Thai immigration urge foreigners to do 90 day/address reports by post or online to ease Covid-19 con

I found this on Thai Visa today:-

A trouble-shooting guide when encountering problems trying to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

= = = = =

Link to access the 90-day on-line reporting site:

> https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line. The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english pages too) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options. But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

The link for the mobile app is here:

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm47_mobile_service

You can also file your 90-day reports by mail.

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Use the address of your local immigration office if not in Bangkok.

= = = = =

TROUBLE-SHOOTING
> Stuck at Opening Page

You have to scroll the center window with the Terms&Conditions text to the very bottom, and then click the '*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them' button.
It's only after having done the above, that clicking the 'Accept' button will open next page on the website.

It seems that sometimes clicking Submit does not bring you to 'Next Page' (there are 4 pages to fill in) and leaves you with a blank page. In that case you need to click the back-arrow button, this will allow you to enter a new captcha and click Submit again.
Note: Don't click the F5 - refresh button as it will bring you back to the main page.

ERROR-MESSAGE

There are several possible reasons why the error message --For further information regarding The 90 days report service, please contact the immigration branch office in your residence area-- might appear:

0 - There are some local Immigration Offices that do not accept 90-day reports on-line > check with your local IO or enquire on the Forum about your IO

1 - You have not left Thailand for 7 years or longer, and so your old TM-6 arrival/departure card is not in the IO system;

2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport

NOTE: Two recent reports indicated that this possible issue might now be fixed.

3 - You are inputting incorrect data (check O-0 and I-i) or inputted manually where an input from a drop-down box is indicated (e.g. the date of arrival needs to be inputted using the drop-down calendar box);

4 - Your browser or configuration is not fit for the 'picky' IO-software > try using a different browser (Chrome or Edge are often causing problems) or doing the report on a different PC (e.g. from a friend or an internet store);

5 - Your internet-address is not recognized (e.g. and AOL.com address) > if so use another e-mail address, e.g. a gmail-account;

6 - Connecting to the Internet using a VPN might also invoke the Error-message > disable your VPN and try again;

7 - The IO servers are too busy on the moment you want to access/upload > try again later.

8 - You are using a Mac-computer, and so you need to set-up the web browser to work, the process is described in the official User Guide for Notification 90 day (which can be downloaded from the opening page of the 90-day website)

And of course

9 - The notification has to be done in the period from 15 days BEFORE the 90-day report due date till the actual due date.
> Otherwise you will get the 'Visit your immigration office' message.
It's recommended to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, as it will save you a trip to IO (in case you are too late, there is a 7-day 'grace' period after the due date for reporting in person at your local IO).

CAVEATS

10 - Please note that when you use the 90-day on-line reporting website it can put you on the wrong foot.
Speaking from personal experience > Having filled in the 4 required web-pages for my 90-day notification, the website immediately displayed an APPROVED notification page.
However, when leaving the website and then re-entering the website to look for my application status it was displayed as PENDING (meaning that is was not approved yet).

11 - When doing your VERY FIRST 90-day report, this has to be done either in person at your local IO or by mail.
You would be able to submit that very first 90-day report on-line, but it's status will not go beyond PENDING and will not be APPROVED as your local IO would not have a record of you having done a 90-day report before.
That's why you need to do the very first one in person or by mail.
By mail you send copies of your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed TM47 which would be enough for them to check your subsequent on-line report.

CONCLUSION

>> Having submitted your 90-day report on-line, you need to check the STATUS. Please note that it can take a couple of hours to a couple of days before the PENDING status is accepted by your local IO and displays as APPROVED.
Clicking the small icon to the right of the row with the APPROVED notification you are then able to print-out both the Notification as well as the Receipt of Notification which displays your next 90-day reporting date (and which you are supposed to keep in your passport as proof that you comply).
Note: When your PENDING status has not been converted into APPROVED status by the due date, you are advised to call or visit your local IO to enquire about the status. If for one reason or another, your local IO cannot approve your notification, you still have the 7 days 'grace period' after due date (actually it is 6 days after date, as the due date is counted as day 1), to visit your local IO and submit your 90-day report in person.

Thank you for this @CO-CO .
Oh fark I see my problem!

No wonder.
I don't have a printer to print out the approval. Aww sheesh. :cool:

For information I submitted my notification for 90 day report on-line today (due 23rd August 2020). Although my passport is new and I have not been out of the Kingdom, it appears that it should be approved.

There have only been three reports on ThaiVisa of this happening (new passports) AFAIK and not one of them was through SI.

I think that they had your new passport details on the system?

I think that they had your new passport details on the system?

Yes, it was obviously recorded on the system when I first reported (in person) at the same time as I applied for my extension. However, that only has been the case since March apparently. Before that you were required to leave the Kingdom and re-enter to align passport number with TM card.

Yes, it was obviously recorded on the system when I first reported (in person) at the same time as I applied for my extension. However, that only has been the case since March apparently. Before that you were required to leave the Kingdom and re-enter to align passport number with TM card.

Not quite true I think.

I think that the problem relates to VERY old TM6's (and those incorrectly recorded).... It wasn't a case of a new TM6 being required after the issue of a new passport - Immigration just need to get the new passport details on the system

Not quite true I think.

I think that the problem relates to VERY old TM6's (and those incorrectly recorded).... It wasn't a case of a new TM6 being required after the issue of a new passport - Immigration just need to get the new passport details on the system

"Before that you were required to leave the Kingdom and re-enter to align passport number with TM card." - Maybe I should reword that - "No-one in Immigration were blessed with the ability to align the existing TM card with the new passport number on the computer without issuing a new TM card upon re-entering the Kingdom".

Try reminding them that we have all been asked to report on-line to ease the Covid-19 potential pile up. If they managed to align my TM card with my new passport number surely they could manage it with yours, however old it is?
Wot? And deny me the opportunity of a run out through the fine Thai countryside.:D

"fine Thai countryside"???????????. Dual carriageway, many trucks all the way there and back! Pop into spec-savers first

Death row more like..........based on recent videos. f**ked if I would go if it was raining.

Death row more like..........based on recent videos. f**ked if I would go if it was raining.
All I can say is thank Buddha the Buriram lot no longer travel in that direction. The roads are so much quieter these days, even peaceful. :D:D:D

"fine Thai countryside"???????????. Dual carriageway, many trucks all the way there and back! Pop into spec-savers first
Not what the videos on social media show..........keep to the left...
Oh, ye of little faith. The sun was shinning after some early morning rain, the birds were singing, and all the idiots from Buriram were nowhere to be seen. The road from Prasat to Kap Cheong was virtually deserted and, apart from a kilometer or so, dual carriageway all the way. Thankfully Covid-19 and the forced closure of the border with Cambodia has reduced traffic to a trickle and makes for very easy driving. Unfortunately, it will not always be so peaceful. That's something you Buriram layabouts failed to consider in your comments. :p:p:p

P.S. I was the ony whiteman there - 90-day job completed in less than 5 minutes.

Back