New restaurant out at 108 coming?

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Heard a rumor about a farang and his wife starting a new restaurant out at the 108. Don't know how true it is, but hope if they do open to see them succeed and give us another place to bring our custom to eat and relax and watch some sports and have a chat with friends. It would be nice to see this come to fruition. Just something I heard the other day. Would be nice to see.

Mike

Heard a rumor about a farang and his wife starting a new restaurant out at the 108. Don't know how true it is, but hope if they do open to see them succeed and give us another place to bring our custom to eat and relax and watch some sports and have a chat with friends. It would be nice to see this come to fruition. Just something I heard the other day. Would be nice to see.

Mike
It is true. Restaurant at 108 has been reopened by Patrick (Petteri) and wife. They sell only Thai food. Saturday afternoon Patrick has his birthday. They welcome all friends to visit in new restaurant (food is served from 3 pm, in the evening also live music). See you there friends.

It is true. Restaurant at 108 has been reopened by Patrick (Petteri) and wife. They sell only Thai food. Saturday afternoon Patrick has his birthday. They welcome all friends to visit in new restaurant (food is served from 3 pm, in the evening also live music). See you there friends.

Just got a call and invite from Patrick. I'll be there. And he says that is true. He and his wife will have the restaurant over at Paul's 108. Good luck to them and I hope they do well there. Nice people.

Mike

Only selling Thai food, it'll never last.

Actually Ray I think they could do well there with good Thai foods at good prices. There's tons of young Thai lasses living there going to school nearby. A place there would be perfect for all the people renting rooms there and the local neighborhood. I'm sure they'll do fine. Inexpensive cold Thai beers and Spy Classic, some Thai telly showing the soaps and modern Thai music on the speakers, and it's a hit. :)

Mike

Actually Ray I think they could do well there with good Thai foods at good prices. There's tons of young Thai lasses living there going to school nearby. A place there would be perfect for all the people renting rooms there and the local neighborhood. I'm sure they'll do fine. Inexpensive cold Thai beers and Spy Classic, some Thai telly showing the soaps and modern Thai music on the speakers, and it's a hit. :)

Mike

ThumbUp6

I used to hang out at the 108 from time to time. They always had a good drinking crowd, and never really had much farang food anyway. I think Paul keeps the lease of the restaurant area priced reasonably and the problem has always been inconsistent management JMHO, so with the right management I can see it being a success. Patrick is a nice guy and I wish him along with his family the best.

Last edited:
Patrie has a captive audience -the universtiy students. And with the young sexy girls will come a few farangs to admire their looks.:biggrin:

Good luck Patrie,

"And with the young sexy girls will come a few farangs to admire their looks."

And that might be part of a problem rather than a plus for a business such as this. Who wants a bunch of impolite perving ugly old drunk fart farangs in their restaurant leering at their female Thai customers and staff like they were at a beer bar or agogo bar in Pattaya, making a fuss, having fist fights, arguing loudly, and loudly dropping F-bombs all over where the Thai customers/families/couples can hear (and which word they do understand, most of them, as being highly impolite)? Basically scaring away the very customers one wants to attract. I find it doubtful this would help anyone's business that was trying to actually attract real customers with some good food, decently priced drinks and beers, and some amenities meant for the targeted customer base.

Look around gents. There are many more Thais that spend their money daily in many Thai oriented businesses than there are farang oriented places and farangs. If you can gain their custom you'll do, or can do at least, quite well.

JMHO.

Mike

Last edited:
You took the words right out of my mouth Mike hahaha. Well said mate.

"And with the young sexy girls will come a few farangs to admire their looks."

And that might be part of a problem rather than a plus for a business such as this. Who wants a bunch of impolite perving ugly old drunk fart farangs in their restaurant leering at their female Thai customers and staff like they were at a beer bar or agogo bar in Pattaya, making a fuss, having fist fights, arguing loudly, and loudly dropping F-bombs all over where the Thai customers/families/couples can hear (and which word they do understand, most of them, as being highly impolite)? Basically scaring away the very customers one wants to attract. I find it doubtful this would help anyone's business that was trying to actually attract real customers with some good food, decently priced drinks and beers, and some amenities meant for the targeted customer base.

Look around gents. There are many more Thais that spend their money daily in many Thai oriented businesses than there are farang oriented places and farangs. If you can gain their custom you'll do, or can do at least, quite well.

JMHO.

Mike

That's not always the case , when I go there
The girls just pore into the restaraunt hordes of them ,
Scaring them away not me Mike lol lol

Is this the sane Patrick who had a coffee shop in Pekasim Plaza in Surin that closed after a few weeks..
View attachment 7086

Don't know about his sanity :), but yes, the same gentleman Patrick who had the coffee shop in Petchkasaem. The owner of the Petchkasem had made promises to him he did not keep, which, after a while, I believe Patrick saw as being detrimental to his new business, so he pulled the plug rather than waste his time and money.

Mike

Don't know about his sanity :), but yes, the same gentleman Patrick who had the coffee shop in Petchkasaem. The owner of the Petchkasem had made promises to him he did not keep, which, after a while, I believe Patrick saw as being detrimental to his new business, so he pulled the plug rather than waste his time and money.

Mike

That,s very true Mike , they made all kinds of promises and kept to none .
That Plaza wont be there much longer I dowt ,same with Surin Plaza .
There on there way out .
Out with the old in with the new as they say !

So why are there about a Billion Thai eaterys in Thailand that do mate ?WTF1

Half of then are shitholes , full of rats and flies, if there was a public health deparment , like in the uk and the rest of europe , the billion, would become 100 , the thais that stay at the 108 complex eat outside , as there mostly students and on a low budget. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Half of then are shitholes , full of rats and flies, if there was a public health deparment , like in the uk and the rest of europe , the billionest, would become 100 , the thais that stay at the 108 complex eat outside , as there mostly students and on a low budget. :eek:

Well not sure about the rats and flies bit Ray !
Ok the 108 Thai restaraunt caters for students and yes low budget meals chicken on rice 30B Tomyam soups 70/80B and so on , also they have a good choice of beers and cooled drinks / coffe and shakes .
Lets get this straight there are no rats !
of course there will be the odd flying insect as anywhere outdoor .

Not sure why you are being so negative about this new small Thai venture !

It's just a farangs wife and her mother having a go at something nice .

There was a great turn out last night at the party thanks David for the music and thanks to Pat,s and his wife and daughter for the food .
Thanks also for all that turned up it was great to see you all here are a few pics ,have a nice Sunday all ,hope your not to hungover ThumbUp6
a3a7u9u9.jpg

yrymutuh.jpg
adebama4.jpg
5ubamedy.jpg
a2emy5yp.jpg
u2ege5aq.jpg
a9ubera5.jpg
epypyde3.jpg
2yhe2aba.jpg
a9ypyhuj.jpg

Last edited:
Alan I'm not being negative about this restaurant , you have me wrong on that point I'm speaking about most of the other trillion Thai restaurants out there , I'll pop over to 108 in the week and give it a try. it looks a nice place.

i wish peter and his wife all the best in there new venture .:wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back