UK Bank account for expats

I only have two pension providers (as per yesterday), one of which transfers the money directly into my Thai bank free of transfer charges, the other deposits monthly payments into my I.o.M. bank account in Sterling. I am still awaiting @CO-CO 's advice of when the Sterling - Baht exchange rate is at the optimum to bring the cash to Thailand.

[Edit - 42.07 - FFS!]

I have decided to charge for such service in the future.....please send blank cheque to my home address.

Re MONZO.........

Do I need to be a UK resident?
Yes, you currently need to be resident in the UK to get a Monzo card. We hope to launch internationally in the future though!

That seems to just leave Transferwise Borderless account

I am not a UK resident.

I will be approved for an account.

You do, in fact, need to quote a UK address. I was wrong when I said otherwise in the OP.

I am not a UK resident.

I will be approved for an account.

You do, in fact, need to quote a UK address. I was wrong when I said otherwise in the OP.

I think it fair to say that you are more UK resident than most members on here.:) Is it not necessary to show evidence of the UK address (ie utility bill etc) in the same way it is necessary to show evidence of a Thai address when applying for a replacement UK passport?

I think it fair to say that you are more UK resident than most members on here.:) Is it not necessary to show evidence of the UK address (ie utility bill etc) in the same way it is necessary to show evidence of a Thai address when applying for a replacement UK passport?

I believe that you simply quote the address.... I haven't tested it yet - will do soon.

Just opened a Transferwise account for a local expat - took less than 10 mins.

Just need a UK address and then scan passport ID page.

Just opened a Transferwise account for a local expat - took less than 10 mins.

Just need a UK address and then scan passport ID page.

I have an account with Transferwise and I did not use a UK address. I don't have one. They did ask me for a photo ID (passport) and something else I think. Can't find the original request.

I have an account with Transferwise and I did not use a UK address. I don't have one. They did ask me for a photo ID (passport) and something else I think. Can't find the original request.

Nomad - you have a "Borderless account" with Transferwise with a sort code that starts 23- ?

There was no f**king pension in the I.o.M. bank then. Maybe I could have asked them to send me two years pension in advance?
They treated me very well when I and my boss were sent over for 10 days (by Nat West, there owners) to suggest efficiency measure in all IOM Bank departments. Was probably the poshest hotel that I’ve ever said in (free). The only down side was that I was 1 week late for experiencing the TT Racing unfortunetly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back