Retirement Extension in Surin

Was that extra form they gave you @Bandersnatch , actually a brown envelope? That you mistook for a form? :p:p:p:p:p:p

never saw the form so can’t comment on it.

They did ask for a tip for the work experience girl for completing my forms for me. My forms were all completed perfectly ahead of time, but I gave her a tip anyway[/QUOTE]

New kid on the block I expect. That's you I am talking about. The practice of tipping at SI ceased when their star attraction left a few years ago. GL knows who I am talking about, I'm sure. Neither my wife nor myself have been asked for a tip for over 5 years now. In fact, there is usually a well displayed saying "no tips".

The work experience girl was certainly the hardest working in the office today, completing forms for everyone who came in, everyone that is, except me. I gave the hundred baht tip to her directly, not to the Police Captain who suggested the tip. She looked pretty embarrassed.

The work experience girl was certainly the hardest working in the office today, completing forms for everyone who came in, everyone that is, except me. I gave the hundred baht tip to her directly, not to the Police Captain who suggested the tip. She looked pretty embarrassed.

For whatever I am attending SI I like to have all the forms completed beforehand (downloaded from the internet). However, there are a few forms that crop up now and again which are written in Thai and the IOs request that your partner/spouse complete. I have no idea if they are required to be completed should you not have a partner/spouse.

I had completed copies of the following
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/documents/TM7.pdf
http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/download/documents/TM8.pdf

In addition there was also the STM. 2 Form - Acknowledgement of Terms and Conditions for Permit of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom of Thailand - but I wouldn't really call it a form, more read and sign

Is that the form that requires you to confirm that you understand the law and that you may be jailed if you break the law? What a load of unmitigating bollocks!

@Bandersnatch, did you furnish a map of where you live to facilitate a house visit at a later date? Conversely, are they are no longer doing house visits?

They visited me after my extension last October, they didn't ask for a map, they phoned the gf one day and said they were parked by Robinson and could we drive there and lead them back to Pong Thai Village, on arrival at the village they announced that they in fact had been to Pong Thai a few times already.

They quizzed the village manager about me to find out if I was a trouble maker, then asked if I wanted to join them for lunch, to which my gf replied that I was a vegetarian and didn't eat restaurant food. So I didn't have to buy them all lunch.

Possibly two or so years ago they had a large box for contributions on behalf of an animal shelter or such in the lobby.
That's where I put my gratuity.

I did give the captain a tip. "Miss Flo-Joe in the 8th race at Pimlico..."

Back