Six injured as bus overturns in Surin

How could anyone sit in a bus for that distance? Obviously the driver could not.

How could anyone sit in a bus for that distance? Obviously the driver could not.

Not a problem 14 hours to Chiang Mai. NCA uses 3 different drivers on that rout. BTW 2 meal stops, onboard restroom, snacks etc etc. Best bus service in Thailand. Most of these bus companies use retards. Also that bus was a double-decker the most dangerous bus in Thailand. NCA use NO double deckers.

I fail to understand how he did it on a straight stretch about half way to Sikhor. Maybe there is a ghost there as only last week a car was in flames not far from that spot.
Phuket Korat Ubon run every day bus. I wonder what the shift of driving is as the bus had been on the road 24 Hours to get that far. As Womby stated how can anybody stand it on a bus for that long.
I guess the Thais can as they would sleep the whole way. They can sleep over a barbed wire fence with their head in a bucket of shit.

[QUOTE="Rice, post: 227300, member: 2912"]I fail to understand how he did it on a straight stretch about half way to Sikhor. Maybe there is a ghost there as only last week a car was in flames not far from that spot.
Phuket Korat Ubon run every day bus. I wonder what the shift of driving is as the bus had been on the road 24 Hours to get that far. As Womby stated how can anybody stand it on a bus for that long.
I guess the Thais can as they would sleep the whole way. They can sleep over a barbed wire fence with their head in a bucket of shit.[/QUOTE]

Most likely nodded off at the wheel. Many do, so it seems. Probably a job requirement here in Thailand!

Last edited:
Nodded off then panic when awoken + over correction of the bus + double decker = WHAT WE SEE. It would be interesting to know how many drivers this bus used.

SF.com-CSI on the job...:sunglasses:

Stop the bullshyte GL...how do you know the driver wasn't :
- getting a blowjob
- playing Candy Crush or texting
- having a cardiac episode
- simply avoiding a ghost that jumped in front of the bus
- {something other than nodding off}

C'mon mate , TIT - don't jump to conclusions. :rolleyes::p:D

Not a problem 14 hours to Chiang Mai. NCA uses 3 different drivers on that rout. BTW 2 meal stops, onboard restroom, snacks etc etc. Best bus service in Thailand. Most of these bus companies use retards. Also that bus was a double-decker the most dangerous bus in Thailand. NCA use NO double deckers.
GL, I've been in a few NCA buses between here and Pattaya and Bangkok and I have NEVER been comfortable in one. Also NEVER used the restroom in one either. They are cold, cramped and uncomfortable. If you have a window seat it is nearly impossible to get up unless you know the person next to you. I prefer a less "modern" bus. I have always been comfortable in the Pattaya/Ekami bus that runs from Pattaya Nua.

There used to be an orange bus that ran from Jomtien to Ekkamai. I believe there was a bus every hour, About 25 years ago I used to travel quite regularly to Bangkok, and invariably it would be bus no 34 that picked me up. No motorways then. Approaching Bangkok there were many bridges on the Ban Na Trat highwy. The driver took great delightin accelerating up to the bridge crest and then almost taking off . People standing were thrown backwards. Happened every time. Despite complaints on arrival at Ekkamai nothing ever changed.

GL, I've been in a few NCA buses between here and Pattaya and Bangkok and I have NEVER been comfortable in one. Also NEVER used the restroom in one either. They are cold, cramped and uncomfortable. If you have a window seat it is nearly impossible to get up unless you know the person next to you. I prefer a less "modern" bus. I have always been comfortable in the Pattaya/Ekami bus that runs from Pattaya Nua.

I shall hy-jack and tell a story. I have not been on the NCA Surin-CNX for 5 years. My last journey on NCA was last July from Bangkok to Surin two days after returning from the USA. The bus return was chosen because there was me, SWMBO and my sister. We had 5 suitcase that 50 pounds each. These bags came with us at no extra charge all the way from the colonies. Had we book on Air Asia I would of had to taken out a morgage on the Chicken Ranch to pay what AA would of forked me.;;money;; My sister is four years older than me and this was her 3rd trip to the LOS and her 2nd trip to the Chicken Ranch. She was all for the 8 hour by bus to Surin soooo NCA 3 of us the 5 pieces of luggage at 50 lbs each for 1050 baht were booked. My sister had the very first aisle set up front withe the drivers door directly in front and she was also given the seat next to her empty by NCA for viewing.:D We were in the two seats directly behind her. One driver and one stewardess for the tip. Side note..NCA terminal in Surin has layover rooms for their employees.:rolleyes: After we arrived in Surin friends picked us up. For a break we we went to Brio Mellon Farm my sister was about to bust a gut soon dear sister do tell me what are hiding.. She told all of us the numerous conversation that she was able to over hear between the driver and the stewardess. These conversations were in english as the two did not want the passengers to know, surprise surprise.:eek: They were going out on the town in Surin then back to the company provide lodging and FORK THE SHYT out of each other.;;red heart;; Exact words from a 74 year old white women. ;;girl;; Our friends and my wife all agreed that yes they believed this. I was laughing my ass off.;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;;;;bad simle;; BTW my sister say using the toilet on the bus was akin to riding the mechanical bull at Bill Bob's and yes she has been there. http://billybobstexas.com;;superman;;

When we go to Bangkok and Pattaya (if we are not driving) we always go on NCA.
I find them comfortable with lots of leg room, much more space than airline economy.
I'm surprised on GL's trip there was only one driver as on the journeys I've made there has been two.
I like his description of using the toilet, I try to go for a piss when the bus stops briefly to change drivers.
I'm sure I'm the only person on the bus who uses the seat belt.

When we go to Bangkok and Pattaya (if we are not driving) we always go on NCA.
I find them comfortable with lots of leg room, much more space than airline economy.
I'm surprised on GL's trip there was only one driver as on the journeys I've made there has been two.
I like his description of using the toilet, I try to go for a piss when the bus stops briefly to change drivers.
I'm sure I'm the only person on the bus who uses the seat belt.

Only one but they did a swap half way. The stewardess was not into threesomes.:rolleyes:

There used to be an orange bus that ran from Jomtien to Ekkamai. I believe there was a bus every hour, About 25 years ago I used to travel quite regularly to Bangkok, and invariably it would be bus no 34 that picked me up. No motorways then. Approaching Bangkok there were many bridges on the Ban Na Trat highwy. The driver took great delightin accelerating up to the bridge crest and then almost taking off . People standing were thrown backwards. Happened every time. Despite complaints on arrival at Ekkamai nothing ever changed.

I remember that as well Nick those bloody bridges. Most of those bridges had to be replaced after the 2008 ? big floods and were replaced. They no longer have the crest they used to have.

Back