Thai Baht Transfers

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I heard today that the sending of ฿50,000.00 or more per transfer will not be permitted to all banks in Thailand from next month. Previously Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, and Siam Commercial Bank were exempt for this regulation.

Could anyone on here confirm this?

I heard today that the sending of ฿50,000.00 or more per transfer will not be permitted to all banks in Thailand from next month. Previously Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, and Siam Commercial Bank were exempt for this regulation.

Could anyone on here confirm this?

Sounds unlikely but, go on, what was the reliable source of this revelation.

Not sure if the source was referring just to WISE (Transferwise) transfers because, AFAIK, there is no such restriction on sending any amount of money from, say, a UK bank to ANY Thai bank. If so, the title of the thread needs amending.

WISE operating restrictions:-

How much can I send?

You can send up to 2 million THB per transfer.

Please note that you can send 50,000 THB or above per transfer only to the following banks from 7 January 2022 due to regulatory changes:

• Bangkok Bank Public Company
  • Kasikorn Bank
  • Siam Commercial Bank
You can still send money to recipient accounts that use other banks, but you’ll only be allowed to send them up to 49,999 THB per transfer. There’s no limit on how many transfers you can create.

Not sure if Bangkok Bank is a reliable source but I asked them.....

What is the largest amount I can transfer into a Bangkok Bank account in Thailand?

"There is no limit to the amount of funds that can be transferred from abroad into a Bangkok Bank account.

However, senders must specify the purpose of the money transfer for every transfer, as commercial banks are required to report this to the Bank of Thailand on the client’s behalf".

Sounds unlikely but, go on, what was the reliable source of this revelation.

I didn't say it was a "reliable" source. If it had have been there would have been no point in asking the question.

However, the "source" stated it was a story in the Bangkok Post but I can find no reference to it.

It was apparently reported in Bangkok Post and Thaiger a few days ago. Probably under "money laundering".

Probably not.

There is no proposal to "not permit transfers over 50k".........I suspect that you could smell the bu11shit when whoever it was, told you.

The banks have agreed to comply with new cyber security rules by June.

These include using facial recognition for transfers over 50k.

Nothing to do with incoming transfers.

Probably not.

There is no proposal to "not permit transfers over 50k".........I suspect that you could smell the bu11shit when whoever it was, told you.

The banks have agreed to comply with new cyber security rules by June.

These include using facial recognition for transfers over 50k.

Nothing to do with incoming transfers.

I will check with my bank soon.

I transferred some Thai Baht today from England using WISE. Quite literally it was here in a flash, less than a second. Quite amazing.

Back