Thai Law re: Soi Dogs

Yes, but it's only 10A, so nothing TOO major. IMO, because it's solar, the fence can be left on 24/7 at no additional expense. Reason being that the dogs have been seen frequently during the day, snooping for later.

Wife is just going to have to adjust.

-sterling
Well, place the first wire low enough to the ground to deter the damn chicken egg stealing snakes. :)

Mongrel dogs are two a penny. I assume that Stargazer's point is that a purebred dog is also capable of inflicting serious injury so we should beware of mongrels and purebreds alike.

The injured hand doesn't look like it belongs to an infant or a child. The injury looks more of a canine tooth slice than a bite - not that it lessens matters.

Approaching a dog's head is unwise, even if it is with the customary back of the hand to allow the dog to sniff it. Judging the dog's "mood" first is important, but even that's no guarantee of safety with a strange animal.

Wadayaknow?

Wife was all against an Electric Fence (waste of money, I'm scared), until her friends on Facebook all told her what a good idea it was. Now she woke me from my nap to go outside and help set up a temporary fence and test it with a bait bird.

SMH

That's great, but she's riding me that I didn't do it sooner.

-sterling

I could, but am not going to, show you the dog bite on my Wife's bum.

No, she wasn't trying to reach out, hug or kiss the dog with her bum. Just sitting talking with a friend and it ran up and tried to take a hunk out. Years ago and not as bad as pictured. They are just faded scars now.

More often than not, it is 'not' a shared responsibility like this one.

IMO, Thailand is in need of a more robust Animal 'Control' system. Not an Animal 'Protection' Act.

Mandatory tagging/vaccination would be a good place to start.

-sterling
Thailand cannot even get most people to wea a helmet when riding motor cycles.
Nothing will happen about dog control.

Wadayaknow?

Wife was all against an Electric Fence (waste of money, I'm scared), until her friends on Facebook all told her what a good idea it was. Now she woke me from my nap to go outside and help set up a temporary fence and test it with a bait bird.

SMH

That's great, but she's riding me that I didn't do it sooner.

-sterling
You needed approval from the Thai gal gang. LOL

I lived on a road in the UK with smart houses, but it led to a notorious over-spill estate, and our property was broken into many times from the road at the front and from the playing fields at the rear. I had surveillance cameras, alarms, and video recording equipment. They still broke into the house, and stole one car as well as the contents on several other occasions. I discussed this with the police to no avail. I solved the problem eventually by connecting electric wires to the metal fencing around the property. I was not allowed to connect the wires to a 240 V mains supply for obvious reasons, but I then added signs to the fencing at 1.8 metre intervals saying

"Beware: 240 V electricity current. Touch at your own risk. Risk of deadly shock!"

There was no current but the police were happy with the sign, and the thieving gits didn't bother us again...
If we were to have a problem again here, I would repeat the solution. There are plenty of shops around that can produce vinyl signs to your own spec.

So, the electric fence will be on in the evenings when the chickens are inside the coop? Once finished I'd love to see some video of the dogs trying to get in and getting a 'shock' of their lives. LOL Does the fencing have intensity levels of electric you can adjust? :smilingimp:

We set up a bait bird and test wired around it last night. Wife's idea, I was surprised she wanted to do it.

Unfortunately, I forgot to turn the trail cam back on when I moved it. Hoping they didn't come, but expect we missed it. Bummer.

-sterling.

No more pics for a while. The Trail Cam (a week old) coughed once, and died. Failed its Saving Throw. Won't even power on.

Cheap Chinese Cr@9!

On the plus side, at about 5:30am this morning, Wife thought she heard a -yelp!- from outside. She ran to the window but didn't see anything.

-sterling

No more pics for a while. The Trail Cam (a week old) coughed once, and died. Failed its Saving Throw. Won't even power on.

Cheap Chinese Cr@9!

On the plus side, at about 5:30am this morning, Wife thought she heard a -yelp!- from outside. She ran to the window but didn't see anything.

-sterling
Put it in the fridge. Then try it. Just when its nice and cold.

Back