Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant O / Savannaket

bushmill

Hi, just back from my Visatrip to Laos/Savannaket:
My old Multiple Entry Visa Non O (one year)had expired at the 19.th of September. I made my trip to Savannaket by bus from Sisaket - Ubon-Mukdahan- Savannaket witout any problems (thanks Frank for you help). I found a nice Guesthouse close to the Thai-Consulate (400 mtr).
Monday morning I went to the Consulate at 8.30 got my applicationform printet and all copys made wich i needed. In my case i had to show a copy from my wife's ID-card, one from the housepaper (Tabianbaan) and one copy from our marriagecertificate ( the original I had to show too ).
Then comes the question how long I wouldt like to stay 60/ 90/ or 360 days. I say 360 days, ok it's 5000 Baht and please come on Tuesday around 14.00 to pick up your Visa.
There was no Question about Income or money in the bank, everything was quite easy.
Including Visafee, Transport, Guesthouse, Food and drinks it cost me 9000 Baht.

So if somebody is looking for a Multiple Entry Non O Visa (based on marriage) I recommend Savannaket.

That's a real interesting post, and well worth remembering. :GrinNod1:

Bushmill an interesting post.Please can you tell me ( us ) the type of visa.I have have done this trip twice over the years and have always got only 3 months and told to extend at my visa at the local Immigration office.I also had a friend that stayed here on double entry tourist visa as they also would only give him 90 days marriage visa.Maybe the rules have changed..:?..:)

Hi, just back from my Visatrip to Laos/Savannaket:
My old Multiple Entry Visa Non O (one year)had expired at the 19.th of September. I made my trip to Savannaket by bus from Sisaket - Ubon-Mukdahan- Savannaket witout any problems (thanks Frank for you help). I found a nice Guesthouse close to the Thai-Consulate (400 mtr).
Monday morning I went to the Consulate at 8.30 got my applicationform printet and all copys made wich i needed. In my case i had to show a copy from my wife's ID-card, one from the housepaper (Tabianbaan) and one copy from our marriagecertificate ( the original I had to show too ).
Then comes the question how long I wouldt like to stay 60/ 90/ or 360 days. I say 360 days, ok it's 5000 Baht and please come on Tuesday around 14.00 to pick up your Visa.
There was no Question about Income or money in the bank, everything was quite easy.
Including Visafee, Transport, Guesthouse, Food and drinks it cost me 9000 Baht.

So if somebody is looking for a Multiple Entry Non O Visa (based on marriage) I recommend Savannaket.

Cheers Bushmill for the good info. Looks like I will be doing the same trip towards the end of November.

:Chokdee5:

Cheers Bushmill for the good info. Looks like I will be doing the same trip towards the end of November.

:Chokdee5:

What you have to remember cookie is with this visa every 90 days you must do a visa run ,meaning you will have to pay in one year for 3 Cambodian or Laos visa plus all the teas money Immigration officials will want.This could add a further 6k or more to the the actual cost of this visa making a total of 15k+ a year. If all the info is correct ( I'm sure it could be )it could be ideal for those that can't show the 400k or 40k a month to get the Thai Marriage visa from the local immigration ,that only cost's 1900 baht a year.Obviously for those that have the 400k in the bank or proof of 40k a month it is a No Brainer that the 1900 baht Marriage Visa obtained at the local immigration office is the best option.( You must get a 3 month marriage Visa first from a Thai Consulate first and then get this extended )
It could be that the Thai Consulate in Laos is now giving the Multi-entry One your Tourist visa for immigrants that are married to Thais that come and go for work purposes,something that they had refused to issue before...:?

Last edited by a moderator:
I havn't got a Tourist Visa it is a Multiple Entry Visa Non Immigrant O. Important was the Marriage Certificate ( Original )

I havn't got a Tourist Visa it is a Multiple Entry Visa Non Immigrant O. Important was the Marriage Certificate ( Original )

This does seem strange as in all the years I have stayed in Thailand the only time I have heard of a One years Non-O marriage visa being given without showing any money is from your home Countries Thai Consulate.If you read all the info available the nearest place seems to be K.L.were you can obtain a One year Non O Marriage Visa whist only having to show 100k in a Thai Bank.Are tell us anybody can now go to Laos with no money in the bank and no proof of how you can afford to live in Thailand and get a one year visa based on Marriage ..:?

Might be better than a Visa extention due to marriage then if its 100% guaranteed. The only possible (& small) problem I could imagine is if the rules change (funds go up) you might not be 'grandfathered' at your original amount (400k or 40k p.m.)

Might be better than a Visa extention due to marriage then if its 100% guaranteed. The only possible (& small) problem I could imagine is if the rules change (funds go up) you might not be 'grandfathered' at your original amount (400k or 40k p.m.)

