Prasat 40km Speed Limit

CO-CO

Rather wrinkly & occasionally cantankerous member

AhFarangJa

• Apprentice Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 5288 posts
Posted 2 hours ago
Just a heads up for anyone near, or driving through Prasart town. There are signs up at both ends with a 40km speed limit. They now have cameras. Just had a ticket for 500 baht from end July. Went to the post office this morning, and he showed me a pile of tickets that had to be at least 8 inches deep. He said no worry, not just you, all these to pay this week.....
:w00t:

I found one camera near the school, but apparently there are two more hiding somewhere. So, when driving from the lights at Tesco until after the police station stick to 40.

AhFarangJa

• Apprentice Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 5288 posts
Posted 2 hours ago
Just a heads up for anyone near, or driving through Prasart town. There are signs up at both ends with a 40km speed limit. They now have cameras. Just had a ticket for 500 baht from end July. Went to the post office this morning, and he showed me a pile of tickets that had to be at least 8 inches deep. He said no worry, not just you, all these to pay this week.....

I found one camera near the school, but apparently there are two more hiding somewhere. So, when driving from the lights at Tesco until after the police station stick to 40.

40 km/hr is 25 mph, the same as Wales.

Coincidence?

AhFarangJa

• Apprentice Member
  • Advanced Member
  • 5288 posts
Posted 2 hours ago

They also almost every morning have the cop blocks checking every car going into Prasat from Surin. Their mia nois seem to be quite demanding. :)

Back