Terrific pastries and coffee.

Bear

Surin Legend
Yesterday, was my daughter's birthday. I bought her a fantastic Strawberry Cream Cake from a terrific little place. The cake was large, fluffy with very good vanilla frosting and covered with fresh strawberry topping and fresh strawberries.
It almost tasted like a strawberry short-cake. Delicious.

The bakery/coffee shop is located close to the Train Station. It is a beautiful little place with tables outside and a small coffee bar inside. It is air-conditioned and very well appointed.

Many of you may already have been there, but for those who haven't, just proceed as if you were driving from Starbeam toward the train station. Take the first red light and go toward the end of the street and it will be on your left, about 20 meters from the end of the street, where you could turn right into the train station.
Enjoy. Highly recommended.

I have to agree with Bear. Lovely place with a great variety of cakes and coffees.

I have to agree with Bear. Lovely place with a great variety of cakes and coffees.

Great place for a coffee and a snack/pastry, and I do like the small air conditioned area as well to enjoy their wares. I think I'll pop in there tomorrow, as I haven't been in a long while.

Mike

Yes, sir, it is indeed the same place.

The coffee shop is owned by the same owner that is building the new Chang Surin Hotel just in back. The shop has been there for at least two years. Great place.
karakara can fill use in on details..

The coffee shop is owned by the same owner that is building the new Chang Surin Hotel just in back. The shop has been there for at least two years. Great place.
karakara can fill use in on details..

I go there most mornings for a coffee and a chat with two Aussie mates. The owner is an ex-Governor of Surin Province. His wife effectively runs the coffee shop and bakery (though all the cakes are actually made somewhere in Buriram and shipped in each day).
The owner is building the Elephant Museum and Hotel behind as well as a multistorey carpark. I have posted before about all this and recommended all to go and look. The quality of building is fantastic. Money is clearly no object....just look at the wood he is using.....impressive stuff.
Being close to the train station a lot of tourists pass through this coffee shop and I have met some interesting people this way.

Back