Schengen Visa from the UK

ColinW

Surin relic
My partner is in the UK on a spouse/cp visa valid until February 2014 (although, the housing market in the UK permitting, we hope to be in Surin well before its expiry date).
I want to take a holiday to visit my sister who lives in Spain but the requirements to get my partner a Spanish Schengen visa look pretty onerous involving confirmed hotel bookings, flights booked before you apply for the visa etc.
Has anyone experiance of applying for one of these visas for a short trip from the uk?
I wondered if its easier to get into one of the other Schengen countries stay a few days and then travel from there to Spain

It can be a bit of a pain to get a Schengen visa. I just got a Spanish visa for the wife we went to mainland Spain but the same rules apply, flights booked, hotel, etc. This also has to be done in person, London, Manchester or Edinburgh depending on your location. Thankfully she now has her UK passport so it was no problem travelling to Tenerife a few weeks ago.

The Spanish visa was no problem getting it but can be a pain if you need to travel. I had to travel to Manchester from the North East, hand in the paperwork and passport then travel back a week later to pick it up.

John.

It can be a bit of a pain to get a Schengen visa. I just got a Spanish visa for the wife we went to mainland Spain but the same rules apply, flights booked, hotel, etc. This also has to be done in person, London, Manchester or Edinburgh depending on your location. Thankfully she now has her UK passport so it was no problem travelling to Tenerife a few weeks ago.

The Spanish visa was no problem getting it but can be a pain if you need to travel. I had to travel to Manchester from the North East, hand in the paperwork and passport then travel back a week later to pick it up.

John.

Its even worse now, I'm in Blackburn Lancashire and Spain has closed the Manchestr consulate we have to go to Edinburgh.
Didn't bother with the trip earlier this year but now going to visit my sister in November before a permanent move to Surin

Its even worse now, I'm in Blackburn Lancashire and Spain has closed the Manchestr consulate we have to go to Edinburgh.
Didn't bother with the trip earlier this year but now going to visit my sister in November before a permanent move to Surin

Have you considered paying for her to visit you both in UK? Sounds like it would be a lot easier??

Stone,
She comes over twice a year and had already booked to spend Christmas over here with her son but thats after after we have left for Surin.
Its really a case of letting Woody see a different country before we leave the UK

Sure. Good luck and hope to see you and Wood again in Surin sometime soon! Cool3

Back