Retirement Visa

Bear

Surin Legend
Went to Kap Choeng yesterday to renew my annual Non Imm-Retirement visa.

It only took about 30 minutes.
I presented the application, letter of income from Embassy and copies of the pages in my passport.
The new requirement to prove that you had the funds of monthly earningfs stated in the Embassy Letter of Income affidavit was easy to satisfy. I downloaded 6 months worth of my bank statements from my US bank account. The Immigration official said he only needed three months. That handled the requirement, easily. Another option could be to show the funds in a Thai Bank that meets their requirement, but I only use my stateside banking. Very easy and efficient.
Also, they were pleased that I made a copies of my Tambien Baan (Yellow Book) as it satisfied all questions as to residency.
All in all a quick, efficient and pleasant visit to KC and am good for another year, now.

Went to Kap Choeng yesterday to renew my annual Non Imm-Retirement visa.

It only took about 30 minutes.
I presented the application, letter of income from Embassy and copies of the pages in my passport.
The new requirement to prove that you had the funds of monthly earningfs stated in the Embassy Letter of Income affidavit was easy to satisfy. I downloaded 6 months worth of my bank statements from my US bank account. The Immigration official said he only needed three months. That handled the requirement, easily. Another option could be to show the funds in a Thai Bank that meets their requirement, but I only use my stateside banking. Very easy and efficient.
Also, they were pleased that I made a copies of my Tambien Baan (Yellow Book) as it satisfied all questions as to residency.
All in all a quick, efficient and pleasant visit to KC and am good for another year, now.

Good info and thanks for stopping by.Thanks3 BUT you did NOT get a retirement visa you got an "extension to stay based on retirement".Crazy1

Not dissimilar to my experience last June Bear. Quick, efficient and pleasant.

However, I know of others who have had problems primarily because of not having the necessary correct paperwork.

Good info and thanks for stopping by.Thanks3 BUT you did NOT get a retirement visa you got an "extension to stay based on retirement".Crazy1

Now Bear I hope you have this quite clear now, and never get this mixed up again!
The same as I will never say "Visa on arrival" As there is no such thing. You get a visa exemption. I still smart from my run in with the pedantic police. T.I.C.

Now Bear I hope you have this quite clear now, and never get this mixed up again!
The same as I will never say "Visa on arrival" As there is no such thing. You get a visa exemption. I still smart from my run in with the pedantic police. T.I.C.

buttshakeboobs2bnaughtyHug1

Ha Ha - wrong again Rice Crazy1 :smile::smile:

There IS Visa on Arrival - they have a desk at Swampy.

But, VoA is not something you, or I, or our countrymen would require as we can enter under Tourist Visa Exemption.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15396-Tourist-Visa-Exemption.html

As GL points out, it is good to use the correct terminology - but it takes time to get used to.

I'm assuming you did leave a nice gratuity for services rendered (though not considered a British consideration from what I have read on this forum).

^^^ Nice to read.
I was led to believe that Brits refused this type of 'tip' for a civil servant just doing their job in Thailand.

^^^ Nice to read.
I was led to believe that Brits refused this type of 'tip' for a civil servant just doing their job in Thailand.

That's the advantage of obtaining the "extension to stay based on retirement" (beware of pedantic bastards) at Jomtien. The hundred baht change is usually stapled to your passport and I find it detaches more easily once I have returned to the car.

I went 2 weeks ago to KC to get my annual extension based on retirement (apologies if I have used the wrong terminology)
I use the 800,000 baht in the bank method and, following advice on this forum, I also took along 6 months bank statements to prove I had income to support my life in Thailand.
I was told the bank statements were not required and that they are only needed if you apply for an extension based on income.
Has anyone else been told this?

I went 2 weeks ago to KC to get my annual extension based on retirement (apologies if I have used the wrong terminology)
I use the 800,000 baht in the bank method and, following advice on this forum, I also took along 6 months bank statements to prove I had income to support my life in Thailand.
I was told the bank statements were not required and that they are only needed if you apply for an extension based on income.
Has anyone else been told this?

I can understand that they do not require the bank statements for proof of income as you are basing the extension on the Bht 800,000.00 in the bank. However, in my experience they need at least a statement (or the passbook(s)) for the previous 3 months to prove that the Bht 800,000.00 has been in the bank for at least that length of time.

However, in my experience they need at least a statement (or the passbook(s)) for the previous 3 months to prove that the Bht 800,000.00 has been in the bank for at least that length of time.

I had obtained a separate bank letter confirming the 800,000 baht and taken the passbook for that account.
I had understood from previous posts on here that I needed to additionally supply proof of further funds for living expenses

I had obtained a separate bank letter confirming the 800,000 baht and taken the passbook for that account.
I had understood from previous posts on here that I needed to additionally supply proof of further funds for living expenses

Hi Colin,
It is one or the other. I don't keep my money in a Thai bank. Just did my annual visa renewal and used letter from the Embassy and bank statements for three months from my Stateside bank that reflected that amount.
Imm. Officer asked for three months only, even though I had six months with me.

Back