No Water in Koplaat

Yorky

Fullritis Member
A load hailer pick-up has just passed my house informing the residents that the mains water will be cut off on 1st and 2nd June 2018 (Friday and Saturday). I do not know the extent of the inconvenience.

A load hailer pick-up has just passed my house informing the residents that the mains water will be cut off on 1st and 2nd June 2018 (Friday and Saturday). I do not know the extent of the inconvenience.
None for me!

(Sorry Y)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man the barriers - is Ivor is now living in Kokpalat? Or did he mean there was no inconvenience for him?

FYI - we do not get any messages on this side of the village. We could be living on the moon as far as the Obator is concerned.

Man the barriers - is Ivor is now living in Kokpalat? Or did he mean there was no inconvenience for him?

FYI - we do not get any messages on this side of the village. We could be living on the moon as far as the Obator is concerned.

I appreciate that like me, you have a couple of days stored supply (which could be more if precautions are taken), but I would check that your tank is filling tomorrow just in case.

Fortunately, we have a 2,100 litre tank that is good for 5 - 7 days (without watering the garden). A few years back I did a D.I.Y. mod and fitted a float gauge to provide a visual check of the water level. Its a sealed blue pipe inside another larger open blue pipe. The smaller, sealed pipe is the float and the larger pipe the guide. It's mounted to the tank with Araldite. When the blue pipe stands tall I have a full tank. When the pipe drops out of sight the water level has fallen by at least a meter (approx half the tank). Simple and effective for a quick visual check.

20180531_143221.jpg 20180531_143202.jpg

According to the Waterwork's letter, the water will go OFF at 10.00am on June 2nd...

34050216_10212509537389676_4561514254879948800_n.jpg

According to the Waterwork's letter, the water will go OFF at 10.00am on June 2nd...

34050216_10212509537389676_4561514254879948800_n.jpg

You must live in the posh part of town, you got a letter. Yorky got a loud hailer in a pickup, we got not no warning at all.

Reading that notice is like a Royal Proclamation It is so clear and detailed. Only one thing @Merlin, Does the person who read the notice for you, wear glasses? Were they wearing them? The Time states 10 PM to 2 AM. Bye the way they say they are working on the 900 mm main water pipe for Surin.

Apparently either the load hailer pick-up or my wife got it wrong yesterday. The Fat Lady has confirmed 02:06:18 but no definitive times.

Back