Six Digit PINs Coming?

W

Wombat

OK, the wife just walked in after her usual 2 hour gas bag session with the rest of the village and tells me that we have to go to all our banks and change our PIN numbers on all our ATM cards as they are changing from 4 digits to 6. She says that many people from the village have or are going to change theirs ASAP as they want to avoid a fee for getting a new card. The big boss of our village even broadcast this in his evening sermon.

I recently read that ATM cards in Thailand will slowly be converted to cards with a micro chip thingy in them and there is no need to rush out to change your card as you can change when you next renew it, I have not read anywhere that 6 digit PINs are coming in but my wife insists that this information has come from the government and we should rush into the bank to change ours.

I am sure she and the rest of the village have been ill informed. Has anyone else heard this news?

She still insists it is happening, "the lady in the shop did it yesterday".

I only know about new accounts (cards) - my own is 4 digit. I imagine all new ones will be 6 digit and replace existing cards at renewal.
Exactly! That's what I told my wife.

Freaking super slow internet today hence the double post. Must be the low cloud FFS! A big sporting weekend coming up and all I'm gunna see is buffering!

I have enough trouble remembering 4 digits!

Perhaps if the keys were marked alphanumerically it may be simpler.

But sanskrit would cause me a problem.

telephone.jpg

Last edited:
I have enough trouble remembering 4 digits!
Perhaps if the keys were marked alphanumerically it may be simpler.
But sanskrit would cause me a problem.

Sanskrit would cause everyone a problem it is Indian. Thai script can be traced back to a south Indian script which was introduced into mainland South-East Asia during the 4th or 5th century AD. It is not derived from Sanskrit. It comes from a script called Pallava, which in turn is where Sanskrit came from, so you can't call Thai script, Sanskrit.

Sanskrit would cause everyone a problem it is Indian. Thai script can be traced back to a south Indian script which was introduced into mainland South-East Asia during the 4th or 5th century AD. It is not derived from Sanskrit. It comes from a script called Pallava, which in turn is where Sanskrit came from, so you can't call Thai script, Sanskrit.

Maybe I should have said "non Roman alphabet" because Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. would also cause a problem for me.

The point is with the image posted, it is possible to "code" a number into a word thereby making it easier for some people to remember, e.g. GOLDEN = 465336.

Last edited:
Dino has recently obtained a new 6 digit pin card. Apparently not all ATMs currently accept them. Require a software upgrade maybe.

Has anyone heard any up-to-date information on this subject. I've heard nothing from Kasikorn.

Dino has recently obtained a new 6 digit pin card. Apparently not all ATMs currently accept them. Require a software upgrade maybe.
Been out for a while Yorky. I got issued them from Kasikorn and Bkk bank over a year ago.. Walked out of Bkk bank and checked the balance and the card was rejected as it couldn't recognise 6 digits.

Been out for a while Yorky. I got issued them from Kasikorn and Bkk bank over a year ago.. Walked out of Bkk bank and checked the balance and the card was rejected as it couldn't recognise 6 digits.
I am awaiting a meeting with the (corrupt) Anti-Corruption Army people re Kasakorn Bank.
Enough said!

I have heard nothing about the 6 digit pins either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back