I don't understand what you are saying Dave, are your saying Laos gives 1 year visa extention's without showing money in the Bank.The only reason I say this is I don't want our members going all the way to Savannaket thinking they can get a One year Non O extention without showing they have money in the Bank,finding they can't and then having problems!!!

This is not a visa extention. It is a visa alone. I had heard a story that Savannaket were offering double entry O visas(good for 6 months) now it seems that they offer multi entry too.

These visas are supposed to be for those that come to Thailand frequently and have to leave often to go to work or what ever.

I fear that when the Thai authorities find out the there are people using them to stay here permanently then there will be a review.

On the other hand maybe they have heard about the numerous other ways that people get visas(not via immigration) that the powers that be have decided to make things easier and collect the money themselves.

I also heard of a time when KL were refusing to offer more than 3 in a row.

This is not a visa extention. It is a visa alone. I had heard a story that Savannaket were offering double entry O visas(good for 6 months) now it seems that they offer multi entry too.

These visas are supposed to be for those that come to Thailand frequently and have to leave often to go to work or what ever.

I fear that when the Thai authorities find out the there are people using them to stay here permanently then there will be a review.

On the other hand maybe they have heard about the numerous other ways that people get visas(not via immigration) that the powers that be have decided to make things easier and collect the money themselves.

I also heard of a time when KL were refusing to offer more than 3 in a row.

I did talk to the head guy at the Vientiane Thai Consulate and he told me this type of visa was available but he refused to issue them as he thought they were being used as a loop hole for people staying here in Thailand that had no money.That why he only issued a 3 month Marriage visa and told people to extend them at their local Immigration Office.
This only goes to show that as most other Thai Official Offices whoever is in charge makes his/hers own rules up.....:Lost1:

Sorry mate, but I just made it and Norbert from pizza4you in Kantarrak made the same.
It's in Savannaket ( Consulate) not in Vientiane( Embassy ).
By the way Frank from Sisaket got it too.

Sorry mate, but I just made it and Norbert from pizza4you in Kantarrak made the same.
It's in Savannaket ( Consulate) not in Vientiane( Embassy ).
By the way Frank from Sisaket got it too.

But do you have to have a Multi-entry first and get this re-newed or can you go with different kind of visa and change..:?

I just had an expired Mutiple Entry from Germany, Franks so much I know to , another guy from Austria had a touristvisa from his Countryand Norbert I think he had been on Touristvisa befor.

I don't understand what you are saying Dave, are your saying Laos gives 1 year visa extention's without showing money in the Bank.The only reason I say this is I don't want our members going all the way to Savannaket thinking they can get a One year Non O extention without showing they have money in the Bank,finding they can't and then having problems!!!

No thats not what I was saying. If you have a continuous history of back to back Visa extentions due to marriage, IF the required funds go up, then you are likely to be 'granfathered' and stay at the old 'rate.'

If you use other methods, you would lose this option (IF the situation ever arose). A slim chance but something to consider.

No thats not what I was saying. If you have a continuous history of back to back Visa extentions due to marriage, IF the required funds go up, then you are likely to be 'granfathered' and stay at the old 'rate.'

If you use other methods, you would lose this option (IF the situation ever arose). A slim chance but something to consider.

Next month I have to bring money into Thailand to top up my Bank account so I have 400k in the bank in early February next year to extend my one year marriage visa.Does this mean I don't have to do this as the exchange rate is so low .Can I go to Savannaket and get a visa for one year based on Marriage without showing my bank details.:?

As Dave I like to think I am clued up on all the visa issues but after some checking and re-checking it does seem at this moment in time Savannaket is issuing Multi-entry visa's based on marriage but I would have to say that Stevo's post#10 is the one I would rely on.Things could change at any time and anybody that can obtain a marriage visa from Local Immigration Office showing 400k in the bank or an income of 40k a month should do so and only people having difficulties in showing money to obtain a marriage visa would be advised to try and obtain this type of visa or for those that genuinely need this type of visa as they work away from Thailand and come back to stay with their wife's and family whilst not working.
I have worked out that whilst the exchange rate is low that additional cost of this type of visa out weights the exchange rate in my case,maybe not so if 400k is needed to be brought over from your homeland bank account into a Thai Bank account.......:)

any one got any info about the thai embassy in burma i want to go there any way and may as well do it on a visa run my visa runs out in feb i have a marrage cert

Hi guys,
Some good news for many of you. Re-entry permits will now begin to be issued at Suvanabhumi Airport. According to today's Bangkok Post; both single entry and multiple-entry permits will be available for purchase.

Hi Bear, Dave, Ron,

Could you explain why this is such good news? I am naive about visas as I just visit for a month each year on a visa on arrival. Plan to live in Surin full time at some stage over the next three years or so. Does the change you are talking about make that easier than it seems to be at present?

Thanks guys.
JohnB

Back