new french restaurant and bar

S

surinstephane

new french restaurant and bar its open in surin on leap klong road nong muang at the entry of fantasy resort
only on reservation

tel : 08-72758092

brochure super S seconde face.jpg

CIMG0773.JPGmusic /sport tv / cocktail / french chief /

super S restaurant the french restaurant in surin with friendly staff
prices start 150 to 250 bath
starter : caesar salad, tuna salad and other... / main course : basque chicken, salmon with his sauce and spinach or potatoes, strogonoff beef, stuffed vegetables, squid in white wine, dauphine grattin and other... / frenchs desserts apples pie,oranges pie, delicious chocolate cake with custard.
We prepare all the dishes to order 5 hours before your come so that they are impeccably delicious thank you for your understanding
tel us : 08-72758092

Last edited by a moderator:
You pre-order your meal, is that correct?? What happens if myself and the wife are the only cutomers that order that evening, do I just you give you a time that I want to show up, you tell me how long to cook my meal and bob's your uncle when I show up my meal is ready?? How about if we show up and we want to sit and relax perhaps have a drink or a bottle of wine before eating, if the meal is already cooked whats happens, you let it sit around, get cold and then just reheat it?? IMO I just think that this idea is silly and not practical at all. A good French bistro would be a welcome addition to the Surin dining scene but I for one want my meal cooked while I am there.

View attachment 3432

View attachment 3433music /sport tv / cocktail / french chief /

super S restaurant the french restaurant in surin with friendly staff
prices start 150 to 250 bath
starter : caesar salad, tuna salad and other... / main course : basque chicken, salmon with his sauce and spinach or potatoes, strogonoff beef, stuffed vegetables, squid in white wine, dauphine grattin and other... / frenchs desserts apples pie,oranges pie, delicious chocolate cake with custard.
We prepare all the dishes to order 5 hours before your come so that they are impeccably delicious thank you for your understanding
tel us : 08-72758092
Ordering the meal 5 hours before WTF that's weird !!! Is the food then flown up from Bangkok ?
Are well something new I guess .

You pre-order your meal, is that correct?? What happens if myself and the wife are the only cutomers that order that evening, do I just you give you a time that I want to show up, you tell me how long to cook my meal and bob's your uncle when I show up my meal is ready?? How about if we show up and we want to sit and relax perhaps have a drink or a bottle of wine before eating, if the meal is already cooked whats happens, you let it sit around, get cold and then just reheat it?? IMO I just think that this idea is silly and not practical at all. A good French bistro would be a welcome addition to the Surin dining scene but I for one want my meal cooked while I am there.

Very true Paddy ! Plus Im always happy to wait whatever it takes to get good fresh food !!
Normally a starter takes 15 to 20 mins to make then 15 to 20 mins before the main course to come that,s 40 \ 50 mins if you order both main and starter when you get there ,most meals can be cooked in 40 \50 mins - thats if the menu is not to big ! stick with a small menu is the way ,fresh food no need to freeze ,less waste , and quicker to cook because your cook is geared up for the choice you have ..

Surinstephane, I hope you don't mind comments.
They are geared to help and guide you and all, so far have been constructive.

Good Luck in your venture.

Dave

Surinstephane, There are so many eating places in Surin and when we are in Surin we decide then and there where we will eat. Making a reservation does not compute, we are not in France or New Zealand, etc now. Goodluck with you new enterprise and I wish you well.

I thank you for your comments.
It is not question to make the dishes of Bangkok come:) and I do not like frozen foods because they are less well.
The principle is not to give the arrival time but just to choose the dish which we want to eat in pre-command as if you asked a caterer and knowing that the dishes which I propose ask for someone till 5 hours of preparations it is thus impossible to prepare them in 50 min. the principle it is just to say itself I want to eat French this evening I phone to the frenchie at noon or 2 pm and I he said I come to eat at home this evening I want a chicken Basque and my gf a salmon spinach (for example)it is not important the hour at which you arrive.
It's a small restaurant it's a small town those are French dishes which ask time of preparation the principle is to make discover dishes of my country for small price in a good atmosphere for expatriates who are interesting we are not in Bangkok and I do not sell 20 dishes at the hour to plan everything in advance and it's not what i want.
I hope you understand better the principle now.
It is the restaurant of a small friendly community more than a restaurant to make money
but you can come eat a krapao moo kay dao you have it in 10 min the beer too and the cocktail too ;)

Good luck with the venture and I hope your business is strong in Feb when I am back for a holiday

I thank you for your comments.
It is not question to make the dishes of Bangkok come:) and I do not like frozen foods because they are less well.
The principle is not to give the arrival time but just to choose the dish which we want to eat in pre-command as if you asked a caterer and knowing that the dishes which I propose ask for someone till 5 hours of preparations it is thus impossible to prepare them in 50 min. the principle it is just to say itself I want to eat French this evening I phone to the frenchie at noon or 2 pm and I he said I come to eat at home this evening I want a chicken Basque and my gf a salmon spinach (for example)it is not important the hour at which you arrive.
It's a small restaurant it's a small town those are French dishes which ask time of preparation the principle is to make discover dishes of my country for small price in a good atmosphere for expatriates who are interesting we are not in Bangkok and I do not sell 20 dishes at the hour to plan everything in advance and it's not what i want.
I hope you understand better the principle now.
It is the restaurant of a small friendly community more than a restaurant to make money
but you can come eat a krapao moo kay dao you have it in 10 min the beer too and the cocktail too ;)
What if my friends and me want to come for lunch ,are you open for lunch ? (mid day ) would we need to meet up at 7-am and call you for our order ? .If you keep the menu small there should be no problem ,chicken is fresh and can be used in Thai meals also (no waste) ,Salmon is frozen only around here so no waste ! No need to spend 5 hours cooking a bit of Chicken or Salmon ! I cant see this working at all mate . Just my thoughts stephane but this policy is just not going to work, mate .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X_vGEJoI-c&feature=related watch and learn ,6 items on the menu fresh food ..Easy !

