Verified by VISA Registration

Yorky

Fullritis Member
I have today been requested to conduct the above by Kasikorn Bank prior to a supplier accepting the card for on-line payment.

After five attempts I gave up. "Verification not accepted" was their answer.

You are required to input the following:

Card number
Passport number
Passport expiry date
Account number
Date of birth

Surely I didn't input the card number incorrectly 5 times.
I am not aware that Kasikorn bank have my latest passport number on record so that or the accompanying expiry date cannot be the problem.
Again, I cannot believe that I incorrectly input the account number 5 times.
I think I remember my date of birth.

Has anyone else been required to "Verify VISA" and had problems?

Y (dumb ass)

[Edit: the form: https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx ]

Last edited:
I think the shopping card is a different number to your ATM card. Prakhonchai Nick is more familiar with them than I am.

I am attempting to use a "K-MAX Debit Card" which I haven't actually used online before although I have used my K-Debit card (which has expired). I also have a Kaisikorn Ecard which I believe is now called a "shopping card".

I am so confused I'm orf t'rub-a-dub fer a pig's ear.

Y

Yorky - contact Kasikorn Bank

Utilizing any credit card at any on-line vendor should only entail you providing the Credit or Debit Card number, the date it is valid through and possibly a three-digit PIN number on the back of the card.

Did Kasikorn Bank make this request on-line to you ? Or was it the suppliers web-site requesting the info ?

The other details requested I would deem Bull sh*t.
Why would they require your Passport, Visa and birth information unless it was for an airline reservation ?

Hopefully , you haven't been hacked...hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have today been requested to conduct the above by Kasikorn Bank prior to a supplier accepting the card for on-line payment.

After five attempts I gave up. "Verification not accepted" was their answer.

You are required to input the following:

Card number
Passport number
Passport expiry date
Account number
Date of birth

Surely I didn't input the card number incorrectly 5 times.
I am not aware that Kasikorn bank have my latest passport number on record so that or the accompanying expiry date cannot be the problem.
Again, I cannot believe that I incorrectly input the account number 5 times.
I think I remember my date of birth.

Has anyone else been required to "Verify VISA" and had problems?

Y (dumb ass)

[Edit: the form: https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx ]

Paypal, verification by visa... I have nothing but hassle with both those bloody things, i gave up using eBay because of it. And just when you think you got it sorted with a card purchase online, the bank blocks it and bars your card for "suspicious activity" .

The Kasikorn shopping card is a virtual card. They provide you with a 16 digit number , 3 digit code, and an expiry date.

This is available after you log on to Kasikorn /KBank online banking. Look at the Service menu on the LHS..Press K-Web shopping card and then apply. Only takes a few seconds.

Utilizing any credit card at any on-line vendor should only entail you providing the Credit or Debit Card number, the date it is valid through and possibly a three-digit PIN number on the back of the card.

Did Kasikorn Bank make this request on-line to you ? Or was it the suppliers web-site requesting the info ?

Why would they require your Passport, Visa and birth information unless it was for an airline reservation ?

DING! DING! DING! DING!

The alarm bells should be ringing loud and clear. This is possible identity theft. The banks always say loud and clear - do not give personal information in response to an email. The banks never ask for it, and often remind their customers accordingly. If requested by anyone then someone is scamming you for sure.

Yorky clearly stated that it was K Bank who asked for this.

If indeed this was the case he is likely to be on safe ground.

I am 'verified for Visa' on all my cards and during a transaction I am often asked to input a password and 3 random digits.

Please don't confuse this, quite normal activity, with someone scamming personal information.

I have emailed the bank and await their response prior to moving forward any further.

Yorky clearly stated that it was K Bank who asked for this.

If indeed this was the case he is likely to be on safe ground.

I am 'verified for Visa' on all my cards and during a transaction I am often asked to input a password and 3 random digits.

Please don't confuse this, quite normal activity, with someone scamming personal information.

I repeat, banks do not or should not ask for personal information by email. Maybe it was K Bank, maybe it was not. Yorky was asked for some very personal information:

Card number
Passport number
Passport expiry date
Account number
Date of birth

This looks like phishing mail to me. Please read the following for more information: http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/tag/RequestsForYourAccountInformation

Last edited:
It wasn't by email Nomad, it was on this web page:

https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx

Y

The good news is that it is linked to a genuine Kasakorn bank IP address, not somewhere in Nigeria or Russia.
Domain Name: KASIKORNBANK.COM
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Registrant Name: Surose Petchakich
Registrant Organization: KASIKORNBANK PCL
Name Server: SHADOW.KASIKORNBANK.COM
Name Server: NS2.ANET.NET.TH
Name Server: MASTER01.CSLOXINFO.COM
Name Server: SHINE.KASIKORNBANK.COM
DNSSEC: unsigned

