Starbeam will be closed Tuesday & Wednesday 17th & 18th Feb.) for Chinese New Year

Cent

FORUM SPONSOR
Starbeam's will be closed Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 17 -18 & 19 Feb.

Starbeam Restaurant will be closed on the 17th, 18th & 19th (Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday) of February 2015 to celebrate the Chinese New Year. We will re-open on Friday the 20th with our usual hours.

Thanks all, and Happy New Year.

Mike, Waen & Fon

Last edited:
Isn't CNY on 19th February, Mike?

Yes, Yorky. It is on the 19th, BUT, my wife told me they were originally only going to be closed Tuesday and Wednesday. Now they've decided to close on Thursday as well (as you can see by the edited post). They celebrate by cooking on Tuesday for the feast. Wednesday they go around to older relatives and feed them their favorite foods. Thursday they will go to the Wat and ask for good luck blessings for the coming year.

Me? I get three days off and I don't have to go along with them for 2 of the days at least, so I'll be out and about if I can kick the damn flu I caught the other day that everyone seems to be getting the past couple of weeks. f**king sniffles and sneezing. I blame it on Steve the copper, or as I call him now 'Typhoid Steve'.

Back