New airport Rumor!

Prasatcanadian

With all the new roads and paving even though Prasat, has anyone heard more about a new airport 10 km north of Prasat?

Last year we heard a rumor so wondering. Seems to be a lot of infrustucture up grading and for what ???

Thx

With all the new roads and paving even though Prasat, has anyone heard more about a new airport 10 km north of Prasat?

Last year we heard a rumor so wondering. Seems to be a lot of infrustucture up grading and for what ???

Thx

OLDER than Moses that rumor.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surin is or will be at the cross roads of the M3 and M4. The Route 24 becomes a minor back road. As to airport rumours, there are always airport rumours.

P.S. This is one for Rice to take a closer look at. The map seems to show that the Route 3 and 4 intersection is going through Sikhoraphum, slightly to the east of Surin. Rice may find that his chosen place of peace and tranquility in the back of beyond is soon to be shattered by the incessant roar of motorway traffic.

Last edited:
TRUMP decide to built a wall between USA and Cambodia.
Does he know where Cambodia is?

Surin is or will be at the cross roads of the M3 and M4. The Route 24 becomes a minor back road. As to airport rumours, there are always airport rumours.

P.S. This is one for Rice to take a closer look at. The map seems to show that the Route 3 and 4 intersection is going through Sikhoraphum, slightly to the east of Surin. Rice may find that his chosen place of peace and tranquility in the back of beyond is soon to be shattered by the incessant roar of motorway traffic.

I tell you what NM. I don't think I will hold my breath. Now how many years did it take to upgrade 226 and 24. Still ongoing mind you. I remember 15 years ago when both roads were just single lane in either direction carriageway lined by thick trees on both sides. 226 was worse and mind you still is in some sections.

First time I heard this rumor of an airport by Prasat was about 2015.:rolleyes: 2014 on this forum it was rumored that about 20 km east of Surin a new airpot was to be built. :tonguewink:2013 the Thais were saying that an airport by the Chong Chom Market was to be built.:eek::eek: Just this afternoon a good friend dropped by with a flat of Anchor Beer, I just love the Irish.:D:D:D He is basically a tourist only gets in twice a year BUT out of his mouth comes a statement " I heard today the there is going to be an airport in Prasat".:rolleyes: I dam near dropped my beer.:oops: Bless those rumor mongers of Prasat.:p

If that roadmap above is accurate and comes to fruition, it should make my regular trips to and from Swampy easier. With the improvements to the 24 from Pisan to Pak Thong Chai, my total time for the journey is down by an average of 30 mins (I do not use excessive speed!!). So if most of the traffic uses the M4 instead, it should shave some more time off, lovely jubbly!

If that roadmap above is accurate and comes to fruition, it should make my regular trips to and from Swampy easier. With the improvements to the 24 from Pisan to Pak Thong Chai, my total time for the journey is down by an average of 30 mins (I do not use excessive speed!!). So if most of the traffic uses the M4 instead, it should shave some more time off, lovely jubbly!
For the first couple of years maybe, then the lack of maintenance will start to show and journey times will take longer. 555!

Having been in PKC for 16 years, I have made regular trips over the years to Pattaya (I hasten to add that these trips were to visit/stay with my daughter who lives there). Despite in recent years so much of the route becoming dual carriageway, my trips these days actually take longer than originally -no doubt due to the extra traffic, especially large trucks.

Having been in PKC for 16 years, I have made regular trips over the years to Pattaya (I hasten to add that these trips were to visit/stay with my daughter who lives there). Despite in recent years so much of the route becoming dual carriageway, my trips these days actually take longer than originally -no doubt due to the extra traffic, especially large trucks.
I wouldn't agree with that Nick,back in the old days when the 331 was just a single track it could take 3 hours just to travel from Pattaya to the 304 junction!

Not sure of your exact start point up here Adam but you are not exactly taking the best route IMO.

I am 23 clicks south west of Prakhonchai and I am usually 4 hours to Pattaya, 3 and a half to Swampy.

I am near Pisan. I take the 24 to Sikhio, the 2 to Saraburi, the 1 to Kanchanapisek road to Swampy. For most of the route I set the cruise control to 110km/h (never had a ticket, unlike the missus who has been hit 3 times by the camera to Sikhio).

What route do you recommend?

I might not take it though as we like to stop off at Khao Yai to eat or food shopping at the big Tesco Lotus.

Also the company pays for the travel, so not too bothered by the quickest route, but if there is one, I'll have a look.

Not sure of your exact start point up here Adam but you are not exactly taking the best route IMO.

I am 23 clicks south west of Prakhonchai and I am usually 4 hours to Pattaya, 3 and a half to Swampy.

I'm still waiting with bated breath for the route COCO......... NOT sarcasm, I really am!

Back