For complete domain details go to:
http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=KASIKORNBANK.COM

Information Updated: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 09:33:29 UTC

It wasn't by email Nomad, it was on this web page:

https://rt03.kasikornbank.com/enroll/cardNumber.aspx

Y

Thanks Yorky, I did not realise it was not an email. Even so, I would not want to post all my personal data onto the internet, be it for a bank or anyone else. In a tech savvy world its all too easy to have one's identity stolen. Why make it easier for them. Find a different bank maybe....or a different means of payment.

As Coffee has already said, all that you should be asked for is:

"Credit or Debit Card number, the date it is valid through and possibly a three-digit PIN number on the back of the card."

I have used the ATM/debit card from Bangkok Bank for online purchases and this is the most I have ever been asked for. I would feel very uncomfortable providing more information than that.

Thanks Yorky, I did not realise it was not an email. Even so, I would not want to post all my personal data onto the internet, be it for a bank or anyone else. In a tech savvy world its all too easy to have one's identity stolen. Why make it easier for them. Find a different bank maybe....or a different means of payment.

As Coffee has already said, all that you should be asked for is:

"Credit or Debit Card number, the date it is valid through and possibly a three-digit PIN number on the back of the card."

I have used the ATM/debit card from Bangkok Bank for online purchases and this is the most I have ever been asked for. I would feel very uncomfortable providing more information than that.

Verified by Visa and Mastercard Secure are additional safeguards for the consumer.

I have no problem for signing up these security measures and you can always

Coffee is off the mark - the retailer asks for NOTHING, the card company asks you to input bits of your security code as additional for online transactions.

I would say that is a good think - and you can always look for the little green lock symbol on the bank's URL.

https://www.expat.hsbc.com/1/2/hsbc-expat/popups/extra-security-when-you-shop-online

Last edited:
Having had no response from Kasikorn Bank to my email enquiry I have changed payment method to the K-Web shopping card.

The only additional input required above "card number", "name" and "CVV" was the OTP which was sent via SMS to my phone.

AFAIK, the order has been accepted and I shall await delivery (without wheels).

Y (technically challenged)

This morning I received an email response to my enquiry.

Should anyone be in the same boat as I, this is what they advised:

"According to your enquiry regarding about using Debit Card for online purchase, we would like to inform you that you need to register this service by yourself at K-ATM across the country from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. How to apply for the service

1) Select menu option " Mutual Fund/Apply for Service/K-Mobile Banking/Others "

2) Select menu option “Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card”

3) Select menu option “Apply”

4) Enter your 10-digit mobile phone number to obtain an OTP VbV: One Time Password Verified by VISA, and to receive K-mAlert Debit Card Spending. Then press “Submit”

5) Read the terms and conditions of the service and press “Agree”

6) Get a transaction record together with an SMS to confirm that the application is complete."

QED.

Presumably this can be done online - I may even have done it myself and forgotten that I have already registered.

Used my Mastercard on Monday for Lazada purchases (extra 10%discount) and was prompted to put in numbers from my security code.

excuse me for my ignorance

If one is holding a valid credit or debit card from any BANK or FINANCIAL company in the world - WHY would they require a passport and visa number for an on-line credit transaction ?
I could possibly understand requesting a birth date , mother's maiden name or last four digits of one's national ID card.

I have utilized my Credit Cards world-wide and for many on-line transactions.
In advance of residing in SE Asia I informed my Credit Cards companies that I would be utilizing my cards in various regions as I would be traveling internationally.

I can only fathom that a credit card company / bank might balk if they were worried that someone had gotten hold of of a members card for a transaction (ie: An American credit card holder having an on-line transaction from a Iranian auto dealership).

Pray tell dear Co-Co ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If one is holding a valid credit or debit card from any BANK or FINANCIAL company in the world - WHY would they require a passport and visa number for an on-line credit transaction ?

I do not know if your debit/credit cards are from a bank here in LOS Coffee, but all mine (from Bangkok and Kasikorn banks) have not had/do not have my name on them. The embossed "name" is "privileged user". Could this be something to do with it?

Y (not as confused as I usually am)

That could have...

I do not know if your debit/credit cards are from a bank here in LOS Coffee, but all mine (from Bangkok and Kasikorn banks) have not had/do not have my name on them. The embossed "name" is "privileged user". Could this be something to do with it?

Y (not as confused as I usually am)

...everything to do with it, Yorky. Think1

Back