New Italian/Swiss Restaurant to open

Bear

Surin Legend
While enjoying a brew or two at Farang Connection, Thursday, met a very nice Swiss gent and his wife.
They have just about completed building their new restaurant. The restaurant will specialize in Italian Food while serving Swiss and French food, also. Some who were at the FC and had tried his food say the food and preparation are outstanding.
I am not sure of the name of the restaurant. It will be located near Big C on the road heading toward hospital. I have been promised name, location (exact) and will pass it on as I receive it. This may be a good addition for Dave the Dude's fine restaurant map. The restaurant tentatively will be open by 1 Sept.

Mmm, Swiss cheese, perhaps?
Fondue.
I just told my wife and she said
"Pizza?" No offense to our Thai girls, but pizza and cheese are what most Thais think of when they here Italian. I hope this is real Italian as in regional-I hate to sound like an arrogant American, but we've been blessed with millions of Italian immigrants over the last 200 years and many of us know the many regional differences.

I hope it's Sicillian.
Anyone ever been to Basilicos in Bkk run by the supposed Mafiosa in-exile. with the Harley collection. Best damn wood pizza and scangelli East of Black Sea if you ask me.

:GiveBeer1:Get Leo in there cooking and it will be a sucess.....a little far from Sangka though hey Claudio

Mmm, Swiss cheese, perhaps?
Fondue.
I just told my wife and she said
"Pizza?" No offense to our Thai girls, but pizza and cheese are what most Thais think of when they here Italian. I hope this is real Italian as in regional-I hate to sound like an arrogant American, but we've been blessed with millions of Italian immigrants over the last 200 years and many of us know the many regional differences.

I hope it's Sicillian.
Anyone ever been to Basilicos in Bkk run by the supposed Mafiosa in-exile. with the Harley collection. Best damn wood pizza and scangelli East of Black Sea if you ask me.
Where is this place mate ? sounds Gangsta !

We don't need another Italian restaurant... Wev'e already got Pizza company thankyou very much.:)

Praise be to the Pizza Gods if that is in fact true. Surin has a real need for a restaurant that makes a proper pizza. God, what passes for pizza these days in Surin and I don't mean the crap from the Pizza Company, is IMO a disgrace. Crusts that are more like a doughnut, sauce with a metallic taste, canned topppings, the list goes on, seems to be the norm. A proper pizza should have a thin crust, homemade tomato sauce, fresh toppings of the highest quality and cooked in a wood oven if possible but at least an oven that cooks the pizza at over 650 degrees. I have been in Surin since 2006, tried all the places that claimed
they made a good pizza and I am still waiting, maybe my long nightmare is finally over.
The very best pizza I have ever had was in fact at Basilico on Sukhumvit Soi 33 in Bangkok. I was staying at the Novotel Lotus Hotel across the street and I happened to be there the night he opened. Wow, simply put, amazing food and like I said, the very best Pizza I ever eat. Super thin crust, sauce with a hint of hot, fresh toppings all cooked in that wood fired oven. I was blown away and returned many more times and I still go there whenever my wife and I hit Bangkok.

I am not an authority on pizza but the last three I have had were from Mike at Starbeam & I thought they were great. Really tasty. Nice thin & crispy base, tasty tomato sauce, a wide selection of toppings & can be made as spicy as you would like.

He's an accomodating guy, if there is any special way you like your pizza, sauce or toppings pay him a visit & talk to him. I am sure he would take you into his kitchen whilst making it for your input, then you get what you want the way you want.

They are all cooked in an industrial pizza oven all though not wood fired.

Cheaper than Pizza Company with a friendly Farang atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not an authority on pizza but the last three I have had were from Mike at Starbeam & I thought they were great. Really tasty. Nice thin & crispy base, tasty tomato sauce, a wide selection of toppings & can be made as spicy as you would like.

He's an accomodating guy, if there is any special way you like your pizza, sauce or toppings pay him a visit & talk to him. I am sure he would take you into his kitchen whilst making it for your input, then you get what you want the way you want.

They are all cooked in an industrial pizza oven all though not wood fired.

Cheaper than Pizza Company with a friendly Farang atmosphere.
I agree with Cookie 100%. If you want good pizza in Surin then go to Starbeam.

I have a Italian restaurant for 15 years in Belgium (Westmalle) before came to Thailand , bought a wood fired oven outside Milan and shipped over to Surin... baked a few times the perfect pizza in it ;-) when friends came on visit from Belgium .
100_2238.jpg

Is the swiss/italian restaurant open ???? Chu arai ????

Yes I am italian and I can confirm that in Italia pizza company, pizza hut & friends are only for tourists. No Italian would never eat there !!!

Hey thongdee parli italiano ? Hai una pizzeria a Surin con il forno a legna ????

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 4
Is the swiss/italian restaurant open ???? Chu arai ????

Yes I am italian and I can confirm that in Italia pizza company, pizza hut & friends are only for tourists. No Italian would never eat there !!!

Hey thongdee parli italiano ? Hai una pizzeria a Surin con il forno a legna ????

Io non parlo italiano molto, sì, ho un forno a legna pizza, but that was up at Shiko , now doing business in Surintown ...

It would be great to get some facts and info about this place. Yesterday it was announced that the SurinFarang advertising will be free until further notice so as a new business, that might help get the word around Surin very quickly IMHO

Today I tried to find this new italian/swiss restaurant but I could NOT find it
Where is it ? What's its name ???
Following the indications of the 1st post I went to the road from Big C to hospital .... no trace !!!! Please help !!!

Thongdee do you mean Sikhio near Korat ???
Do u have a pizzeria there with wood oven ???? Are u going to open a pizzeria in Surin ???? (I hope so ....:Cross_Fingers:)

Today I tried to find this new italian/swiss restaurant but I could NOT find it
Where is it ? What's its name ???
Following the indications of the 1st post I went to the road from Big C to hospital .... no trace !!!! Please help !!!

Thongdee do you mean Sikhio near Korat ???
Do u have a pizzeria there with wood oven ???? Are u going to open a pizzeria in Surin ???? (I hope so ....:Cross_Fingers:)
Info needed jumpomg8

This place is open now. It is on the same road as Goodview but on the other end (near the Big C road). We had dinner there last night and it was very good.

I agree with Cookie 100%. If you want good pizza in Surin then go to Starbeam.

Sounds great, I will definately try them next time I am back, there is nothing like that here in Macedonia. For now it looks like I will have to make do with Pizza Hut when I get to Afghanistan.

John.

Back