ADVERTISEMENT

webfact

• Admin
  • webfact
  • Admin
  • 365091 posts
Posted 3 minutes ago
736546.jpg

UBON RATCHATHANI - Pol. Lt. Col. Chatchai Samniam, the Provincial Immigration Commander of Ubon Ratchathani, issued an order for the officers of Ubon Ratchathani Immigration to launch an operation to apprehend overstaying foreign nationals and to conduct a crackdown on illegal activities.

This operation will take place from June 7 to June 21, 2023, with the purpose of sweeping and apprehending foreigners who have exceeded their authorized stay (known as "overstay") and preventing them from evading capture and entering the city, reported Siam Rath.

As part of this operation, officials from Ubon Ratchathani Immigration will diligently search for and detain foreign residents who have exceeded their authorized stay duration, commonly referred to as "overstayers." The aim is to prevent these individuals from evading capture and entering the city during the operation, which focuses on combating criminal activities.

Acting upon the directive, Pol. Col. Turiyan Patangthato and team carried out their duties in the Samrong sub-district of Ubon Ratchathani province.

S__56811548.jpg
Picture: Siam Rath

There, they encountered a 44-year-old foreign national whose travel documents revealed that they had overstayed their permitted duration in the country for 122 days.

Consequently, the individual was taken into custody, and legal proceedings will be initiated in accordance with the Immigration Act of 2522 to facilitate their repatriation to their country of origin.

The operation demonstrates the commitment of Ubon Ratchathani immigration officials to upholding immigration regulations and ensuring the integrity of the immigration system.

By targeting individuals who have overstayed their authorized period, the authorities aim to safeguard the security and well-being of both the local residents and the foreign community residing in the province.

It is crucial for all foreign residents in Ubon Ratchathani, as well as throughout Thailand, to comply with immigration laws and adhere to the terms of their authorized stay.

Failure to do so can have serious consequences, including legal actions, fines, and potential deportation.

Top Picture: Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg
FMS, doing their jobs for once---won't last long :p :p :p :p

Just based on simple 6-month and 1-year CD rates >$30,000 can currently go alot further than tied up flatlined in a Thai bank...even after applying a 25% tax rate.

Thus my inquiry.

Hence five months later a question regarding switching off a visa in Thailand based on Retirement into one based on Marriage.

How does one REALLY PROVE to the satisfaction of Immigration that they are currently Single...particularly if one has never been married ?
What document will/(can) an Embassy provide ?

Hence five months later a question regarding switching off a visa in Thailand based on Retirement into one based on Marriage.

How does one REALLY PROVE to the satisfaction of Immigration that they are currently Single...particularly if one has never been married ?
What document will/(can) an Embassy provide ?

Why do you have to prove that you are single for immigration?

If you intend to marry in Thailand and if you have been married before in Thailand and then divorced you should have the paper(s) to prove that. If you have been married overseas and then divorced you will need "affirmation of freedom to marry" from your embassy. The latter likewise if you have never been married but I'm not sure how you prove that to the satisfaction of the embassy.

Last edited:
Supposedly in order to make a visa based on marriage at Immi-Surin.

But if you're single you cannot obtain an extension based on being married?

And you don't need to be single to obtain an extension based upon retirement.

And I don't believe that you can "make a visa" at Surin Immigration.

Last edited:
Somewhat off topic, but continuing with the flow.

I was asked to help a widow 2 years ago. Married in Thailand to a Brit for 10 years. Husband had no pension or assets outside Thailand but a sizeable amount in a Thai bank. His UK family would have nothing to do with the widow.

I obtained a copy of the death cert from the UK registration people, only to discover that he died leaving a wife in the UK. Checked divorce records, and nothing found.. Asked Bangkok embassy for copy of Affirmation document, but no have. Only keep for 5 years. Eventually found out he had submitted an Affirmation document stating "never previously married". Accepted without problem by the Embassy.

Widow had to be told marriage was null and void, with no access to his Thai assets.

Widow went berserk. Never saw nor heard from her again .

But if you're single you cannot obtain an extension based on being married?

And you don't need to be single to obtain an extension based upon retirement.

And I don't believe that you can "make a visa" at Surin Immigration.

1) Correct. One must first get married officially with proper documentation/ 'paperwork' from the Ampur prior to applying for a visa based on marriage.

2) Correct.

3) Correct again. "Apply for a [new] visa" based on...

3) Correct again. "Apply for a [new] visa" based on...

I don't believe that you can do that either (officially)

There are processes, I am given to understand, where it is permitted to convert short term visas (or visa exempt stamps) into longer term visas within Thailand but the criteria for that I do not know.

Back