New Project (15/1/22)

The other 51% is placed with faceless nominees. I had 2 friends in Pattaya who formed companies and then bought houses the sale of which they controlled through their companies. One drawback is the necessity to produce annual accounts.
I guess that is why I entered Thailand on a Non-B Business Visa many years ago. I do remember talking with a lawyer about setting up a business although nothing came of it. The rest is history.

P.S. It still confuses Immigration why I have a Non-B visa in my passport.

I guess that is why I entered Thailand on a Non-B Business Visa many years ago. I do remember talking with a lawyer about setting up a business although nothing came of it. The rest is history.

P.S. It still confuses Immigration why I have a Non-B visa in my passport.

In your latest passport?

The relevant stamps (including details of the original visa) would have been transferred to any subsequent passports.

Of course. The details from the original visa, although expired, are still required for your yearly extension of stay application.

The 12 km drive into Sisaket is all on paved rural highways ( 4 numbered roads), with electric wiring running the length. Over the past 1/2 dozen years at least 20 paddies have been filled in and homes built. Thais love a view of the highway and the gentle sound of large trucks to soothe them to sleep.

A Couple of independent gas stations and 1/2 dozen small shops have also sprung up. There were good opportunities especially at crossroads. One corner saw a gorgeous home by any western standards built on it. While I saw it as perfect commercial land, the buyer quickly realized that he could hear trucks passing from not just the front but also from the side.

When I appraised Real Estate bank's had a firm rule that the land value could not be more than 50 % of the total value of the improved property in order to obtain a residential mortgage. They infact preferred 2/3 apportioned to the dwelling and 1/3 towards the land.

I always felt the guy that buys a "dump" in a good neighbourhood or a small old house in a neighborhood being gentrified came out on top.

Value and cost are not synonymous. Over improvement will destroy you. I have appraised homes with Disney licensed bathroom fixtures and $10,000 murals in the baby's bedroom. It is always difficult to sit across the table from a " rich" guy and explain unless the buyer has a baby or small children those costs have absolutely no value. The most common response I got was " when you have as much money as me then you can tell me what is a good investment."

I see farang mansions in bumf@ck villages and know someone will get 20 cents on the dollar if they were to sell them. My home would be a far better investment if it were located in Sisaket city. Who in their right mind will buy in the country village? I also did not build either the largest nor most expensive home in the community.

Good on you Coffee, this is an investment that you do not intend to see the return on. Far more stable than opening a coffee shop or grocery store, passive so not to steal your time and not easily traded so someone else's impulses will be tempered.

The money is spent, there should be little further investment or upkeep and I have no doubt the value will increase

Good on you Coffee, this is an investment that you do not intend to see the return on. Far more stable than opening a coffee shop or grocery store, passive so not to steal your time and not easily traded so someone else's impulses will be tempered.

The money is spent, there should be little further investment or upkeep and I have no doubt the value will increase

Thank you for your good wishes, George.

I pulled some money out of stocks and put it to play elsewhere.

If everything goes sideways at least they have real property other than the current residence.

Who knows maybe baby Samuel will decide to build near Grandma when he growsup or the property can be sold to pay Uni fees and so forth.

A year and a half on the family property investment is getting another season of growth.
20230606_172418.jpg

(I haven't inquired about any jewelry or bodies being found.)

Back