People being Deported

wildoates

Surin Legend
They guys in Pattaya was telling me that over 200 Tourist were deported for driving while Drunk, someone they knew called them, needing 30K baht, or they would be deported, they said they watched as the Farang was led in a court room and turned over to Imm. for Deportation. There is one that was picked up for being just a "little drunk" that it is pending on if he will be Deported also..... so beware.....

Thanks for that info Mike also heard a few people have been picked up in Pattaya for overstaying visas from hotel rooms where they are staying, working without work permits is also high on the ajenda apparently they have yet another new chief of Police.

I wonder if they want any recommendations???? Chokdee5

Thanks for the 'heads up'

You break the law, you can expect to get shipped out. Seems fair enough.

They guys in Pattaya was telling me that over 200 Tourist were deported for driving while Drunk, someone they knew called them, needing 30K baht, or they would be deported, they said they watched as the Farang was led in a court room and turned over to Imm. for Deportation. There is one that was picked up for being just a "little drunk" that it is pending on if he will be Deported also..... so beware.....

This sounds like a story which has grown in the telling. The truth, more than likely, is that they were picked up drunk (if genuinely tourists, they were unlikely to be driving), their visas found to be out-of-date, so they were handed over to immigration. They may well have been asked for cash to avoid it.

Frankly, anyone who doesn't keep his papers in order in this country(as far as he is able to do so) is a fool, and deserves to be chucked out.

Story or not, they got the call from 2 fellow countrymen to bring the money, and they watched as the farang in chains were marched to the stand in front of the Judge, they heard the judges say, turn over to Imm. for deportation. I got it straight from the mouths of the two that took the money there. Many tourist in Pattaya rent scooters and motorbikes....

They say that ToT is going nuts, spending money to get people here and the police throwing them out......

Is anybody else as confused as I am right now?:confused:

Im assuming that a friend etc is going to pay the BIB 30k tea money, expecting the release of said mates, instead though they are being deported anyway?? Is that right?

Last edited by a moderator:
just another nail in the coffin that is the thai tourest industry

Thanks for that info Mike also heard a few people have been picked up in Pattaya for overstaying visas from hotel rooms where they are staying, working without work permits is also high on the ajenda apparently they have yet another new chief of Police.

Yes, heard of a farang bar owner who was deported for working without a work permit. He was standing in front of "his" bar shaking hands with customers as they arrived or walked past. Serious stuff!

Is anybody else as confused as I am right now?:confused:

Im assuming that a friend etc is going to pay the BIB 30k tea money, expecting the release of said mates, instead though they are being deported anyway?? Is that right?

Yes, why pay the money if he's going to be deported anyway?

But there's another thing I doubt:- would the BIB or the judge accept a bribe in front of two farang witnesses? They could so easily be awkward types who'd sell the story to the gutter press in their home country, "Thai judge accepts bribes" Our Exclusive Story etc. This could be very awkward for the judge if the relevant embassy then made an issue of it.

And please, Wildoates, I'm not doubting you; I'm questioning your sources.

no, for 30K fine they were released, the ones that did not come up with the 30K were deported....not bribe money,

Sounds like alot of second drivel to me he said,he heard, this happened blah blah blah.... Thailands' police force is the best money can buy ....Bow5

Back