UPDATE

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

Your connection isn't private ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;;

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.buriramexpats.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

Your connection isn't private ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;; ;;haha;;

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.buriramexpats.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

These warnings are not uncommon when your network thinks that the other site's SSL certificate is missing or carries one or more errors? An SSL certificate error occurs when a web browser can't verify the SSL certificate installed on a site. Rather than connect users to your website, the browser will display an error message, warning users that the site may be insecure.

An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website's identity and enables an encrypted connection. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a security protocol that creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser.

Companies and organizations need to add SSL certificates to their websites to secure online transactions and keep customer information private and secure.

In short: SSL keeps internet connections secure and prevents criminals from reading or modifying information transferred between two systems. When you see a padlock icon next to the URL in the address bar, that means SSL protects the website you are visiting.

The message seen by GL doesn't necessarily mean that there is something dodgy about the site.

These warnings are not uncommon when your network thinks that the other site's SSL certificate is missing or carries one or more errors? An SSL certificate error occurs when a web browser can't verify the SSL certificate installed on a site. Rather than connect users to your website, the browser will display an error message, warning users that the site may be insecure.

An SSL certificate is a digital certificate that authenticates a website's identity and enables an encrypted connection. SSL stands for Secure Sockets Layer, a security protocol that creates an encrypted link between a web server and a web browser.

Companies and organizations need to add SSL certificates to their websites to secure online transactions and keep customer information private and secure.

In short: SSL keeps internet connections secure and prevents criminals from reading or modifying information transferred between two systems. When you see a padlock icon next to the URL in the address bar, that means SSL protects the website you are visiting.

The message seen by GL doesn't necessarily mean that there is something dodgy about the site.
However, we know GL is somewhat " DODGEY ".

Maybe it's his connection. I've just tried with no problems. Even made an application to join while I was there.

Thanks for the link Gotost.

You haven't missed much. It's still 'haunted' by 'Smithy' (AKA. A Crisp) and I find it no fun at all.
There seems to be a lot of good and useful information when looking at past posts and subjects. Buriram has a lot to offer with the football stadium and race track. Some good places to eat too, I don't mean McDonalds. A good day out, if you like that sort of thing.

I didn't notice any haunting.

There seems to be a lot of good and useful information when looking at past posts and subjects. Buriram has a lot to offer with the football stadium and race track. Some good places to eat too, I don't mean McDonalds. A good day out, if you like that sort of thing.

Your right, many years ago we used to have meet-up's in The Bamboo bar and it was fun.
Luckily, the 'haunting's' have subdued now as you've suggested.

Buriram has really moved up in the past 20 years. Used to be Surin's little sister. Then a very powerful politician (Newin) took the reigns and seriously improved the city. One thing was the new airport back then. Used to be Surin airport was available and part of the circle of air travel in the area. Then the military claimed they needed it for the war with Cambodia at that time (Khao Phra Vihan border). Closed it down to public use. Then this influential politician with lots of pull (he did have the military's ear as well) got the new airport he wanted. After that they built the racetrack. The city has grown in leaps and bounds while Surin's bigshots did nothing much really to improve Surin. They seem to think the Surin Elephant Festival is all they need to promote tourism to the area. They haven't fought to get the airport here reopened to public use, no real tourism industry has been promoted, of which there are many things in the area that could be done to do so. About all I have seen is they like to tear up roads endlessly and keep replacing the sewer and water drains with larger ones every couple of years, and there's a large turtle building promoting OTOP products. They did fence in the reservoir and exercise park, why I don't know. They, the pols here, do not seem to have much pull with the Bangkok pols and military. Buriram has taken over the area and flourished. JMHO

Last edited:
Your right, many years ago we used to have meet-up's in The Bamboo bar and it was fun.
Luckily, the 'haunting's' have subdued now as you've suggested.
No, I suggested no haunting on posts. Not only recently. Lots of information and a bit of banter.

A few characters but looking in good taste.

Deaths and some posters moving away from the area seems to have slowed the forum somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's his connection. I've just tried with no problems. Even made an application to join while I was there.

Thanks for the link Gotost.
Just clicked the link and had a look. Pretty much dead. Many of the forums haven't had a post since 2021, 22, 23, and only a few in 24. I haven't been on there for years, mostly because I don't live there and rarely get over there. Mainly recent stuff is on visas and real estate. Basically looks like the owner has closed shop. Family gets over that way looking in Makro for much better products and prices than Surin Makro. The Makro manager in Buriram has his shite together. Much better run.

Buriram has really moved up in the past 20 years. Used to be Surin's little sister. Then a very powerful politician (Newin) took the reigns and seriously improved the city. One thing was the new airport back then. Used to be Surin airport was available and part of the circle of air travel in the area. Then the military claimed they needed it for the war with Cambodia at that time (Khao Phra Vihan border). Closed it down to public use. Then this influential politician with lots of pull (he did have the military's ear as well) got the new airport he wanted. After that they built the racetrack. The city has grown in leaps and bounds while Surin's bigshots did nothing much really to improve Surin. They seem to think the Surin Elephant Festival is all they need to promote tourism to the area. They haven't fought to get the airport here reopened to public use, no real tourism industry has been promoted, of which there are many things in the area that could be done to do so. About all I have seen is they like to tear up roads endlessly and keep replacing the sewer and water drains with larger ones every couple of years, and there's a large turtle building promoting OTOP products. They did fence in the reservoir and exercise park, why I don't know. They, the pols here, do not seem to have much pull with the Bangkok pols and military. Buriram has taken over the area and flourished. JMHO
Forgot to mention the football stadium and the team. They seem to hire good players and always are in the wins column.

Just clicked the link and had a look. Pretty much dead. Many of the forums haven't had a post since 2021, 22, 23, and only a few in 24. I haven't been on there for years, mostly because I don't live there and rarely get over there. Mainly recent stuff is on visas and real estate. Basically looks like the owner has closed shop. Family gets over that way looking in Makro for much better products and prices than Surin Makro. The Makro manager in Buriram has his shite together. Much better run.
Totally agree that Makro Buriram is far far better than Surin. Been like that for a long time

Looks like it was pretty much a forum to relay information.

Restaurants, phone repairs, bars, where to buy. The owners appear to have many businesses, judging by the advertisements. Maybe the forum doesn't matter to them.

Likely lost out to the Facebook groups relating to the area.

Restaurants, phone repairs, bars, where to buy. The owners appear to have many businesses, judging by the advertisements. Maybe the forum doesn't matter to them.

Well, unless the fact that I haven't joined the forum there the restaurants fora was last posted in on November 19, 2022.

Buriram does have some good restaurants I have seen. But not seeing any new info on there about them.

Yeah, FB, Twitter/X and other places certainly slowed down most of the discussion boards. Most have been in decline for some years now.

Back