New uk pensions act 2014

UK PENSIONS ACT 2014

The single-tier state pension has now passed into law. (14th May 2014)

From April 2016, the flat-rate state pension will be set above the basic level of means-tested support, currently £148.40 per week

The new State Pension will be a regular payment from the government that you can claim if you reach State Pension age on or after 6 April 2016.

You’ll be able to get the new State Pension if you’re eligible and:

• a man born on or after 6 April 1951
  • a woman born on or after 6 April 1953
The new State Pension will replace the current State Pension scheme. You’ll get your State Pension under the current scheme if you reach State Pension age before 6 April 2016.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET

The full new State Pension will be no less than £148.40 per week. The actual amount will be set in autumn 2015.

Your National Insurance record is used to calculate your new State Pension. You will usually need to have 10 qualifying years on your National Insurance record to get any new State Pension.

The amount you get can be higher or lower depending on your National Insurance record. It will only be higher if you have over a certain amount of Additional State Pension.

BEREAVEMENT BENEFITS

The new Pensions Act provides for changes to be made to Bereavement Benefits. In future this will be known as “Bereavement Support Payment”

The Government has taken account of evidence provided in consultation responses about the high risk of people using the Bereavement Support Payment inappropriately if this is paid as a large lump sum. As a result, the Bereavement Support Payment will be paid in instalments, rather than as a single lump sum.

By not offering people a choice between payment by a single lump sum or ongoing payments, the Government is simplifying the benefit, and minimising the decisions that bereaved people need to make at this difficult time

It is anticipated payments will be made for a period of 12 months but the details of how instalments will be paid will be finalised in regulations.

The indicative amounts are:

Pay a lump sum in the region of £2,500 and further monthly instalments of £150 for a period of one year for recipients without dependent children; and a lump sum in the region of £5,000 and further monthly instalments of £400 for a period of one year for recipients with dependent children

Claimants will be entitled to receive the full payment as long as their late spouse or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions at 25 times the Lower Earnings Limit for any one year prior to their death
There are still no plans to extend eligibility for bereavement benefits to those who are not married or in a civil partnership

I believe that 35 years of contributions are required to obtain the full State Pension.

I believe that 35 years of contributions are required to obtain the full State Pension.

Not so Co-Co.

You will need 35 qualifying years to get the new full State Pension if you don’t have a National Insurance record before 6 April 2016.

For those of use here who are not yet in receipt of the state pension, 30 years contributions will suffice.

Not so Co-Co.

You will need 35 qualifying years to get the new full State Pension if you don’t have a National Insurance record before 6 April 2016.

For those of use here who are not yet in receipt of the state pension, 30 years contributions will suffice.

Hope your right as I've got 32>33 years under my belt.

What worries me more is the rumour of giving Expats a Zero Personal Tax Allowance. That would be as fair as freezing pensions for them!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

Hope your right as I've got 32>33 years under my belt.

What worries me more is the rumour of giving Expats a Zero Personal Tax Allowance. That would be as fair as freezing pensions for them!!!!!!!!!! OMG!

Why dwell on rumours.

The facts are that expat tax allowances are under 'consideration'.

At worst you will be GBP 167 worse off per month.

Not worth losing sleep over (or wasting time worrying over) - as Nick says, time will tell.

Not so Co-Co.

This is the first time I have seen that qualification in bold added.

That is a good sign because they are not disadvantaging people in the system who may already have made life-changing decisions based on already qualifying.

DWP obviously knew that when they told me last year not to buy any additional years until the law had been passed.

It arguably augers well for future government decisions ...........

Not so Co-Co.

I didn't see that information in the original post ?

It may be worth editing........

Thanks for the info, I need to sort out my National Insurance contributions, any idea how I arrange this from over here, Ive heard I can pay for a self employed stamp about 11GBP a month?

I didn't see that information in the original post ?

It may be worth editing........

It was not in the original post as having seen it stated I wanted to be certain before including it.

I will try and edit the original p[ost to include this information.

I have reissued the original post to include the fact that 30 years of national insurance contributions will likely suffice for most of us here.
UK PENSIONS ACT 2014

The single-tier state pension has now passed into law. (14th May 2014)

From April 2016, the flat-rate state pension will be set above the basic level of means-tested support, currently £148.40 per week

The new State Pension will be a regular payment from the government that you can claim if you reach State Pension age on or after 6 April 2016.

You’ll be able to get the new State Pension if you’re eligible and:

• a man born on or after 6 April 1951
  • a woman born on or after 6 April 1953
The new State Pension will replace the current State Pension scheme. You’ll get your State Pension under the current scheme if you reach State Pension age before 6 April 2016.

HOW MUCH CAN YOU GET

The full new State Pension will be no less than £148.40 per week. The actual amount will be set in autumn 2015.

Your National Insurance record is used to calculate your new State Pension. You will usually need to have 10 qualifying years on your National Insurance record to get any new State Pension.

You will need 35 qualifying years to get the new full State Pension if you don’t have a National Insurance record before 6 April 2016. Otherwise 30 contributions will suffice

The amount you get can be higher or lower depending on your National Insurance record. It will only be higher if you have over a certain amount of Additional State Pension.

BEREAVEMENT BENEFITS

The new Pensions Act provides for changes to be made to Bereavement Benefits. In future this will be known as “Bereavement Support Payment”

The Government has taken account of evidence provided in consultation responses about the high risk of people using the Bereavement Support Payment inappropriately if this is paid as a large lump sum. As a result, the Bereavement Support Payment will be paid in instalments, rather than as a single lump sum.

By not offering people a choice between payment by a single lump sum or ongoing payments, the Government is simplifying the benefit, and minimising the decisions that bereaved people need to make at this difficult time

It is anticipated payments will be made for a period of 12 months but the details of how instalments will be paid will be finalised in regulations.

The indicative amounts are:

Pay a lump sum in the region of £2,500 and further monthly instalments of £150 for a period of one year for recipients without dependent children; and a lump sum in the region of £5,000 and further monthly instalments of £400 for a period of one year for recipients with dependent children

Claimants will be entitled to receive the full payment as long as their late spouse or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions at 25 times the Lower Earnings Limit for any one year prior to their death
There are still no plans to extend eligibility for bereavement benefits to those who are not married or in a civil partnership

Thanks for the info, I need to sort out my National Insurance contributions, any idea how I arrange this from over here, Ive heard I can pay for a self employed stamp about 11GBP a month?

I think you have the choice of paying Class 2 or Class 3 contributions

Fantastic News from Britain’s Social Security
concerning Pensions and Benefits

نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره
ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت
نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماسايه
ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماپيدا

نيست نقش
If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.

Fantastic News from Britain’s Social Security
concerning Pensions and Benefits

نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره
ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت
نور اگر رفت سايه پيدا نيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه. ر رفت ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماسايه
ديوار و چشم خيره ما نقش سايه دگر نمي دان نور اگر رفت سايه پيدانيست نقش ديوار و چشم خيره ماپيدا

نيست نقش
If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.

... and you were criticising people for going Offtopic2. :smile:

Back