary mushroom ingredients (Darkness and Bullshit)? No! Just name the time and place to make it worth the trip and we will get together. Piss up at Ryans Resort or Sunbeam. Off to Tronds resort on Wednesday.

Today I start adding the casing material, another 10 days and the first mushrooms.. yippee!

I'm not home at the moment, but would like to get some mushrooms on the go. The family just came into some dosh, so will finish the MIL's house and I can have my mushroom hut back!!!!

Progress Pictures

A few quick snaps of two of the beds, a colonised substrate or grow bag and the casing layer where the mushrooms will form.

Attachments

• PICT0014.JPG
    PICT0014.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0015.JPG
    PICT0015.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 0
No mate, the last one left on Saturday. One set of arms and legs and learnt all I could from thefive years and some great animals. I miss them enormously. But never had time to close the loop on so many other things the sty was built to accomodate other than the pigs. Current plan is to go fully organic on the pig front in the future. For now this is the first of a few things where we are almost fully self sufficient.
So we buy a friends manure instead of shovelling our own.Still making compost and fertilisers. Still have the worm farm running. When I can get the feed bill down by making more myself, then I will get the pig numbers up in a new environment. For now the feeders and gates are just stored where they take up the least room, where they are supposed to be.

Last edited:
A quick update. The first mushrooms pinning in bed no 1. The opened and Cased bags in the first 2 beds,now there are 6. The first few "Grow At Home" mushroom boxes just before casing.

Attachments

• PICT0039.JPG
    PICT0039.JPG
    308.7 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0040.JPG
    PICT0040.JPG
    576.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PICT0024.JPG
    PICT0024.JPG
    427 KB · Views: 0
A quick update. The first mushrooms pinning in bed no 1. The opened and Cased bags in the first 2 beds,now there are 6. The first few "Grow At Home" mushroom boxes just before casing.

Just catching up with this thread. It all looks very interesting IA. However, please explain to me, what's the deal? Are you selling the mushrooms or the grow bags? Serious question because I am interested either way.

Me too i want to start growing them, the family grow them near the cambodia border she has 4 sheds full of them, a good seller for sure.

Just catching up with this thread. It all looks very interesting IA. However, please explain to me, what's the deal? Are you selling the mushrooms or the grow bags? Serious question because I am interested either way.

Both John. Milky mushrooms store for two weeks in the fridge so to buy them fresh by the half or kilo is possible for most people. I have a number of customers who want a box which will produce for up to three months yielding up to four kgs of mushrooms per box.

Me too i want to start growing them, the family grow them near the cambodia border she has 4 sheds full of them, a good seller for sure.

If the family cant help, drop me a line. Better yet come have a look and I'll give you a tour and show you what I am doing.

Heres a shot taken yesterday of a few bags with good pin coverage. Doyou reckon there will be enough to go around? 60 bags per box and 4 boxes fruiting each week. I think there just might be!

Attachments

• PICT0046.JPG
    PICT0046.JPG
    998.9 KB · Views: 0
Now I can see a mushroom

After looking at black topped bags then white bumps and lumps, today they look a little more like skittles.

Attachments

• PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 0
Back