Sisaket is on a roll

georgefromcanada

You chose a custom title
Sisaket province is now the largest producer of red onions and garlic in the nation.
FB_IMG_1711240904925.jpg

And also is one of the top ten provinces in Thailand for population, though I strongly suspect that is registered home address not actual living address.
FB_IMG_1711238438957.jpg

Love him or hate him Thaksin , is soley responsible for creating the dairy/cattle industry and OTOP both a huge success.
There is not any PM before or after that has created anything new. In that way he is unique his poverty alleviation methods worked as well as they are still being used.
Now tell me why do people love this rogue?.

Love him or hate him Thaksin , is soley responsible for creating the dairy/cattle industry and OTOP both a huge success.
There is not any PM before or after that has created anything new. In that way he is unique his poverty alleviation methods worked as well as they are still being used.
Now tell me why do people love this rogue?.
Nobody in the village where we are received their free cow. Sole cattle farmers that do have cattle don't make any money. Only the large companies do.

His daughter promised 20b a kg for rice for the farmers, clearly his idea. That didn't happen.

The rice mortgage scheme went horribly wrong, mainly due to rampant mismanagement, read corruption.

He changed the foreign ownership rules so he could sell Shin Corp to Singaporean owners at a huge profit.

15k starting salary for graduates. Didn't happen.

Thaksin introduced the 30b scheme without extra funding for hospitals. Creating huge queues and waiting times.

He went on the run from a prison sentence for huge corruption.

Yep. Why do people love him?

Abhisit would have been good. He didn't last as he wanted to reform tax collection.

Nobody in the village where we are received their free cow. Sole cattle farmers that do have cattle don't make any money. Only the large companies do.
Folk around my village got two cows each, unfortunately my family got two boys. Cattle is a real cash cow around here, pardon the pun. 40,000 B for a large beast at the market is nothing to sneeze at. They are a lot of work though. Maybe somebody misappropriated your villages cows. ?
His daughter promised 20b a kg for rice for the farmers, clearly his idea. That didn't happen.
Not applicable not him
The rice mortgage scheme went horribly wrong, mainly due to rampant mismanagement, read corruption.
Not applicable not him
He changed the foreign ownership rules so he could sell Shin Corp to Singaporean owners at a huge profit.
That's why he is a rouge.
15k starting salary for graduates. Didn't happen.
Hmm don't know about that.
Thaksin introduced the 30b scheme without extra funding for hospitals. Creating huge queues and waiting times.
You got that right. Still going now.
He went on the run from a prison sentence for huge corruption.
Did that too. But he has officially paid his debt to society, o_Oo_O
Yep. Why do people love him?

Abhisit would have been good. He didn't last as he wanted to reform tax collection.
Bottom line Abhisit did not achieve a cracker, where Thaksin did.

So you don't like Thaksin HEH?:rolleyes:
For the record either do I.

Folk around my village got two cows each, unfortunately my family got two boys. Cattle is a real cash cow around here, pardon the pun. 40,000 B for a large beast at the market is nothing to sneeze at. They are a lot of work though. Maybe somebody misappropriated your villages cows. ?

Not applicable not him

Not applicable not him

That's why he is a rouge.

Hmm don't know about that.

You got that right. Still going now.

Did that too. But he has officially paid his debt to society, o_Oo_O

Bottom line Abhisit did not achieve a cracker, where Thaksin did.

So you don't like Thaksin HEH?:rolleyes:
For the record either do I.
Didn't he do the 1 million baht per village to help the villages with their infrastructure: roads, water towers and water pump stations, water drainage ditches, etc. ?

Didn't he do the 1 million baht per village to help the villages with their infrastructure: roads, water towers and water pump stations, water drainage ditches, etc. ?
Yes he actually did that. Most of it was spent cementing village dirt tracks. A great thing really. It was all pretty bad for anyone of us that remembers before.
LOOK ! the man was and is a crook. But in my eyes it does not diminish from what he did achieve.

40000 for a cow, quite likely. Expenditure very close to that. Not viable for small holdings.

Anything Yingluck did was 100% applicable to him.