I am sorry Stephane, but from one Stephen to another, I have to tell you that I cannot get my wife to decide what to eat one hour before meal times, let alone 5 hours before hand. Our two young children (6 and 2) are even more difficult and I am sure that it does not take 5 hours to plan and make hot dogs with French fries. If we go out to eat we like to sit down, have a cool beer, study the menu and see what tickles our fancy. Then we order and continue with a cool drink before the meal arrives within 25 to 30 minutes usually.

I do appreciate the service you are trying to provide but, as seen from the other comments above, I do not think it is a successful recipe for Surin, every pun intended. Good luck in your venture - I hope your resturaunt is always full.

Last edited:
Where you are located it is more like a Student/Uni area as opposed to a residential area or a major route around town.

Have you considered providing something for that type of person that is different to all the other Thai restaurants near to you?

1 french food its not a piece of chicken with french fries
2 french fries don't come from france but belgium (it's a wrong english translate)
3 people who no have time for estimate good food must go eat KFC or fish and chips
4 if your life here can not let you time for take good moment around good table go back home
5 i work before in 5 star restaurant in france so i don't need yahoo lesson
6 i don't need money
7 my price for french food it's a gift for you
8 merci beaucoup

Stephane,

I regret that you will find that French food is not that highly regarded that people will re-organise their day to accommodate it. I agree with nomad that eating in Thailand (or being married to a Thai) is a spontaneous thing.

Presumably, if no one has ordered by 16.00hrs you don't open in the evening ?

I think you will also find that many of the expats here have settled in a comfortable lifestyle and do take time to enjoy a meal out - regularly. However, they will not be told by anyone (even with Michelin stars) when they can come and eat - they prefer to eat what they want when they want. If someone want chicken cordon bleu (or burger and chips) at Coffee Corner they can have it between 09.00 and 20.00 hrs. I sincerely doubt it will up to a 5 star standard but it will be ready in 20 minutes.

God bless the freezer and microwave.

Fortunately you don't need the money so the losses will be manageable. I also imagine that a work permit for a 5 star chef is easier to obtain than, say, a cook ?

Have you considered Bangkok as opposed to Surin as a home for your talents. 5 star restaurant experience in Surin is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

stephane,

i regret that you will find that french food is not that highly regarded that people will re-organise their day to accommodate it.

Fortunately you don't need the money so the losses will be manageable.

Have you considered bangkok as opposed to surin as a home for your talents. 5 star restaurant experience in surin is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

"ashtray on a motorbike" lmao1

I have eaten many excellent meals in France and it is no wonder French cuisine is renowned around the world.

Would it not be possible to have two menus I feel certain that if someone were to visit and enjoyed their meal they would be more likely to pre-order something different for lets say either the following day or sometime in the future.

One of my most memorable meals was in Le Harve whilst waiting to board the ferry I went to a small restaurant not the usual one I normally went to as I didn't have a lot of francs left and didn't want to change any more money.

Poulet, a large bowl of petit pois, fresh french bread and a jug of Cotes de Rhone.

It was a simple meal and one that would not have taken too long to prepare (apart from the chicken that looked like it had been cooked in a casserole) but it was a meal that I still remember after 30 years.

I wish you all the best of luck and will try to pop in one of these days.

I have eaten many excellent meals in France and it is no wonder French cuisine is renowned around the world.

Would it not be possible to have two menus I feel certain that if someone were to visit and enjoyed their meal they would be more likely to pre-order something different for lets say either the following day or sometime in the future.

One of my most memorable meals was in Le Harve whilst waiting to board the ferry I went to a small restaurant not the usual one I normally went to as I didn't have a lot of francs left and didn't want to change any more money.

Poulet, a large bowl of petit pois, fresh french bread and a jug of Cotes de Rhone.

It was a simple meal and one that would not have taken too long to prepare (apart from the chicken that looked like it had been cooked in a casserole) but it was a meal that I still remember after 30 years.

I wish you all the best of luck and will try to pop in one of these days.

I agree - and French meals are best in France. I have had numerous meals par excellence in Le Touqet and washed down with a Bergundy. Had some wonderful dishes in Provence where I enjoyed some of the best wines I have ever had.

I don't yet live in Surin, so perhaps my thoughts are slightly different on this restaurants policy than most of those expressed.
We went along yesterday having read about the place in the introductions section so we were unaware about having to pre order.
We didn't therfore get to eat but Stephane explained his philosophy about freshly prepared food and we were more than happy to order from the menu to eat on the 19th
I agree it would be more difficult if children were involved, but if the food lives up to the descriptions on the menu I am expecting a really enjoyable dinner and if so I am sure it will be a welcome addition the the Surin eating experiance

Back