New restaurant out at 108 coming?

Alan I'm not being negative about this restaurant , you have me wrong on that point I'm speaking about most of the other trillion Thai restaurants out there , I'll pop over to 108 in the week and give it a try. it looks a nice place.

i wish peter and his wife all the best in there new venture .:wink:

I think Sangka is right about the vast majority of traditional Thai kitchens and noodle bars etc. Invariably, the rationale for "value" has been buy the cheapest ingredients and sell at the lowest price. Some of the food I have had at these places I wouldn't give to my dog (if I had one). I will also avoid eating at most service station buffets where the food has been since early morning and is often served cold. I am told that the Thais don't mind cold. I think the operators are just too lazy, or tight-fisted, to find a reliable method of serving hot food. Thankfully, the tide is turning and many new Thai restaurants are buying a better quality of product, cooking it properly and even presenting it well. If that means 5 or 10 Baht on the price then I am in - as are many Thais. A good example is on Prakhonchai lake where they have an old style 'BBQ' restaurant and newer restaurant - Ban Peet. Five years ago the BBQ place was heaving. I must admit I hate the so-called Thai BBQ method of cooking on an over-sized metal lemon squeezer - maybe good for families with young kids but the food quality is usually crap. Cheap, but crap. This place is now dead as a dodo and Ban Peet is usually pretty full most nights. Ban Peet offers a good selection of Thai foods plus international dishes - still very much a Thai place though. The owner buys good cuts of meat and they usually manage to cook it properly. They even have an air-con room for those who want it.

I think the 108 has a specific core market where price is a consideration for the students. If it can also offer a range of quality dishes there is no reason why it will not do very well.

Well not sure about the rats and flies bit Ray !
Ok the 108 Thai restaraunt caters for students and yes low budget meals chicken on rice 30B Tomyam soups 70/80B and so on , also they have a good choice of beers and cooled drinks / coffe and shakes .
Lets get this straight there are no rats !
of course there will be the odd flying insect as anywhere outdoor .

Not sure why you are being so negative about this new small Thai venture !

It's just a farangs wife and her mother having a go at something nice .

There was a great turn out last night at the party thanks David for the music and thanks to Pat,s and his wife and daughter for the food .
Thanks also for all that turned up it was great to see you all here are a few pics ,have a nice Sunday all ,hope your not to hungover ThumbUp6
a3a7u9u9.jpg

yrymutuh.jpg
adebama4.jpg
5ubamedy.jpg
a2emy5yp.jpg
u2ege5aq.jpg
a9ubera5.jpg
epypyde3.jpg
2yhe2aba.jpg
a9ypyhuj.jpg

A very nice evening was had by all. Good foods, good live music from David Thrasher, and loads of old friends and acquaintances attending. It was a fun night out. The best of luck to Patrick and his wife and all. I'll be by once in a while for a cold beer and some food.

Mike

Happy birthday Pattrie !

You don't look a day older to me !

Good luck to you & Mrs with your latest business venture !

Hope to C U soon. All love and best wishes !
Peace my friend.

Back