Thai Income tax ??

mahdam

Surin Founding Father
A friend of mine who is here on a retirement visa, has been told by a Norwegian neighbor of his, that he is liable to pay Thai income tax on his pension that he receives from the USA.
I have never heard of this, and said I would pose the question to you guys on his behalf. Thanks.

A friend of mine who is here on a retirement visa, has been told by a Norwegian neighbor of his, that he is liable to pay Thai income tax on his pension that he receives from the USA.
I have never heard of this, and said I would pose the question to you guys on his behalf. Thanks.

Most pensions are taxable in the country that provide them. IKf however, a pension is not taxed at source it can become liable to thai taxation...IOF IT IS BROUGHT INTO THAILAND WITHIN 1 YEAR OF IT BEING PAID.

There may be a double taxation agreement in force.

see http://www.rd.go.th/publish/766.0.html

Very interesting document, Nick.

Now I can see the 'Norwegian problem'.

As for we poor Australian pensioners, it seems we are OK. Better if Article 26 referred to 'Australia' instead of degenerating into 'Austria'. I thought only bar girls suffered from that confusion.

Very interesting document, Nick.

Now I can see the 'Norwegian problem'.

As for we poor Australian pensioners, it seems we are OK. Better if Article 26 referred to 'Australia' instead of degenerating into 'Austria'. I thought only bar girls suffered from that confusion.

No, we all know you lot are expert Skiers !

Many countries have Double Taxation Treaties, luckily!!!

Back