Transfer money to UK.

Not so much hoops realy. The person on the other end of the phone wanted to know why we were sending that much money. We told them we were buying a car. Then they asked to see the papers for the car, imposible I said they are in England. Told to take a seat while she thrashed this one out with the other end.
Obviously she sorted it, and we continued with the form. Next problem came with the SORT code and IBAN code. Not enough didgets said the person on the phone. Yes there are I said. "Please take a seat while I sort this out" Eventualy they agreed that the code's I had given them were OK. Transfer complete.
We took the blue house book, Wife's ID card, bank book, and kept calm. Job done.

Good result Mahdam.

I suspect that in a less helpful bank those questions could have been barriers..................... "No have papers, no can transfer................"

The should use a SWIFT code and account number, IBAN is not for Thailand transfers.

(IBAN suggests they may be using Sterling in their London office to send intra-UK to your bank. How it appears on your UK bank statement may give a clue to that)

Back