one year visa

4kuds

a non immigrant o. one year, multiple entrance visa, is, as I heard in fact good for 15 months stay.
does this also apply for a one year retirement visa?
Anybody can clarify this for me?

thanks

Retirment visa as you say is only for 12 months and if done inside Thailand is actualy an extension to stay and not a visa. With this extension to stay based on retirment you must have 800,000 baht in the bank or show you have 65,000 baht permonth income. Every 90 days you report to immigration or if you live in the Surin as most the old farts do they report to the Chong Chom border crossing. An O visa multi based on marriage can be obtained at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet Lao. (NOT I repeat NOT Vientaine Lao). You need marriage certificat and a copy, a copy of the K2, thats the book you signed at the amphur, copy of house book ,copy of her ID, your passport and a photo. Cost is 5,000 baht. this kind of visa if you do it correct can give you 15 months but you most do a border hop every 90 days, leave the country, Cambodia charges 1000 baht for their visa at the Chong Chom border crossing. An O visa on based on marriage at Savannakhet requires no proof of any money as the extention to stay in Thailand requires you to have either 400,000 baht in the bank or 40,000 baht income per month. This same O visa based on marriage can also be gotten at the Thai embassy in KL but you need to show them 100,000 baht and they charge 5500 baht for the visa.

What country do you come from. Visa rules do differ slightly and, in the case of the UK, change from time time.

To confirm - you can indeed get 15 months out of a 12 month visa if you return to Thailand on, or just before, the final date for entry.

If you obtain the Retirement Visa in your home country, it can be good for up to 2 years and includes multiple entry for the life of the visa (the first year). If you come back into Thailand near the end of the first year while the Visa is valid, you are still given a full year from that date. This does not apply when obtaining the Retirement Visa in Thailand and you must apply for a Re-entry Visa BEFORE leaving Thailand if you intend to come back during that year. For me (Australian) it is still cheaper and simpler to apply in Thailand. Either way, you report to an immigration office every 3 months, at no additional cost, as a police (not immigration) requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be surprised if Brits are excluded.

Bill, I will stand corrected but, I don't think there is such a thing as a retirement visa from the UK. You can only get a 12 month visa based on :-

[FONT=&quot]Category “O”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Married to a Thai national[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting family working/living in Thailand[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Volunteer work[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting Thailand as Pensioner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Non-Immigrant Visas are available with single entry (validity 3 months) or with multiple entries (validity 12 months. Each entry allows stay of maximum 90 days. All entries must be made within validity of the visa. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]On first arrival you are granted a 90-day stay and receive stamp in your passport giving the date you enter (ADMITTED) and the date by which you must exit (UNTIL). With multiple entry visa it is necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Border Control Office before your 90-day stay expires, exit Thailand in to a neighbouring country and re-enter to activate your next 90-day stay. [/FONT]

Bill, I will stand corrected but, I don't think there is such a thing as a retirement visa from the UK. You can only get a 12 month visa based on :-

[FONT=&quot]Category “O”[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Married to a Thai national[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting family working/living in Thailand[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Volunteer work[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting Thailand as Pensioner[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] or[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Visiting Thailand as retired person aged 50 years and over[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Non-Immigrant Visas are available with single entry (validity 3 months) or with multiple entries (validity 12 months. Each entry allows stay of maximum 90 days. All entries must be made within validity of the visa. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]On first arrival you are granted a 90-day stay and receive stamp in your passport giving the date you enter (ADMITTED) and the date by which you must exit (UNTIL). With multiple entry visa it is necessary to visit a Thai Immigration Border Control Office before your 90-day stay expires, exit Thailand in to a neighbouring country and re-enter to activate your next 90-day stay. [/FONT]

The last one you listed - that's it. Commonly known as a Retirement Visa.

After a search OA visa is available from the Thai Embassy in London, not Hull.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/501274-non-immigrant-o-a-visa-in-uk/

I am not saying you are wrong GL, but practically, because LONDON is an Embassy it is more difficult to get a visa from. Hull Consolate is recognized as the most helpful with a very good website too. When I lived in UK, I was a bus ride away from the embassy but chose to use HULL. They are very efficient and your passport duly stamped will be returned within the same week!

Last edited by a moderator:
According to this thread on TV Hull will not issue an OA visa only London. This thread is current. I do know that TV is spot on with their advice on visas.

Last edited:
Back