Re-entry permits at Suvanabhumi Airport

Bear

Surin Legend
I just returned from a trip overseas and can report that the ability to obtain a re-entry permit is, indeed, working at the Suvanabhumi Airport.

If you have an annual visa and no re-entry permit and plan to depart from Bangkok by air, it is very simple to obtain one at the airport. The re-entry permit desk is just as you enter International Immigration. All you need to do is the following;

1. Hand them your completed request for re-entry permit, either single or multiple. (Fillable form can be downloaded from the Thai Immigration website)
2. Have a signed copy of the photo page of your passport
3. Have a signed copy of your annual visa

That's it. If you get the single entry, just pay your THB 1,000. If you want multiple entry, it is more (THB 3,700-I think?)

Took me about 5 minutes, only.

Thanks Bear.

Below is the link I think you are refering to with regards to the Re-enty permit.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/tm8.doc

Im a little confused though mate, are you suggesting that you can renew a Multi entry visa at Suvanabhumi just prior to departure?

Mines expired this week, im wondering if i can renew it when I land at the airport, and thereafter go to the immigration desk...

Hi Lukey,
If your 1 year visa is expiring, you cannot renew the annual visa at the airport. Your multiple re-entry is good for the life of your annual visa. Unfortunately, you will have to go to immigration to renew your annual visa. Cheers and welcome home, soon.

Back