P2P Extension of Visa...An Inquiry ?

Coffee

You chose a custom title
From personal experience - have you ever shown up at Immigration with less than the required amount properly seasoned ?

For example will Immigration "play ball" charging you a fee to properly stamp an Extension of your visa for another year ?

How much is that fee for an extension if a visa is based on retirement...based on marriage ?

(And is this something that must be arranged with Immigration months in advance of ones extension expiration date ?)

Just inquiring in advance of arranging some USD investments.

From personal experience - have you ever shown up at Immigration with less than the required amount properly seasoned ?

For example will Immigration "play ball" charging you a fee to properly stamp an Extension of your visa for another year ?

How much is that fee for an extension if a visa is based on retirement...based on marriage ?

I have no personal experience but the "fee" seems to vary depending upon which Immigration office your application is made. As @gotlost says Surin Immigration probably charge ฿20,000.00 whereas there are offices elsewhere which appear to charge any amount between ฿14,000.00 and ฿25,000.00.

I have no personal experience but the "fee" seems to vary depending upon which Immigration office your application is made. As @gotlost says Surin Immigration probably charge ฿20,000.00 whereas there are offices elsewhere which appear to charge any amount between ฿14,000.00 and ฿25,000.00.
Not in this area. ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;;

The @Coffee question needs to be more specific….he lives in the Surin area and must deal with Surin province Immigration.

I seriously doubt that any fine upstanding men on this forum would up bowl up to Immigration with less than the required Lucre. Therefore, we have to speculate as to what might happen.

I suggest that the response could range from “Fork off” to “That will cost you 20,000 Baht”.

Short answer is ‘don’t do it’……beg/borrow from family or friends to ensure necessary compliance.

A neighbouring Immigration office was offering retirement extensions for 18,000 Baht a few years back.

Multiple agencies in Pattaya offer the service. 18,000 Baht without financial compliance is the going rate. Just hope that you don’t need to buy a vehicle or renew your your driving licence as obtaining a certificate of residence becomes more challenging.

Just based on simple 6-month and 1-year CD rates >$30,000 can currently go alot further than tied up flatlined in a Thai bank...even after applying a 25% tax rate.

Thus my inquiry.

Just based on simple 6-month and 1-year CD rates >$30,000 can currently go alot further than tied up flatlined in a Thai bank...even after applying a 25% tax rate.

Thus my inquiry.

As far as I am aware, obtaining an extension of stay by the "payment under the counter method" is illegal.

But, of course, it's up to you.

Thus my inquiry.

@Coffee …it’s only money…………life is more important- and an easy life (not being indebted to Immigration) is even more importanter…..

(And is this something that must be arranged with Immigration months in advance of ones extension expiration date ?)

Just inquiring in advance of arranging some USD investments.
I'm in a similar position to Coffee's scenario. I am considering going to Immigration and trying to sort out my mess of an extension or starting from scratch by getting a new Visa at Savannakhet. My situation is not complying with the financial requirements after getting my extension.

I'm in a similar position to Coffee's scenario. I am considering going to Immigration and trying to sort out my mess of an extension or starting from scratch by getting a new Visa at Savannakhet. My situation is not complying with the financial requirements after getting my extension.
Please be aware that Sava is swamped with Russian guys wanting a years visa. My mate was there 2 days ago and there was about 80 in the only queue.

Ubon Ratchathani Immigration Launches Crackdown on Overstaying Foreigners​

Rate this topic

webfact
By webfact,
3 minutes ago in Isaan News Forum
Follow0
ADVERTISEMENT

webfact

• Admin
  • webfact
  • Admin
  • 365091 posts
Posted 3 minutes ago
736546.jpg

UBON RATCHATHANI - Pol. Lt. Col. Chatchai Samniam, the Provincial Immigration Commander of Ubon Ratchathani, issued an order for the officers of Ubon Ratchathani Immigration to launch an operation to apprehend overstaying foreign nationals and to conduct a crackdown on illegal activities.

This operation will take place from June 7 to June 21, 2023, with the purpose of sweeping and apprehending foreigners who have exceeded their authorized stay (known as "overstay") and preventing them from evading capture and entering the city, reported Siam Rath.

As part of this operation, officials from Ubon Ratchathani Immigration will diligently search for and detain foreign residents who have exceeded their authorized stay duration, commonly referred to as "overstayers." The aim is to prevent these individuals from evading capture and entering the city during the operation, which focuses on combating criminal activities.

Acting upon the directive, Pol. Col. Turiyan Patangthato and team carried out their duties in the Samrong sub-district of Ubon Ratchathani province.

S__56811548.jpg
Picture: Siam Rath

There, they encountered a 44-year-old foreign national whose travel documents revealed that they had overstayed their permitted duration in the country for 122 days.

Consequently, the individual was taken into custody, and legal proceedings will be initiated in accordance with the Immigration Act of 2522 to facilitate their repatriation to their country of origin.

The operation demonstrates the commitment of Ubon Ratchathani immigration officials to upholding immigration regulations and ensuring the integrity of the immigration system.

By targeting individuals who have overstayed their authorized period, the authorities aim to safeguard the security and well-being of both the local residents and the foreign community residing in the province.

It is crucial for all foreign residents in Ubon Ratchathani, as well as throughout Thailand, to comply with immigration laws and adhere to the terms of their authorized stay.

Failure to do so can have serious consequences, including legal actions, fines, and potential deportation.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

Back