Tax with held on interest from a Thai Bank account

This morning I received a cheque in the post for just short of 4,300 baht.
it was well worth making the claim particularly as the staff in the Surin Tax Office were so helpful, filling the forms in for me.
We are all quick to highlight the "tip/reward" culture so it was good to see the other side of Thai officials quietly and efficiently doing their jobs with no hint of expecting a tip.

Colin, when are you and Wud planning on throwing the next party ? T.I.C.

Seriously, a good recoup for others to know about.

Followed this up this morning at what Wood described as The Small Town Tax Office as opposed to the bigger Provincial Tax Office.

We took along the tax deduction certificate provided by the bank and copies of my passport and yellow house book.

Colin, exactly where is this Office located ? Good directions would be greatly appreciated.

(Is it across the street east of the Provincial Gov't Building and south of Red Cross office ?)

Coffee
Coming from Big C on the 226, past The Government Hospital, continue through the traffic lights with The Red Cross on your right and the office is on your left on the corner of the 226 and Suriyarat Street (which has a blue road sign)

Coffee
Coming from Big C on the 226, past The Government Hospital, continue through the traffic lights with The Red Cross on your right and the office is on your left on the corner of the 226 and Suriyarat Street (which has a blue road sign)

That would then be the very large Provincial Government building with large grounds out front totally enclosed and a 'guardhouse'. The Provincial Law Court is due north across 226 (Suriyarat).
Would I be correct ? (Please confirm with Wood if not sure. Thanking you in advance, Colin.)

That would then be the very large Provincial Government building with large grounds out front totally enclosed and a 'guardhouse'. The Provincial Law Court is due north across 226 (Suriyarat).
Would I be correct ? (Please confirm with Wood if not sure. Thanking you in advance, Colin.)

They even started the Bike for Dad ride from there last week...or one of the many

Followed this up this morning at what Wood described as The Small Town Tax Office as opposed to the bigger Provincial Tax Office.
We took along the tax deduction certificate provided by the bank and copies of my passport and yellow house book.
We were seen by a very helpful lady who completed the form for us and said we should have confirmation of the repayment in about a month.
We were in and out of the office in about 20 minutes

Colin, whose Thai Taxpayer Identification Number (hint: 13 digits) did you utilize for your rebate ?

Coffee, sorry I don't know, the good lady at the office filled the form in for me.
The bank certificate was for an account in my name so I could only assume they generated a number for me possibly using data from my yellow book.
You have reminded me I need to repeat the procedure.

Back