The 1 million baht scheme was a failure too. No control over funds. Lots of village headman with nice, new cars

40000 for a cow, quite likely. Expenditure very close to that. Not viable for small holdings.

Anything Yingluck did was 100% applicable to him.

The 1 million baht scheme was a failure too. No control over funds. Lots of village headman with nice, new cars
Not being your brothers keeper is a precept in the bible carried into law till this day. Even if was proved he gave advice. Its laughable for you to suggest he is guilty of the malfeasance it caused. On the other point of not controlling the funds. A man can only do what he can in his power to control. You want to blame him for all the rot in Thai society as well. I can see where you are coming from if that is any help. There is others in Thai society that have done far worse then him.
All I am saying is he did achieve some good. I am truly sorry you live in an area corrupt as all f@ck. Isn't time they got weeded out and you stop blaming other leaders far afield for your areas woes.

He worked out how to win control by giving lots to Isan & brought in the B30 Med/Card. + B1M to the village funds.Also,after the Fin/Crash 1997 he paid off the IMF debt.
When he was booted out ,it was stated Thailand froze B65 BN of his Assets.

Not being your brothers keeper is a precept in the bible carried into law till this day. Even if was proved he gave advice. Its laughable for you to suggest he is guilty of the malfeasance it caused. On the other point of not controlling the funds. A man can only do what he can in his power to control. You want to blame him for all the rot in Thai society as well. I can see where you are coming from if that is any help. There is others in Thai society that have done far worse then him.
All I am saying is he did achieve some good. I am truly sorry you live in an area corrupt as all f@ck. Isn't time they got weeded out and you stop blaming other leaders far afield for your areas woes.
Anyone living in Thailand lives in an area as corrupt as f$#k. IE, the area known as Thailand.

Anyone living in Thailand lives in an area as corrupt as f$#k. IE, the area known as Thailand.
I was referencing your commentary that your area so no improvement with the 1 million Baht village funding and no one got any cattle. Where my area clearly did.
So there is corrupt (which is every where) and corrupt as f@ck and that's where you reside. Unless you are mistaken of course.

I was referencing your commentary that your area so no improvement with the 1 million Baht village funding and no one got any cattle. Where my area clearly did.
So there is corrupt (which is every where) and corrupt as f@ck and that's where you reside. Unless you are mistaken of course.
I didn't specify my area solely in most examples i stated regarding Thaksin's populists policies.

I guess you didn't read the news stories and tales of woe with regards to many places being stitched up by these schemes.

I had to read that twice.

It sounds like you condone Thaksin the crook because he did some good.
Its complicated. They are all expected to be corrupt so they are. So it can only be judged in well how corrupt. The man does have some achievements.
Condone ? I would not go that far. Changing the tax laws and flogging the AIS to Singtel and not paying a cent in tax or setting up any type of philanthropist association at all. Was a complete c@nt act he should burn in hell for. he set up AIS on government money as well.

I had to read that twice.

It sounds like you condone Thaksin the crook because he did some good.
He did good to get the votes. He was a keen populist and knew what the Isanites wanted and needed to get their votes. The BKK elite hated this money going to the peasants instead of to BKK. It was partially his downfall and what made him hated by the Yellows. He was a crook and did many dodgy things, but he was not stupid, though much of what he said was BS. He got the forgotten votes from the forgotten people, which led to his winning. I think he also paid more than others for the votes. :)

Screenshot_2024-03-29-07-10-51-08.jpgI follow this FB page, sorry I have no idea the name of it. They expose waste and graft daily. Little stuff like the electric post through the storm sewer or the fact PEA in Chiang Mai have lost 4 million baht of concrete electric poles over the past 6 years.

A public school with an air-conditioned office for the directors cats, an 11 million baht interpretive center built 6 years ago but never connected to electricity and fallen into ruin, 20 tambon employees sent to Japan to promote tourism at a cost of 95,000 baht each. The number of multi million baht water towers in this country that sit empty because of poor water pressure will astound you.

One of the funniest examples was a school director that demanded a new teacher replace the director's chair because she sat in it and the director took offence. The teacher refused, so a new chair was bought from the school budget.

In Thailand corruption is only wrong if you don't benefit from it.

Back