"Retirement" Non-O Visa 90-day address reporting information

C

Coffee

Just some additional information for those who have a "Retirement" Non-O Visa (NOT a tourist, spouse or work visa) and must file a 90-day address 'report' at an Immigration Office: "If a foreigner staying in the Kingdom over 90 days without notifying the Immigration Bureau later than the set period {90 days}, a fine will be collected."
You can always report earlier than the date stamped, but not later.

Meaning = do not go to do your 90-day address 'report' later than the date stamped on your previous 90-day address 'report'...and of course - do not lose that paperwork (usually stapled by Immigration inside your passport).
*Do not confuse said 90-day 'report' with your Entry/Exit hard-copy card you obtained while entering Thailand by land , sea or air.

You will find that there is a "window" of +/- 5 or 7 days

I "think" it is 7 days early.....and 5 days late....but not 100% certain

90 day check-in for me on Monday at Jomtien. Will get there on the exact day, but thanks for the above info. Might need to know that at another time.

90 day check-in for me on Monday at Jomtien. Will get there on the exact day, but thanks for the above info. Might need to know that at another time.
Good move. Like all offices in Thailand, the rules can be adapted by officials to suit their needs. I was once 10 days late at KC and they didn't even fine me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good move. Like all offices in Thailand, the rules can be adapted by officials to suit their needs. I was once 10 days late at KC and they didn't even fine me!!!!!!!!!!!!

One time while I was at Jomtien, there was some concern over a guy who was 5 months late. He couldn't speak English and had been unaware that he had to check in after 90 days until told by a friend. Think he was OK too! Big Barry sorted it out.

Last visa, I never ever made it to check in. Went to Cambodia, Australia, Laos and Cambodia again, always before 90 days had passed.

Just for your information (and my recent experience) it appears that when you report, you are required to report again 90 days from your reporting date, not the date you were due to report (I think this has been the case for years in Pattaya/Jomtien).

i noticed your attachment information is from year 2004...
maybe on your next trip to Kap Choeng test the waters by reporting 7 days late and let this forum know how it goes for you.
maybe in year 2013 Immigration is addressing the rule differently.

i actually reported one week early earlier on 6 February when i was supposed to report no later 13 February.
Immigration stamped "report 6 May 2013" on my stapled 'next notification' paperwork...essentially I lost 7 days.
when i distinctly inquired if i could report 13 May I was told "do not report later than 6 May" and was handed a copy of Section 37 (5) of Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 with 'penalty notification'.

i noticed your attachment information is from year 2004...
maybe on your next trip to Kap Choeng test the waters by reporting 7 days late and let this forum know how it goes for you.
maybe in year 2013 Immigration is addressing the rule differently.

i actually reported one week early earlier on 6 February when i was supposed to report no later 13 February.
Immigration stamped "report 6 May 2013" on my stapled 'next notification' paperwork...essentially I lost 7 days.
when i distinctly inquired if i could report 13 May I was told "do not report later than 6 May" and was handed a copy of Section 37 (5) of Immigration Act, B.E. 2522 with 'penalty notification'.

The 15 days before and 7 days after was put into force about 3 years back threw out Thailand. Some immigration offices tend to go their on ways. Kap Choeng, Korat Chiang Mai and Bangkok adhere to the +15 and -7 day rule.

Direct from TV.

Staying in Thailand longer than 90 days ? If so you will need to report to immigration.
Any foreigner that stays in the Kingdom of Thailand longer than 90 days needs to notify immigration of this, and needs to report this for each 90 day period.
A foreigner must report within a 14 day window, 7 days before to 7 days after the 90 day period expires.

Failure to report, or failure to report within the specified time will result in a fine of bt2000, which rises to bt4000 if the foreigner is arrested.

A foreigner can notify immigration either in person, by authorising someone to report for them, or send the notification via registered mail.

For anyone applying for their first extension, please note that this will count as the first 90 day report.

To notify in person (or sending someone authorised to report for you), you must report to one of the following locations.

Counter 3, Immigration Bureau Office, Soi Suanphlu, Bangkok
Visa extension units, Ratchada Centre (BOI) *new address*

Immigration offices throughout the country
If you would like to notify immigration via registered mail, you will need to send required documents to the following address, making sure they arrive 7 days before the 90 day period expires.

Notification by registered mail, documents required and address to send documents to.

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp)
2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM.6 (front and back)
3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any)
4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47
5. Envelope with 5 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.
Send the mail before the renewal date 7 days to

90 DAYS REGISTRATION,
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

If a foreigner leaves Thailand during the 90 day period, then the day count will restart from 1 upon re-entering Thailand (from the date of entry). Make sure you have your re-entry permit before leaving Thailand if you require one.

Immigration Bureau – 90 day reporting

Last edited:

Went to Jomtien for the 90-day check-in today.

Obtained my current Retirement Visa (renewal) on 4 November, commencing on 14 November - diligently turning up early.

Went today as it was exactly 90 days from 14 November, the day the new renewal became operational.

WRONG ! Should have come 90 days from 4 November, the date of last appearance at Immigration.

Therefore 10 days late, can have 7 days free window. Therefore 3 days late. FINE : 2,000 BAHT. (Can be up to 5,000 baht).

Be warned!

Went to Jomtien for the 90-day check-in today.

Obtained my current Retirement Visa (renewal) on 4 November, commencing on 14 November - diligently turning up early.

Went today as it was exactly 90 days from 14 November, the day the new renewal became operational.

WRONG ! Should have come 90 days from 4 November, the date of last appearance at Immigration.

Therefore 10 days late, can have 7 days free window. Therefore 3 days late. FINE : 2,000 BAHT. (Can be up to 5,000 baht).

Be warned!

Sorry to hear that Bill.

Will it be only Sang Som tonight? ShitHappens1

Sorry to hear that Bill.

Will it be only Sang Som tonight? ShitHappens1

Going to bed without my supper for getting it wrong! Where I go to eat, Sang Som/Coke is 20 baht so that is out of the question today! (So I could have drunk 100 Sang Soms or done something else with the money I gave away!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aussie Bill : Again, my initial statement about 90 days was the warning I received at Kap Cheung.
At least you have confirmed that Jomtien continues to allow the 'grace period' for the reporting of address.
(I would surmise it is a much a busier Immigration Office than Kap Cheung, Surin Province.)
As I'm curious , one question : Is Jomtien closer for you to travel than Kap Cheung - which is 70 km from Surin...or was that more convenient with your travel schedule ?
Thank you kind sir.

Well you might not have had...but I did and thank you again. For your info the Viet Laos also thought it was 'Sap'!
Thanks again L*s.

Don't fret for me, Surin. I enjoyed my pav before returning to Pattaya!

Aussie Bill : Again, my initial statement about 90 days was the warning I received at Kap Cheung.
At least you have confirmed that Jomtien continues to allow the 'grace period' for the reporting of address.
(I would surmise it is a much a busier Immigration Office than Kap Cheung, Surin Province.)
As I'm curious , one question : Is Jomtien closer for you to travel than Kap Cheung - which is 70 km from Surin...or was that more convenient with your travel schedule ?
Thank you kind sir.

Jomtien is much closer when I am in Pattaya as sometimes happens.
"Different things," said the Immigration Officer, and they are. The Visa is an immigration requirement, whereas reporting of address is a police requirement. Therefore, mango 2 you 2 is right - pretty obvious when you think about it (sadly in retrospect).

Back