Surin Post Office - EMS Deliveries

nomad97

Resident Geek
I had two letters to post this morning and also an overnight delivery (EMS) parcel to collect. I journeyed out to the far side of town, the new Post Office on the Buriram Road, posted my two letters and went to collect my parcel. "Sorry, wrong place - you need the other office by railway station." Or at least that was the drift. I put 2 and 2 together, came up with 5, and headed back to the old Post Office that I had driven passed some 15 minutes earlier.

They were very pleasant around the back of the main entrance and very quickly located my parcel. The guy on duty even recognised me and said, "Cityland?" I told him we had moved and now lived in Kokpalat.

So, please remember, EMS deliveries are processed at the Old Post Office in the center of town.

I guess this is both receipt and despatch?
I have sent EMS from the New Post Office. However, in light of the information gleamed this morning, I would guess that the New Post Office send your item to the Old Post Office for consolidation, 'stuffing' in a container and on wards despatch. It follows, you may well save some time in the despatch process by posting your item in the Old Post Office.

I've had a few things by EMS and they all go to the old post office in town as late .

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

It follows, you may well save some time in the despatch process by posting your item in the Old Post Office.

It will for me, same as you. The new post office is on the opposite side of town.

I was under the impression that the new post office was built "out of town" to alleviate traffic and delivery hold ups. I was obviously wrong.

It depends on where you live.
When we lived near the new post office on Buriram road our stuff was always collected from there, not the one in town.

It depends on where you live.
When we lived near the new post office on Buriram road our stuff was always collected from there, not the one in town.

I did not say you cannot collect your EMS from the New Post Office. What I said is that containers coming into Surin with EMS are unpacked, in the first instance, in the Old Post Office. I kinda of got the feeling that the Old Post Office is responsible for un-stuffing containers, sorting the mail and the subsequent delivery around town (including going to the New Post Office). Similarly, I think they are responsible for consolidating the EMS and stuffing containers for shipments out of Surin. Now this is only an impression that I got and it is by no means a de facto statement of what really goes on. Its a hunch.

Back