Solar flood lights

FERRET

WELL WORN MEMBER
We are going to purchace 2 solar lights to assist our security cameras along the rear of the house.
This model seems to tick the boxes however, I have no expertise in this area--any recomendations please.
LIGHT.jpg

We are going to purchace 2 solar lights to assist our security cameras along the rear of the house.
This model seems to tick the boxes however, I have no expertise in this area--any recomendations please.
View attachment 64660
i am pretty sure I have one just like this. I installed the light at the front gate about a year or so ago. It is fully automatic, even if a remote control is provided for manual intervention. At dusk the light turns on at what appear to be half power. When motion is detected the light goes to maximum power, very bright, and remains so for about 10 seconds before going into power saving mode. There is sufficient power in the solar battery pack to power the light throughout the hours of darknes. Thoroughly recommended. I bought this unit in HomePro.

If you want to see this unit working please come around after dark.

View attachment 64660
Can you replace the rechargeable AA batteries in it? I've found some you cannot just open up and change for new rechargeables once they stop recharging by the sun. Usually a year or so later.

When I get them--next few weeks---vee vill do ze autopsy und report back on zee battery replacement YAAA!!.
Some have AA rechargeable batteries you can open the back of and replace. Some others I have gotten have a square battery that I have never found anywhere to be able to replace. Those are now just colorful garden ornaments. I did get a couple that looked like spotlights, that you could actually adjust to tilt where you wanted the light to go, those did not last long in the rain and harsh sunlight. There are many types of solar path lighting and garden lights. Good luck. I do have some of the ones you can place on your front wall that only come on when you walk in front of them. They seem to have crappy glue on the small solar panel on top that basically fall off (called a 'solar sensor wall light'). Purchased at Thai Watsadu, which have a few different styles.

I have 500 watt floods at front and rear of the house. They've been dead for a few years now because I got fed up of paying ฿350.00 for the bulbs which appeared to blow every month. I've been looking at LEDs units to replace them (the whole unit is almost cheaper than the old bulbs) but not got round to it yet. As they are mains powered and fixed high on the walls I'll need to get the sparks in to install them. Both are turned on/off from switches inside the house.

Back