Save monet on your utility bills ,

Mine only came in Black (The truck, not the roof)

Because black looks good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are 5 tips I have to save money on bills

1#.Don't use an Urn type kettle that stays on all day. Just boil water for tea and coffee when you need it.
2# Keep Air-con units well maintained ,This can be done yourself by taken off the covers inside and outside and cleaning with a soft brush and a hoover.Also keep the filters clean,I take mine out about once a month.
3# Don't leave lights on and switch off all electric appliances at night ,leaving them on standby and they will still use electricity .
4# When buying appliances make sure they are 5 rated for energy saving.
5# Buy local to save on fuel ,do you really need that trip to Big C ,maybe thing a few baht more but fuel is expensive .
:Chokdee5:

As AtB says you can save Monet ...:)

I saved over one thousand baht a month by taking AtB advice as you describe in No1 above alone!!!!

I saved over one thousand baht a month by taking AtB advice as you describe in No1 above alone!!!!

When I built my first house in Koh Samui I had a dark red tile ,my friend next door went for a very light beige-ish coloured tile.His house was a lot cooler than mine for sure.When I built my house up here I was going to use the big sheet tiles ( Budget build ) so I went for the lightest colour they did which is a light Orange. At first all the villages called my house Wat Farang..:).....now all the local houses are going for the same colour as me......goldensmile1

Renting is a good way to save monet do the math....1.5 million house thats alot of rent money and when things go sideways, as they almost always do,, she doesn't get your monument in her village. For that matter best to stay or get single thats where you save the big monet,,after coming to Surin for 18 years finally figured that out LOLelephant-027elephant-027:eek:

Renting is a good way to save monet do the math....1.5 million house thats alot of rent money and when things go sideways, as they almost always do,, she doesn't get your monument in her village. For that matter best to stay or get single thats where you save the big monet,,after coming to Surin for 18 years finally figured that out LOLelephant-027elephant-027:eek:

I sort of agree with surinmike,I can understand building and spending a large lump of cash on a house in Pattaya,Bangkok,Phuket or Koh Samui as there is always a re-sale value.Up here is dead money,I spent about 1 million on my ( OUR :) ) house but that includes,walls,gates ,furniture the lot.To rent something similar would be about 6k a month. So I have worked out if I stay married 10 more years I'm saving money.Do the math before you build..:)

I sort of agree with surinmike,I can understand building and spending a large lump of cash on a house in Pattaya,Bangkok,Phuket or Koh Samui as there is always a re-sale value.Up here is dead money,I spent about 1 million on my ( OUR :) ) house but that includes,walls,gates ,furniture the lot.To rent something similar would be about 6k a month. So I have worked out if I stay married 10 more years I'm saving money.Do the math before you build..:)

Do you have any regrets building out there so far away from a City?

Back