visa extension

Deerculler

Surin relic
Went to Korat Immigration yesterday to do 90 report. No problems. Staff very friendly.
I will be doing my 12 month extension in January using iincome [ pensions ] Plus balance in the bank. I thought that using this method one did not have to have the money in your bank account for three months. WRONG. Was told, money has to be in your account for three months prior to appling for the 12 month extension. Different to what I was told on Thai Visa.

Not sticking up for TV but it has always been for money in bank 2 months for orginal application and 3 months every extention afterwards.

Just saw your TV post. What they said is true but need to understand that what Korat requires may not be what Chiang Mai requires or pattaya requires. TIT.

Last edited:
I understand that. All I am doing is making people aware of what happened at Korat Immigration so they don't get caught out.

Deerculler, Just to confirm - this is a retirement extension ?

Yes Ray. It is a retirement extension.

Thanks, in which case it was no issue mixing income and bank deposit (unlike, in theory, a marriage extension where you cannot).

As they said on TV - T.I.T. each immigration is a law unto themselves and deviate from their own law/edicts as they see fit. Not easy for us Falangs to anticipate.

I have the money. I was in no hurry to take money from my account in NZ and put it into my Bangkok Bank account. If I had gone to Chong Chom as I normally do and not known and I would have been in the crap come next January when I did my visa extension. So just passing on the info in case others did the same thing.
They have there policy and I don't think it would be easy to change there minds.

I have the money. I was in no hurry to take money from my account in NZ and put it into my Bangkok Bank account. If I had gone to Chong Chom as I normally do and not known and I would have been in the crap come next January when I did my visa extension. So just passing on the info in case others did the same thing.
They have there policy and I don't think it would be easy to change there minds.

Sounds like your OK. Good info on Korat Img.

My visa extension is due on the 25-01-2012. Money has to be in Thai Bank for three months. I went Korat on the 21-10-2011 a Friday. Banks in NZ close on weekends. Long weekend in NZ. Money needed to be in Thai Bank 24-10-2011. Bit of a sweat believe me, but doneThumbUp6

Yesterday I did my 12-month long-stay visa extension (based on retirement) at Korat Immigration. Walked into the office just after 0930 to see many people sitting around on the chairs waiting. Pressed the button on the ticket machine for a visa extension and the number, 007, started flashing immediately for desk 1. No time to fill in the forms or the 90-day report so I just sat down at desk 1. A flurry of activity filling in forms as we went, 2000 THB handed over, 100 THB handed back in change, and 20 minutes later I was out of there and on my way to Korat zoo with the family. Very quick, efficient and hassle free. Documents required were the original confirmation of Income letter from the British Embassy, and one copy of the relevant pages from my passport, my wife's ID card and the 2 pages from her blue house book, plus one recent passport sized photo. I have no idea why the other people were sitting around waiting although I think one or two gave me a dirty look for queue jumping - which I did not.

For your further information, my 10-year passport expires in October 2012 so the visa extension only runs to the expiry date of the passport. However, the Immigration Officer informed my wife that once I had the new passport I was to return to Korat Immigration with both passports where they would transfer the original non-immigrant visa to my new passport and extend the expiry date of the visa extension to 30 December 2012. This can be accomplished anytime before the expiry date of the visa extension. All in all a first class service - thank you very much.

Last edited:
Back