Verified by VISA Registration

If one is holding a valid credit or debit card from any BANK or FINANCIAL company in the world - WHY would they require a passport and visa number for an on-line credit transaction ?
I could possibly understand requesting a birth date , mother's maiden name or last four digits of one's national ID card.

I have utilized my Credit Cards world-wide and for many on-line transactions.
In advance of residing in SE Asia I informed my Credit Cards companies that I would be utilizing my cards in various regions as I would be traveling internationally.

I can only fathom that a credit card company / bank might balk if they were worried that someone had gotten hold of of a members card for a transaction (ie: An American credit card holder having an on-line transaction from a Iranian auto dealership).

Pray tell dear Co-Co ?

You are not grasping the point. The information is not needed for an online transaction. The card processor (Visa/Mastercard) requires part of passwords/codes to verify the transactions.

Telling a bank that you are going overseas is pointless (downright inadvisable in the case of some UK banks) because they operate a random security check procedure. This has caused me to call a UK bank on 2 occasions from Big C in Pattaya when transactions were blocked.

You are not grasping the point. The information is not needed for an online transaction. The card processor (Visa/Mastercard) requires part of passwords/codes to verify the transactions.

Telling a bank that you are going overseas is pointless (downright inadvisable in the case of some UK banks) because they operate a random security check procedure. This has caused me to call a UK bank on 2 occasions from Big C in Pattaya when transactions were blocked.

Funny as I must not be grasping the point.

I have never been contacted when using my Credit Cards for on-line or in-person transactions - WHY ?

I had been contacted when my card was utilized for a suspicious transaction that was not mine. I stated that I did not make the transaction and I was not charged.

I've never had an issue with my monthly statements on-line.

For a high-end transaction I was sent a text and an e-mail communication to advise checking for a private message on-line (bank's website) to advise me about the transaction and that I should make contact if I did not want the transaction to proceed.

Obviously the three separate banks whose credit cards I use must not be doing a good job , eh ?

Damn me if I've ever been asked to provide a visa number, passport number and date of birth unless it was for an International airline reservation.

So Co-Co ,what point am I not properly grasping ?

Back