Pizza Restaurant New Opening 50% Discount

another Friday afternoon (7 days after opening)

Following up on last Fridays bargain, today I ordered a pizza and my lady ordered the lasagna (as she has never had a lasagna).

I wound up eating her lasagna (as I could tell from her face that it wasn't what she expected) with a couple of slices and she wound up eating the balance of the pizza which she enjoyed without ketchup (so she's slowly learning). ThumbUp6
When I inquired as to whether she liked the lasagna she replied that she likes the pizza or calzone more. The lasagna was a learning experience that she didn't particularly gravitate to. Now I know for the future.

The pizza was ready in ten minutes as the Chef wasn't inundated with orders.
Very delicious thin crust pizza with prosciutto and hot salami topping.

The setting seemed a lot more relaxed this afternoon.
I did take notice the same as AtB that Tam Tam carries a fairly decent take-out pizza business.
As with all things - time will tell.

That answer would be and remains at zero.

R U talking out of your rear again ? shrug1
Why should I purchase curries if I don't eat curries on a monthly basis.

(Every so often if I saw it on a menu at a restaurant I would give it a try so possibly you have received indirect business from me.)

I will go to an Indian restaurant for the delicious breads, oven-backed chicken /fish and rice dishes.

Just about very time I've had a curry , masala or paneer I've experienced an unpleasant , urgent gastro-event a short time afterwards. In Thailand that can be a very inopportune event as well as an embarrassing one.
The last time (at least four months ago) I had a chicken vindaloo (which was very tasty ) I was on the throne within an hour Moon2...so I just don't push my luck.
I do like the taste but maybe it's the coriander, garam masala or cream , I don't know.

Any more questions (as I'm expected by you to write that)...Bump1

Coffee, Maybe try this from Rick? //flag

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Starters & Side Dishes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]1)[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] Butter Naan[/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif] / [/FONT][FONT=Georgia,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Garlic & Coriander Naan[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Home made naans that are so close to the tandoori oven BIR style that it is impossible to tell the difference. Our naans are painstakingly prepared to give you the best possible taste, in texture and flavor, making them a perfect accompaniment for any curry.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,serif] [/FONT][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Price[/FONT]:[FONT=Georgia,serif]45 baht (large)[/FONT]​
[FONT=Georgia,serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,serif][FONT=Georgia,serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,serif]
[/FONT]

3) [FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Pilau Rice[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Made with authentic basmati rice & herbs
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia,serif][FONT=Arial,sans-serif]Price[/FONT]: [/FONT]40 baht

I believe it might amply fit your style

I can’t wait for this bar room banter section to be added, I would possibly get a seat belt for that chair you sit at for 12 hours a day. EvilLaugh1

Best to set me up with one of your curries and see if I get a blow-backMoon2...
not sure the if seat-belt is going to help T.I.C.

Following up on last Fridays bargain, today I ordered a pizza and my lady ordered the lasagna (as she has never had a lasagna).

I wound up eating her lasagna (as I could tell from her face that it wasn't what she expected) with a couple of slices and she wound up eating the balance of the pizza which she enjoyed without ketchup (so she's slowly learning). ThumbUp6
When I inquired as to whether she liked the lasagna she replied that she likes the pizza or calzone more. The lasagna was a learning experience that she didn't particularly gravitate to. Now I know for the future.

The pizza was ready in ten minutes as the Chef wasn't inundated with orders.
Very delicious thin crust pizza with prosciutto and hot salami topping.

The setting seemed a lot more relaxed this afternoon.
I did take notice the same as AtB that Tam Tam carries a fairly decent take-out pizza business.
As with all things - time will tell.

55555 Its like reading the comments on piratebay reading yoursCrazy1

Just give us the

A
V

On the lasagne? i.e. was it good, would you personally recommend it?Jump_Drool

You can eat one at Starbeams he has, korma, Madras & Vindaloo, I fear you would try to eat it frozen in the bag if I sold you one.buttshake

I'd suggest the Korma if his tummy is that sensitive. ShitHappens1buttshakednftt
Plenty of toilet paper in our hong nam. ThumbUp6

(Actually maybe it WOULD be better if he ate it frozen? 5555555)

on the lasagna

55555 Its like reading the comments on piratebay reading yoursCrazy1

Just give us the

A
V

On the lasagne? i.e. was it good, would you personally recommend it?Jump_Drool

The lasagna was very tasty to my palate but was not something I had planned on eating prior. I would recommend it.

Keep in mind that I am the type of guy that would place a piping hot lasagna on a soft baguette and eat it as a lasagna sandwich Think1

I personally enjoyed the pizza as that is what I came prepared for.

The lasagna was very tasty to my palate but was not something I had planned on eating prior. I would recommend it.

Keep in mind that I am the type of guy that would place a piping hot lasagna on a soft baguette and eat it as a lasagna sandwich Think1

I personally enjoyed the pizza as that is what I came prepared for.
[FONT=&quot]

From your recommendation I will now try the lasagne Jump_Drool

With a garlic bread with cheese[/FONT]

I met up with my Swiss brother in law today and we went for a pizza lunch at Tam Tam.

BIL has an Italian father, German mother and lived in the Italian part of Switzerland for years before moving more recently to Zurich.

He confirmed that the Tam Tam pizza is excellent and totally authentic. He was also able to chat away in Italian with the owner/chef and his wife. I was under the impression from something earlier on this thread that the owner was Belgian. No!...he is 100% Italian and had a restaurant near Venice before coming to Thailand.

We had a very good and convivial lunch. A couple of Thai family groups were there too, which bodes well for Tam Tam's longer term success.

[FONT=&quot]The simple fact about Tam Tam is you can’t get a nicer pizza in surin, he specializes in it! Norbies & Starbeams do nice pizza to, but they both have a more varied selection of foods to eat so they cater to a different audience which is great as they all complement each other, I must also mention Coffee Corner that makes fantastic different cuisine & is a very comfortable restaurant with the best Ice teas anyware, Happy New Year to you all & may you prosper[/FONT]

He confirmed that the Tam Tam pizza is excellent and totally authentic. He was also able to chat away in Italian with the owner/chef and his wife. I was under the impression from something earlier on this thread that the owner was Belgian. No!...he is 100% Italian and had a restaurant near Venice before coming to Thailand.

The only thing that will be Belgian about Tam Tam is when Croc or Belgium John enthusiastically tuck into a pizza or two and announce their affirmations after a few brews. Hug1

Best Pizza

Sorry to all other restaurants which offer pizza:

this pizza from TAM TAM ist the best I eat in all my years i Surin.

T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.T.I.C.

Timing is everything...just like the Living Room's opening after Starbeam "Mak" closed.

Brendan's pizza was lovely but unfortunately very few can enjoy a 'Living Room' pie nor the abundance of delicious dishes since the closing of his establishment.
Time marches on...with or without all of us.

Note: Tam Tam will only survive if it has Thai customers. It will not be successful if it only caters to farangs. I personally have noticed that Tam Tam does a brisk 'take-away' business - all Thai.
I believe it's what the Thais enjoy that must dictate that owner's business decision though I find Tam Tam's pies to be delicious particularly with excellent toppings. (IMO)

ps: I was there one night when I was politely informed that they had run out of the Hot Salami (gracious me ! - I wonder why) so I went with the prosciutto - delicious never-the-less. (IMO)

CLOSED on Mondays

Like other establishments that cater to western fare ...Tam tam is closed on Mondays.

Back